Gaming Discussion > Other Games

Ascension?

(1/6) > >>

Stratovarius:
Any fans of Ascension here? It's a deck building card game designed by several M:tG professionals and is a much cheaper way to get your fix in. Free, if you use iOS or Android.

RedWarlock:
Semi-free. You can buy the later expansions as unlocks. I actually started with the physical game itself, got like 8-9ish boxes on my gaming shelf (all but the most-recent, I think?).

We eventually made up a custom dice roller for serving out monster/faction cards and treasure because the single pile became too unwieldy. Eventually decided that the later expansions' new resource mechanics made a big all-expansions-at-once game too thin-stretched.

I have it on iOS, as do a couple of my local gamer buddies. ID RedWarlock

Stratovarius:
True about base vs unlocks, although to my mind the unlocks sometimes add a few too many things. There's one particular combo of decks (the one that adds Dimension Diver + Reclamax) that lets you land an infinite combo pretty regularly. It gets flooded out in later versions by the addition of lots more cards, but a touch silly that it's there in the first place.

You probably just saw me add you, it's Stratovarius (what a shock  :o )

RedWarlock:

--- Quote from: Stratovarius on August 30, 2017, 08:26:47 PM ---You probably just saw me add you, it's Stratovarius (what a shock  :o )

--- End quote ---
Didn't see it when I checked, but I did add you back (did you get the capitalization right? Not sure if it affects it..) and I started a game to see how it plays. 1 day timer for pass-play? (I wonder if it uses notifications for turns played.. I could easily slip on it otherwise.)

Stratovarius:

--- Quote from: RedWarlock on August 30, 2017, 09:24:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Stratovarius on August 30, 2017, 08:26:47 PM ---You probably just saw me add you, it's Stratovarius (what a shock  :o )

--- End quote ---
Didn't see it when I checked, but I did add you back (did you get the capitalization right? Not sure if it affects it..) and I started a game to see how it plays. 1 day timer for pass-play? (I wonder if it uses notifications for turns played.. I could easily slip on it otherwise.)

--- End quote ---

It blipped me somehow when you sent the invite, although it disappeared right away. I'm traveling tomorrow, so I might miss my next turn, but we'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version