Author Topic: Alternate Personalities  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Lo77o

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Alternate Personalities
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
I will be playing a Changeling Rogue/Factotum going into Chameleon very very soon. We are starting at level 5, and i bought some swiftweave clothing.

Swiftweave is basically 5 different outfits in 1, and you can change them as a free action.

Combine this with the Changelings ability to change his appearance + some very good social skills and i think i could have a lot of fun with it.

The thing is, i'm very adept at making the mechanical side of characters work, and i can usually make a good background story and conjure up a fitting personality. But this time iv got 5 different "people" ready at a moments notice.

The 5 sets of clothing iv picked is as following.

Noble:   This outfit consists of fine fabrics in the latest fashion. Fit for any court or high functions.
Traveller:   This outfit consists of simple but well made and maintained materials. The sort of travelling clothing one would [/float]expect from a merchant.
Peasant:   This outfit consists of layered rags. A mishmash of different articles of clothing.
Burglar:   This outfit consists of tight fitted leather in dark shades, including muffled boots, agile gloves, spacious cloak with a hood and a mask.
Soldier:   This outfit consists of fine leather, sturdy boots, a weathered cloak, and what appear to be some kind of garments and insignia that    indicates its a uniform.

What i would like to get some help with is fluff up some race/personality traits and such for each setup. The Burglar is not that important since i figure no one will really talk much to him.

My Character is Chaotic Good, and is generally just a good natured con-man, who is after the ever elusive "big score".

Bonus points if you have any good portraits to go along.

Also, i am willing to change some of the outfits, but it is important to me that i have very different "personas" that i can change into quickly. Something for any encounter.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Personalities
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »
I would have thought the soldier would have some armor, possibly also holding a halberd or something. I know it doesn't come with swiftweave but you might want to accessorise.

Other than that though I wouldn't bother with distinct personalities, one of your biggest bonuses is that you could be a male elf noble at one point and a female dwarf the next.

Offline Lo77o

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Personalities
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
I would have thought the soldier would have some armor, possibly also holding a halberd or something. I know it doesn't come with swiftweave but you might want to accessorise.

Other than that though I wouldn't bother with distinct personalities, one of your biggest bonuses is that you could be a male elf noble at one point and a female dwarf the next.

Ya i know. But it was mostly so i had some quick ones. If not ill end up at the table in a panic trying to convince the guard who just stopped me that i'm Steve the Orc, and i'm in town to buy some Silk Drapes and a Gnome Tri-Cycle.