Author Topic: Einst Queen  (Read 16899 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Einst Queen
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 03:42:13 AM »
Good point, added clause that a new Einst Queen can start with 3 drones of her highest tier plus half her max capacity of nutrients.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 08:26:49 PM »
Despite being humanoid-sized, she can push herself to act on mecha-scale by spending 1 energy per turn and paying more 20% energy to use her maneuvers and stances.

At what size? Would a medium-sized Einst Queen be MU medium or MU fine? Does weapon damage change if treated as the smaller size?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 02:04:20 AM »
Medium size Einst Queen would count as a medium mecha, weapon damage remain unchanged.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »
Hm, for Bioframes, what's their BAB/saves when the Queen isn't around to override them? The same as the level the Queen gets access to Bioframes of that level?

Ditto for if it gets granted a maneuver via Infiltrator Queen and needs a PL
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:38:28 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
Zero Bab/base saves/PL. Yes, they're supposed to be pretty weak mooks when outside the queen's direct control, that's why there's no production limit besides gathering the raw materials.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2018, 10:11:36 PM »
Huh, interesting (though it feels like they should at least have 1 PL just for sanity's sake since they can have maneuvers).

Does Infiltrator Queen's acting on a mecha scale count as piloting a mecha for the purpose of, e.g., the H.A.R.O. feat?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:44:38 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2018, 12:33:04 AM »
Huh, interesting (though it feels like they should at least have 1 PL just for sanity's sake since they can have maneuvers).
Gave them PL equal to bioframe level since some mutations also auto-scale with it.

Does Infiltrator Queen's acting on a mecha scale count as piloting a mecha for the purpose of, e.g., the H.A.R.O. feat?
Yes.

Offline Theseventh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
For any of the Einst Queen feats that reference her spending energy (like Alien Arts) how is she supposed to get/have this energy? Can it be from a Drone?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2018, 07:32:54 PM »
Piloting a Drone or Infiltrator Queen, I think.

Offline Theseventh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2018, 12:11:40 AM »
So you can pilot a drone, spend it's energy and get abilities that buff your other drones?

I hope that's the case. Otherwise the feat is essentially locked behind 2/3 class path options.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2018, 01:12:25 AM »
Yes, an Adaptative/Nurturing Einst Queen can use the energy of a drone they're "piloting" as her own.

Offline QuadraticGish

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2019, 01:13:48 AM »
For an up and coming SRWd20 campaign, I'm going to be giving an infiltrator queen a go. I have a few questions/things to point out.
  • Can you elaborate on the proficiencies infiltration queens are granted from their school? Not all pilot schools have a discipline weapon list.
  • Shouldn't Einst Queens be proficient with bioweapons? Nothing indicates that they are.
  • If an infiltration queen chooses Into the Danger Zone as a discipline, they're unable to pick a maneuver at 2nd level as there are only two maneuvers available.
  • How are bioweapons from Alien Arts handled if the queen isn't acting on mecha scale?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:28:41 AM by QuadraticGish »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2019, 05:36:28 AM »
For an up and coming SRWd20 campaign, I'm going to be giving an infiltrator queen a go. I have a few questions/things to point out.
  • Can you elaborate on the proficiencies infiltration queens are granted from their school? Not all pilot schools have a discipline weapon list.
  • Shouldn't Einst Queens be proficient with bioweapons? Nothing indicates that they are.
  • If an infiltration queen chooses Into the Danger Zone as a discipline, they're unable to pick a maneuver at 2nd level as there are only two maneuvers available.
  • How are bioweapons from Alien Arts handled if the queen isn't acting on mecha scale?
-Now they gain proficiency in Photon weapons from the personal equipment list.
-Added proficiency in bioweapons base.
-Added Adrenaline Rush 1st level Boost to Danger Zone.
-Use same stats except mu are converted to feet and otherwise don't count as mecha weapons. Alien Arts that demand a bioweapon to use won't be any good for the queen personally if she doesn't have any however.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »
Maybe I missed something, but does a Queen have any sort of way to tell what the Drones under her Will are experiencing? Or do we just have to strap a camera on the long ranged ones?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2019, 01:07:00 AM »
Well for default drones it would be a bit too abuseable since there's no cap for how many einst you can have out. But since the Dominion mutation only works while under the limited Queen's Will, added the option to share senses to that one.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2019, 08:41:10 AM »
Yea, I specifically meant ones under her Will anyways. But Dominion is definitely useful, it's what I was wondering for. Got a Drone Mecha in other game that's used for hit and run / long distance strikes.

Offline QuadraticGish

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2021, 02:16:19 PM »
Are there any special notes if an Einst Queen mutliclasses with a Monado Maiden?

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2021, 07:50:46 PM »
Other than the Queen being unable to pilot a mech, which would most likely mean her drones too, no.