Author Topic: The OOC thread  (Read 169265 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: The OOC thread
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
You don't HAVE to have them, but you will often be at a disadvantage if you don't.

Besides, most if not all of your characters are resistant to the nasty side-effects in some way or to some degree. So the risks ARE smaller overall.

Your equipment's also typically made with or from them to some degree, or may have Jewels embedded in them. So interesting things may happen all around from having them on hand.  :smirk
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:13:43 PM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »
I'm liable to forget I have it... XD

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »
I would take the second path into this, but the required feats... are not exactly the most useful combo. On the other hand, I have no better idea what to do with them. And that still leaves me with a feat to spare that I haven't decided on. Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »
Re-posting from the interest thread since this exists now:

So, other than the fact that this world is bathed in grim darkness and the sun never shines and Rock and Heavy Metal exist, Besides what's listed in the World Info thread, is there anything more you can tell us about the world? I'm looking at a variety of homebrew for ideas and found that I actually don't know much about the setting. Obviously technology is advanced enough to allow for electric guitars, or the Power Bard wouldn't be capable of rocking so hard. :P

Basically, I know Dungeon Star was pretty advanced, technologically-speaking (to the point of being almost as much sci-fi as fantasy), and allowed for some interested re-interpretations to layed on the Rule-of-Cool stylings. However, 'grim' only goes so far as a descriptor, and can describe both 'black death' dark ages/medieval societies as well as dystopian futures where there's a lot of advanced technology, even if it's mostly covered in mud, rust, and blood.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
Well, I'm going to get more detailed about it later, but as a base, technology-wise, you're better off thinking Victorian-era technology. Electric guitars are the exception, because technology has advanced enough to allow for their existence - but only as far as their creation goes. So, there are amps, and there are sound systems, but no cameras - and by comparison to what one would THINK of an amp, their look is ancient and bulky at best.

Dystopian is a good word to use in this regard, but in some ways, you're better off imagining the world as depicted in the Vampire Hunter D novels, but with less technology.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
Alright, I'm officially more interested than I was now that I've got some setting information.

Kuro, do you feel like you could take on another player?  It's okay if not since I did concede to arias.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »
Well, for instance I was thinking of how appropriate a Synthevolver from Perce's Magipunk suite would be. A Biosynth fits in just about any tech level, while a mechanosyth requires a baseline of reasonable technology. I figure even then if a setting is capable of supporting steampunk-level technology, even if it's not prevalent or even very common, would suffice. Sort of like Renegade Mastermaker but as a base class and just generally more awesome.

Plus, it's certainly interesting to think of how the Murder Jewel literally integrates into either path. :)
On the one hand, you've got someone interested in using SCIENCE! to make himself (and everyone else, but mostly himself) better, but on the other, armblade/Claws/SHARKFACE/LASERCANNON and other cool stuff. Except, you know, dim and dreary because of Grimness.

At the same time, I'm also still rummaging through ideas because I don't want 'the perfect thing' to fall through the cracks.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:32 AM »
Alright, I'm officially more interested than I was now that I've got some setting information.

Kuro, do you feel like you could take on another player?  It's okay if not since I did concede to arias.
How many players are we at again? I feel like the count dropped a little since I last checked, but...

Well, for instance I was thinking of how appropriate a Synthevolver from Perce's Magipunk suite would be. A Biosynth fits in just about any tech level, while a mechanosyth requires a baseline of reasonable technology. I figure even then if a setting is capable of supporting steampunk-level technology, even if it's not prevalent or even very common, would suffice. Sort of like Renegade Mastermaker but as a base class and just generally more awesome.

Plus, it's certainly interesting to think of how the Murder Jewel literally integrates into either path. :)
On the one hand, you've got someone interested in using SCIENCE! to make himself (and everyone else, but mostly himself) better, but on the other, armblade/Claws/SHARKFACE/LASERCANNON and other cool stuff. Except, you know, dim and dreary because of Grimness.

At the same time, I'm also still rummaging through ideas because I don't want 'the perfect thing' to fall through the cracks.

Hmmm. Well, I think he COULD fit in, but he's likely to be an oddity amid oddities. If you keep his technology levels barely at steampunk setting, we could make this work.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »
Since this was posted:

AND CAN I GET A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING HEADCOUNT GOING HERE?

In:
Raineh Daze
Oslecamo
Concerned Ninja Citizen
SirPercival
Innabinder

"Fenced":
Nanshork
PhaedrusXY (said 'withdraw', then gave in to his need to play the character.)

Withdrawn:
Amchera

Self-Wait-listed:
VennDiagram
Ariasderros

Phaedrus is playing his concept in a different game, and Arias and Venn have both started making characters.

So that's 7, with Nanshork being a potential 8th.

Of those I think Oslecamo is the only one who hasn't posted on this board yet.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »
Tell you what, Nan - I'm going to see how the game handles at the current game capacity, and if I feel like I can handle an additional player, you're in. Otherwise I'll call you if a player drops out.

Sorry, as you can see I have a hard time juggling a mid-sized amount of players. @_@;;

Give me internets. Now.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »
Well, I could always just go Biosynth and technology becomes a moot point. I'll see if I like how it works out or if I happen across a better concept, though this one keeps drawing me back in.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 08:06:15 AM »
Hadn't noticed this was already up, reporting in!

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:03 AM »
Hadn't noticed this was already up, reporting in!

Question for you: Is the equipment provided by the wargear features of the chaos classes magical? Would it function in an antimagic field, for instance?

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »
Unless enanched by some other effect, it's all nonmagic stuff, working on an AMF and also failing to affect incorporeal stuff and whatnot.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
Tell you what, Nan - I'm going to see how the game handles at the current game capacity, and if I feel like I can handle an additional player, you're in. Otherwise I'll call you if a player drops out.

Sorry, as you can see I have a hard time juggling a mid-sized amount of players. @_@;;

No, it's fine.  I did give Arias the go ahead to be ahead of me in the waiting list so I have no one to blame but myself.

However, be aware that I have decided upon the perfect thing for this game.  I want to play this.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »
Oh hey, I was looking for that, haha. Don't worry, you can keep it, that won't work for Dr.  Thaddeus Black anyway. :P

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 01:14:05 PM »
Yay, dealt with my feat conundrum. XD

Should finish it tonight.

EDIT: Crazy vampire lady is go. Probably needs a better name.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:36:04 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »

No, it's fine.  I did give Arias the go ahead to be ahead of me in the waiting list so I have no one to blame but myself.

However, be aware that I have decided upon the perfect thing for this game.  I want to play this.
That's ADOWABLE. =3

Like, my six-month-old cousin adowable.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »
Hmm, no baths of blood in her backstory, definitely need a better name.

... what definition of adorable are you using?  :lmao

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:03 PM »
I envision it kinda like Pokémon, except YOU are the pokéball.

Give me internets. Now.