Author Topic: A story for an archivist  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Yirrare

• Vano Runca - Best NPC name ever!
    • View Profile
A story for an archivist
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »
Greetings my fellow nerds!

For an upcoming group I'm going to be playing my first spellcaster, a gnome archivist (1). I later plan to get into the paragnostic apostle prc (2). The only problem is that I haven't managed to get a story for him that I like.

Seeing how he will be a archivist and later a paragnostic apostle, he will have the ideology that "knowledge is power" and that no knowledge is worthless. However, I feel that giving him something he is specifically looking for will help his story quite a bit. Maybe making joining the paragnostic assembly merely a mean to improving the chance of finding that specific thing. The reasons/specific things I have thought of so far are the ones below.

- The death of a beloved caused an obsession with finding a way to get her back. (Rather like Imhotep trying to resurrect Ankhesenamun in the movie The Mummy. Thought this would require that she can't be brought back by the normal resurrection spells.)
- The fear of death (his own) making him search for the key to eternal life.
- After finding the ultimate answer (namely: 42), he is now searching for the ultimate question. (Very inspired by/stolen from The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy by Douglas Adams.)

If any of you would be so kind as to give me some ideas for my dear gnomes story, I would be ever so grateful. Please do note that your input does not have to be as above. Completely new angles for his story are also very welcome.

Best Regards
Yirrare

References:
(1): Heroes of horror, p. 82
(2): Complete champion, p. 94