Author Topic: Missing posters :(  (Read 8438 times)

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
Missing posters :(
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »
After about half the time after the move from the old boards to here, I started noticing that a lot of posters seemed to be missing. I know that Gnorman is just busy with juggling school and work and that Akal Saris just got back to the optimization scene after a few years of absence. Jaronk is moderately active over on Gitp. Dictum Mortuum posted on his blog last month.   But what about people like Carnivore and  SolEiji and Lycanthromancer and Tshern and X-Codes and Caelic and many more who were extremely active on the old boards and when the new board was new? They haven't been active since last year! These guys are all great optimizers. Where did they go? Does anyone know? This has been gnawing at my mind for a while.

Please, call me Count :).

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Re: Missing posters :(
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
Hum, i don't know... I can safely say that i have spouts of inactivity on several different things that i participated over the years. Sometimes, you just get too many other things to focus, and after a while that thing you used to do everyday slowly fades more and more to the back of your head. I'm not too comfortable speculating too much... But i can safely say that Dictum has said that he doesn't have constant internet access. Sometimes he can, sometimes he can, and IIRC he was in some kind of military training? That's what i remember, though. I can't say i know anything about anyone else mentioned, though, sorry ;/
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
i miss them too  :bigeyes

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 12:19:53 AM »
Tshern is in one of my PbPs...  :bigeyes
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »
Tshern is in Europe and last I heard was traveling around a lot, sometimes between countries.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:32:57 AM »
People who go to Europe and don't cross country boundaries must not go to their backyards much. I mean, you're at spitting distance of god knows how many countries if you're anywhere in europe but Russia. And many don't count Russia as part of Europe...
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:13 PM »
People who go to Europe and don't cross country boundaries must not go to their backyards much. I mean, you're at spitting distance of god knows how many countries if you're anywhere in europe but Russia. And many don't count Russia as part of Europe...

By travelling I meant moving.   :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »

It's not that cramped. There's also language barriers, lack of incentive, and (depending where exactly you are) mountains. Or water. :<

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 12:59:58 PM »
i miss them too  :bigeyes

Tshern is in one of my PbPs...  :bigeyes

:( :hug

Tshern is in Europe and last I heard was traveling around a lot, sometimes between countries.

Where'd you hear this from?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »

Where'd you hear this from?

From Tshern just talking about himself but that was a long time ago.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »
A lot of people left a few months after the transition from the old BG boards.  There was a big fight about a bunch of stupid stuff, and several people involved ended up ragequitting.  I think that's when X-Codes left, and maybe a few others.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
A lot of people left a few months after the transition from the old BG boards.  There was a big fight about a bunch of stupid stuff, and several people involved ended up ragequitting.  I think that's when X-Codes left, and maybe a few others.

That would explain some of the more angry posters leaving at least. Do you have a link to the thread? 

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »

It's not that cramped. There's also language barriers, lack of incentive, and (depending where exactly you are) mountains. Or water. :<
+1 to that. There's a good reason why there's so many geographically small countries around here, the terrain is extremely uneven everywhere, resulting in a lot of natural barriers.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 03:38:50 PM »
I've always wanted to visit Europe and try the food.  SO many of the local restaurants suck...

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »
That would explain some of the more angry posters leaving at least. Do you have a link to the thread?

It wasn't a single thread, but lots of things happening simultaneously.  Reading BasketBurner's posting history might give some insight though.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
A decent sized segment of this board
went and tried 4e, and were very active
here, at BG, and at wotc 4e C.O.
Fizzling of interest in that happened,
and a chunk of posters drifted off.

I guess you gotta have new material
to keep the A-game interest going.

Shane ... come back Shane.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »

It wasn't a single thread, but lots of things happening simultaneously.  Reading BasketBurner's posting history might give some insight though.

Or X-codes post history.

JaronK posts in the "Fun Finds" thread once in a while, I know.

Dictum had been in his countries military, but I think he's back a bit more full-time now. He just posted in the Small Rants thread, and He's on forums for White Wolf games too.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »
X-Codes last post was in an OCC thread for a PHB game:

Apologies for this, but I'm going to have to cut my involvement in this game.  While the idea for this game is awesome, I'm, frankly, sick of this forum, and I really shouldn't be spending near as much time on here as I do, anyway.  I've basically got 3 jobs and college classes to attend to, now.

I'll still get e-mail alerts if you guys send PMs, so do that if you want to get in contact with me for some reason.  Until then, cya around.

So that resolves that mystery for him at least.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
Military training is over for me. I'm checking the forums regularly.

This thread reminds me: I need to contact Tempest Stormwind. We discussed the possibility of doing a series of guest-blogging articles, but we haven't talked for months (over e-mail). I hope he's ok.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »
Tempest has lots of recent activity at old wotc C.O.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/29802191/

... and he's cancer free now.
Your codpiece is a mimic.