Author Topic: Humanity Confuses Me.  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
Re: Humanity Confuses Me.
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2012, 08:28:28 PM »
They not only don't understand how science works, they're being wilfully obtuse just so they can have a scapegoat, so the government officials, the ones who were in charge of making all the decisions, can pass the blame and pretend they're not the ones responsible.  Welcome to politics.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
  • My personal text is impersonal.
    • View Profile
Re: Humanity Confuses Me.
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2012, 11:12:28 AM »
They not only don't understand how science works, they're being wilfully obtuse just so they can have a scapegoat, so the government officials, the ones who were in charge of making all the decisions, can pass the blame and pretend they're not the ones responsible.  Welcome to politics.
And it's even worse, they're not punished for giving false hope, they're punished for saying "we don't know"

Quote from: Article
The quake, which hit the town of L’Aquila in 2009, came after the geophysicists told city officials on a risk-assessment commission that they were unable to make a detailed prediction about whether ongoing tremors might indicate a coming disaster