Author Topic: Metagame Talk  (Read 4332 times)

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
Metagame Talk
« on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:09 AM »
For jokes, OOC quips, strategizing, and so forth. 

Remember folks, context is nice.  Linking the post you're responding to, especially if it's in another thread, helps with cohesion. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
Re: Metagame Talk
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:59:45 AM »
Unless someone objects, I've implicitly added Gror and Konrad to our game, if only on the "fringe." If one of them later wants to join the game again, we have a faster way of adding them back in now. We now know each other; they only have to explain where they've been in the intervening time. (Though if I'm honest I mainly did this because I didn't want to have to revise my character's background again.) For now, however, we can proceed as a 3 player party. I have brought the second replacement in, so hopefully we'll have a 4th player before too long. Fingers crossed.

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:45:45 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it too much.  There's caravans passing through Oleg's every few weeks, and who knows what kind of people you meet out in the wilderness?

Also, my intent was to keep it kind of vague as to exactly how many of you there were for the time being  ;)

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 03:44:52 AM »
So does that mean keep the post as it is for now? Or do you want me to change some things?

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
So does that mean keep the post as it is for now? Or do you want me to change some things?

Nah, keep it as us for now. We might have to retcon it if missing players show up soon, but we'll worry about that later.

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 12:23:03 AM »
Oleg doesn't have a well or nearby creek? I'm asking this question here because I'm assuming my character would already know the answer. I didn't get the impression we were in a dessert, but then again I'm not running the AP.

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 01:10:23 AM »
Oleg doesn't have a well or nearby creek? I'm asking this question here because I'm assuming my character would already know the answer. I didn't get the impression we were in a dessert, but then again I'm not running the AP.

We're on the boarder of a place called the River Kingdoms, so no, it's not really a desert :P
That being said, there's not a source of water terribly close.  Oleg and Svetlana have 2 barrels of drinking water in the storeroom right now, plus another barrel in the stables, but someone could go get more instead of sticking around to reinforce the walls. 

Be warned though, that the Levetons (That's Oleg and Svetlana's last name.  Not sure if that's been mentioned yet) won't be too keen on a plan that has a significant chance that their house will be set on fire. 

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 03:15:19 AM »
Well, you don't buy a rain jacket because you hope it will rain (at least sane people don't), but because you want to stay dry whether it rains or not.

Are you trying to say that Svetlana is just being polite now? If I keep insisting on the barricade plan will she eventually put down her foot and say she's not willing to take the risk?

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »
@Gazzien: I really don't know what you meant with your in-game posting. Can you elaborate before I post Cass' reply?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 10:13:31 PM »
@Gazzien: I really don't know what you meant with your in-game posting. Can you elaborate before I post Cass' reply?
Arellah is being deliberately vague. She's a bard (Charm Person + high CHA/diplomacy).

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 02:54:17 AM »
I think at this point we're waiting for the DM to inform us on the relative success of our actions, right?

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 02:57:16 AM »
I was hoping another player would turn up out of the blue and announce his actions, but alas  :(

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »
I was hoping another player would turn up out of the blue and announce his actions, but alas  :(
Crap, I thought I did. Arellah's basically just going to sleep, she has nothing special to do... and she wants to be rested sothat she can diplomacy and shtuff.

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »
I meant a 4th player :p

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
Hey guys, sorry it's been slow.  I had finals in school, then 4 people quit at work so it's been crazy.  School's done now though, and work should stabilize soon.  I promise I'll be more active, starting now.