Author Topic: General Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 211575 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:59 AM »
You're applying its properties to the already-upgraded weapon, rather than making it out of pure metal and then upgrading it. Nothing there that should stop it from, say, going on top of a buffed Main Weapon.

Offline Michael Lightning

• It's the end of the world..... What's for dinner?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
That's what I was wanting to clear up.
~And through it all, it ends with a single flash of lightning~

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:44 PM »
I think there's an increasing mecha storage problem with Battleships. Once you have non-Real Robots, size demands are liable to get bigger and bigger-huge Super Robots, Drones--but a Battleship is capped at 1 Colossal-sized mecha. The best solution other than 'nerf yourself' is currently 'leave mecha behind (I Am Invincible) and use Burning Justice' and 'devour drones, remake drones constantly, hope to not be attacked (Einst)'.

The main issue is that there's no facility for bringing other things along with the warp travel options and teleport at any point. (As a side note, there's no practical option for interplanetary travel thus presented, when the setting requires interstellar--12,000 miles for max teleport range is nothing)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:32:55 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »
I think there's an increasing mecha storage problem with Battleships. Once you have non-Real Robots, size demands are liable to get bigger and bigger-huge Super Robots, Drones--but a Battleship is capped at 1 Colossal-sized mecha. The best solution other than 'nerf yourself' is currently 'leave mecha behind (I Am Invincible) and use Burning Justice' and 'devour drones, remake drones constantly, hope to not be attacked (Einst)'.
Or you can go Ship Captain/Super Robot to further increase your battleship's size. The very multiclass rules for that are based on super humongous Macross after all. :p

The main issue is that there's no facility for bringing other things along with the warp travel options and teleport at any point. (As a side note, there's no practical option for interplanetary travel thus presented, when the setting requires interstellar--12,000 miles for max teleport range is nothing)
Good points, allowed for the basic option of warp speed to pimp your movement speed up to 10 000 times, which should cover interplanetary travel nicely enough, and then boosted the teleport to 5 000 000 000 000 mu per pilot level, which should cover interstellar travel, even if you still need to make multiple jumps. Sounds good, or did I royally screw the math again?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
Or you can go Ship Captain/Super Robot to further increase your battleship's size. The very multiclass rules for that are based on super humongous Macross after all. :p

I keep thinking about Gunbuster and the Exelion. Sure, it only had one Gunbuster, which fits neatly into the 'Colossal' bracket, but it had vast amounts of smaller stuff. :P

It also seems weird to require multiclassing to get the one size increase. It's not something that can really start being an issue until level 12 or so (when Super Robots can hit Gargantuan and take up half the space on their own, minimum), so perhaps Battleships could get their cap raised by one size? Fluffwise, ships being expanded to cope with bigger robots make sense. :lmao

Good points, allowed for the basic option of warp speed to pimp your movement speed up to 10 000 times, which should cover interplanetary travel nicely enough, and then boosted the teleport to 5 000 000 000 000 mu per pilot level, which should cover interstellar travel, even if you still need to make multiple jumps. Sounds good, or did I royally screw the math again?

2 weeks at lowish levels to get from Earth to Mars at their nearest? Hm, should fit. Not like this is hard science where we need to hit relativistic speeds.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:13:20 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
Did you take in account that the ship's speed scales up with ship captain level and you can equip speed-boosting acessories?

Anyway, added a feat for further size increases for ship captain, that also brings some extra arsenal space.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »
Correction, about a week at level 6 with no speed-boosting arsenal upgrades. I was working off of 30 MU.

So two months from Earth to the far side of its orbit to run into Mars. Not bad going, all things considered.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »

I keep thinking about Gunbuster and the Exelion. Sure, it only had one Gunbuster, which fits neatly into the 'Colossal' bracket, but it had vast amounts of smaller stuff. :P

I don't see where the problem was?
Cause just cause a Battleship got big enough to be able to finally store 1 Colossal Mecha doesn't mean it can't store anything else but that 1 Mecha?
Or am I misunderstanding something?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »

I don't see where the problem was?
Cause just cause a Battleship got big enough to be able to finally store 1 Colossal Mecha doesn't mean it can't store anything else but that 1 Mecha?
Or am I misunderstanding something?

It can store 1 mecha of its size category.

What the Exelion had is 1 colossal mecha*, and a whole ton of stuff. Fighters, things that would register as Diminutive or Tiny on an MU scale, etc (and in the sixth OVA, and even bigger ship was prepared).

*Two Gargantuan spaceships/combining mecha.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »

Plus a number of mecha of the next size category down.
Plus more stuff of the 3rd size down.
Plus even more stuff of the 4th size down.
And so on and so forth.

Which is where my confusion comes from on what you are saying.
Cause what I am reading is you saying "If I have a Colossal Ship, I can put 1 Colossal Mecha inside that ship, and nothing else."
Am I wrong?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2014, 09:13:05 PM »

Plus a number of mecha of the next size category down.
Plus more stuff of the 3rd size down.
Plus even more stuff of the 4th size down.
And so on and so forth.

Which is where my confusion comes from on what you are saying.
Cause what I am reading is you saying "If I have a Colossal Ship, I can put 1 Colossal Mecha inside that ship, and nothing else."
Am I wrong?

But that's the case.

A 'Colossal' ship has a 'Colossal' storage space.

Or space for two Gargantuan entities.

So if you have a Colossal ship and a Gargantuan Super Robot, you have space for two huge mecha, or four large, or eight medium, or 16 small; and so on. But you can't fit a Colossal, and you can't fit eight medium and a single large.

You basically have a space of 256.

Colossal = 256.
Gargantuan = 128
Huge = 64
Large = 32
Medium = 16
Small = 8
Tiny = 4
Diminutive = 2
Fine = 1

You can fit 128 human-sized mecha in your hangar, but a single colossal. Doesn't stack up with the available area, but D&D is concerned with area a thing takes to stand, not volume.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
Oh? I was pretty sure it was "And" and not "Or" when it came to the hanger space of a Ship.

At the least, I was absolutely certain this had come up in discussion before and it'd been declared as such........

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Mecha Transport: A battleship can load and carry one mecha of its own size, two mechas of one size category smaller, four mechas of two size categories smaller, and so on. Entering or exiting a battleship is a move action on the part of the mecha. The battleship can prevent  'aunfriendlies from entering.

I don't see any 'and' implied.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »
Mecha Transport: A battleship can load and carry one mecha of its own size, two mechas of one size category smaller, four mechas of two size categories smaller, and so on. Entering or exiting a battleship is a move action on the part of the mecha. The battleship can prevent  'aunfriendlies from entering.

Bolded it.
Commas are also not "or" in meaning or use. The use of them in that sentence has them being used to separate a list, not define a set of choices.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »

Bolded it.
Commas are also not "or" in meaning or use. The use of them in that sentence has them being used to separate a list, not define a set of choices.

'eight mecha of three sizes smaller, sixteen of four sizes smaller, thirty-two of five sizes smaller sixty-four of six sizes smaller, one hundred and twenty eight of seven sizes smaller, and two hundred and fifty six of eight sizes smaller'.

Given that I don't believe Os is a native English speaker, I've assumed it's an oversight lacking an 'Or'.

Rather than 'a colossal battleship can contain only one colossal mecha, but it can fit the equivalent of seven more, if they're of smaller sizes'.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
I could just be cheesy and say that Colossal stuff can, within the rules, squeeze into a space one size smaller than them and thus you can now have 2 colossal mechas on 1 colossal ship :p

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »
So, I see my slight remark in the game interest thread has done this...... but eh. I have a bit of a cross-question with Pure Crafting. It says that while using the items, you can't use SLA/Spells, etc. or triggered items like wands and the like. Does that mean that passive magic items (like the stat boost items) still work?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »
Yup. Unless you take Purity (the Saint option), magic still affects you.

You can't activate it, but you ain't immune.

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:05 PM »
Yup. Unless you take Purity (the Saint option), magic still affects you.

You can't activate it, but you ain't immune.
Good. I wanted to grab some magic items that will scale into my mech.

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
If the mech is sentient and uses my stats, does that mean that my CON bonus would give it extra HP?