Author Topic: Chapter 1: Attrition  (Read 30993 times)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Attrition
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2013, 04:54:27 PM »
"I am agreed, we can be off.
Once all forces are available.
"

My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »
"I, Mentak, THE MAGNIFICENT must retrieve my hordes from their hiding place! I will then be prepared."
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »
Yuuko decided to wrap the medallion around her hand. She tried to think through it:
"Sorry."
She nodded towards the emperor.
"Oh how silly of me, well in that case I'm good to go."
She tries to be still, but soon changing her expression to that of discomfort, as her stomach seems to be producing rumbling sounds. She turns towards chef with begging eyes and asks:
" Umm how about a feast before we go and while we wait for the forces to arrive?"

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
Mauthe chuckles at Yuuko's use of the medallion.
(click to show/hide)

Mauthe moves to Klaus and jumps back up onto his shoulders.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2013, 03:10:45 AM »
Chef thinks to Mauthe, "I agree.  What shall I do in the meantime?"

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2013, 04:58:47 AM »
Thoughts of a pogo stick assemble near Mauthe, jumping up and down and suddenly surging up into the sky in a neat pattern of a half-circle:
(click to show/hide)
Yuuko sits down taking out supplies needed for a good cup of tea and starts preparing it, she smiles and waves towards Mauthe:
"Have a nice trip Mauthe and Klaus!"

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »
((Going to move this along a little bit, I hope no one minds.))

After a moment's consultation with one of his attendants, Singorn gives Klaus, Mauthe, and Mentak each a small tile of brittle terracotta.  "If you will break this once your… 'things' are collected, you will be transported to join your new companions in the South.."

Once those three depart, the God-king steps out to make preparations.  Servants bring a selection of refreshments, and see to the disposition of Natsumi's box.

After some time, Singorn returns, holding a fluted wooden rod inlaid with platinum and sapphires.  He steps to the side of the room and gestures with the rod in a wide oval, and a shimmering disk of grey and silver melts into the air, suddenly becoming transparent.

On the other side is a meadow of soft grass, dotted with small white flowers.  In the distance is a cluster of tents, pitched around and over a low hill, flying the flag of the God-king's armies.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:43:41 AM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
For his part, Yan merely gazes towards his newfound companions, then starts towards the portal.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
The goddess couldn't prevent herself from scowling at the servants going over the casket. They didn't seem to be any threat to either its integrity or the lock's... but that was no reason to take chances. The instant that the portal was opened, she hefted the awkwardly-sized, but magically lightened, construction in her arms and started towards the portal, stopping just on its threshold in order to get one last message back to Singorn:

(click to show/hide)

Then the goddess took another step forwards, casket leading the way. Hopefully, the army over the hill wouldn't try and kill the terrifying group on sight... the crab would definitely cause alarm.

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »
Yuuko runs towards the portal after Natsumi, once on the other side, she turns around waving towards the Emperor. She then rises from the ground and flies towards the tents searching for the biggest one and ends up entering it in her usual clumsy fasion.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2013, 10:25:13 PM »
Elgin drops his cloak of shadow for the time being. He holds the medallion given by the god-king in his hand and runs after the monster-girl (Yuuko). Trying to keep up with her, and ready to show the medallion to those who might have issues with the members of this group.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 05:51:05 AM »
Chef samples the God-King's fare.  He is slightly impressed at the craftsmanship, and tries to determine if he can determine who prepared the food based on the style and ingredients of what he was served.

Chef examines those who went through the portal to determine if it actually is a portal.  If so, he follows, his skewer in hand.

(OOC: Does Natsumi's casket appear to be a coffin or have any burial markings?  If so, Chef will start asking about ghosts.)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2013, 10:14:02 PM »
Taking the bit of pottery with a telekinetic hand and stuffing it in the skeleton's pouch, Mentak ordered his minion out. The curaiss rose, and the skeleton donned a helmet as Mentak lowered himself into the chestplate. A quiet, probably accidental, telepathic transmission went out.

"I need to get a big swishy cape for dramatic exits..."

And with that, they were gone.

Offline Zionpopsickle

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lurking
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »
Klick-Klack reached a giant pincer out and deftly picked up one of the talismans.  In an instant it transformed into an oversized correctly crab sized pipe.  Putting it to his mouth he took a few puffs and tested its function.

(click to show/hide)

With that Klick-Klack did the crab dance of great joy:

Full turn clockwise, Full turn counterclockwise, shuffle-step, Shuffle-step, Jazz Claws!

and proceeded onward.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »
((To keep everyone together, I'm going to play around with how long it takes people to collect their minions.  Nobody ask any questions about this, please... :D))

As the group approaches the hilltop, there are a number of *bamf* sounds and the departed members return with their... baggage.

You have clearly been spotted, as a number of soldiers begin to form up at your approach.  A big-lunged sergeant barks out, "Halt! Identify yourselves!"
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »
"Princess Natsumi of Herx, here on the behalf of the God-King. As is everyone else, for all we look like an attacking force," the goddess said, taking the lead and moving herself slightly ahead of the rest of the group, with the casket balanced carefully under one arm, "Now, could you possibly take us to your superior or, preferably, straight to the top, or them to us? I'm sure they would be most displeased to learn assistance has been delayed."

The pleasant smile was a bit strange after the barely-veiled threat.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:52:17 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2013, 11:54:40 AM »
"I'm sure your word carries a lot of weight back home, Princess, but the God-King did hand us THESE for a reason."

Yan shows the amulet they were gifted, which, as he recalls, also serves as a badge of authority.

"We have business with General Dryon, and we're supposed to be expected." The monk spoke matter-of-factly, hardly displaying any contempt towards the distrust presented by the guards.

After all, they were just doing their jobs.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
Chef looks around, quietly surveying the impending battleground.  He shows his medallion, has his skewer at his side, and is otherwise dressed as a battle chef.  He says, "I am with this cadre, assigned by the God-King.  Please take us to General Dryon."

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
"You dare accost I, MENTAK, THE MAGNIFICENT?! ...Although, yes, we are here on the god-king's business." Mentak said, commanding the skeleton in his armor to hold up the amulet as he sat in the leather seat in the tyrannosaur's jaw.

"Though I fully intend to make some new friends for my legion on this little excursion."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:31:11 PM by Clanjos »

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »
Mauthe lets his medallion slip so it's visible before disappearing from Klaus' shoulder.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.