Author Topic: Intermission(beatrice): Eternal Flower Vignette from the South  (Read 14912 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Period, unfortunately, not only left no trail, but also quickly spiraled around in front of and behind you.  You aren't sure whether she went forwards or backwards or is somewhere far off the path right now.  You aren't particularly worried, you know that she has her Unown with her and you have your loyal pokemon as well.  Regardless, you have several options in front of you.

On a sleepy path
With flying flowers above
Musharna River
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Intermission(beatrice): Eternal Flower Vignette from the South
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:42:26 PM »
I hesitate.  Period probably wouldn't have gone back without telling me, and she probably wouldn't have gone on without telling me, either.  She must be off the path, then.

I strike out in a random, non-path direction.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »
You feel fairly confident in your intuition as you turn around and begin trecking off the bath If you were to look at it like the face of the clock with the path south being 6 o'clock, you are heading towards 1 o'clock.

you walk through the bushes for a while  The sound of pokemon still surrounds you.  Your pokedex helpfully informs you that the pokemon floating above are Jumpluff, "A floating plant pokemon, many times it is fully at the will of a strong wind, this pokemon lives a very calm and peaceful life.

While navigating the underbrush, you come across a small nest of pidgey.  They look up at you curiously and chirp happily.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
I reach out to the Pidgey to see if any of them are friendly.

Restrain: 1d100-30 : 86 - 30, total 56
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »
Restrain: 1d100-30 : 99 - 30, total 69

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »
Restrain: 1d100-30 : 71 - 30, total 41

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »
I frown at myself, then try again to make friends with the Pidgey.

Restrain: 1d100-30 : 45 - 30, total 15

Restrain: 1d100-30 : 10 - 30, total -20

Restrain: 1d100-30 : 41 - 30, total 11

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
I befriend each Pidgey in turn.

(click to show/hide)

"Okay!  Can you guys help me find my friend?  She wandered off somewhere, and I don't know where she is!  She's smaller than me, and she travels with some Unown.  If it's not too much trouble, of course!"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
One of the pidgies looks like it would rather be eating udon, but they happily agree and scatter to the three winds.
Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »
Time passes peacefully.
Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »
A pidgey returns and looks at you meaningfully, beginning to lead you back the way you came through the underbrush
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »
I thank the Pidgey and follow it.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
it takes you a few minutes, but you get back through the underbrush and start following the path for a bit.  You hear drums in the distance and wonder if there is a festival in this town.  You have vague memories that it's about that time of year when there are a lot of festivals.  You get to the city area and find that, indeed, they are celebrating a Wind Festival, banners, pinwheels, and magikarp kites soar all around.  A harried man is running around saying "Has anyone seen the Jumpluff Acrobats?!", a few people are milling around, but one thing that strikes you as interesting is that this must be one of those festivals where you wear masks. Many people have them, either wearing them correctly, or on the side of their head like some sort of crazy person that doesn't know where their face is. 

The pidgey looks at you meaningfully, as if it is conveying an emotion of completion.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 06:58:29 PM »
I offer the Pidgey a Pecha Berry and pet it on the head.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 07:01:10 PM »
it happily accepts the berry and coos.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 07:16:43 PM »
"Go back to your family, little one.  Thanks for helping me out!"

(click to show/hide)

Giving the Pidgey one final pat, I turn to my trail of Pokémon.  "Okay, everyone!  We're going to be among people again, so be on your best behavior!"

Victini hovers over to me and slips under my beret, snuggling happily against my head.

Turning back, I head into the town.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »
You find out immediately that there are a ton of shops here, goods, food stands, all sorts of stuff.  One young looking reasonably attractive purple haired man urges you to play a fair game.  It looks like you can win pokemon dolls if you knock over some milk bottles.

Another stall features a long pink haired woman selling cabbage pancakes like hotcakes and roasted noodles are flying off her shelves!

Your eyes must be playing tricks on you, but it also looks like a cat pokemon is running a stand where you can catch goldeen using paper nets.

There sure is a lot going on here!  Lots of fun to be had.  You're sure you'll find period eventually, even if you decide to have a little fun before you meet up...
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »
First thing's first.  I track down the harried man looking for the Jumpluff Acrobats and point him back the way I came.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 07:32:42 PM »
He thanks you and runs away.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »
That task complete, I look around the fair for anything fluffy or Ponyta-shaped, keeping an eye open for small, Period-shaped objects.