Author Topic: Intermission(beatrice): Eternal Flower Vignette from the South  (Read 14915 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Intermission(beatrice): Eternal Flower Vignette from the South
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 01:50:30 AM »
"Hohohohoho~  A blossoming flower of youth determined to prove her worth.  I was once one of those youths~.  Unfortunately, you must wait, only one person may enter the house at a time.  I think she should be finished though, right... a-"  His prediction is interrupted by the doors creaking open.

"Oh darn, I was too late~."  He looks genuinely sad that he didn't time it correctly. 

"So, my dear, Dare you enter?  the cost is 100 yencoins.  I will notify you that you will need to contain your pokemon before you enter.  Do your best not to call them out, no matter how terrifying things may get.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
I hesitate.  If only one can enter, and Period has already left...

...on the other hand, to back out now would make him think I was afraid...

I give him the yencons and recall my Pokémon.  Victini, of course, doesn't have a Pokéball, and so simply remains in my beret.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
"Hohohohohohoho~  Have fun inside lass~"  He waves his hands to motion you to the open door.  It doesn't seem...  TOO scary from the outside...  The doors seem to invite you in as the man places the 100 yencoin coin into a collection box.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
I walk inside.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »
The doors slam behind you and the walls on both sides illuminate with purple lights from... Candles?  No... those look like... pokemon...  but none that you have ever seen before.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
I attempt to Pokédex the candles.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2013, 07:05:49 PM »
Your pokedex scans and then a notice pops up.  "No pokemon detected." It announces.  You see one of the candles giggle and wink out.

you hear the grinding of gears and a huge loud thump come from the far end of the hall.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
I investigate the far end of the hall.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
When you reach the midway point of the hallway, you hear a loud thump, as if someone dropped a large load onto the wooden floor you are standing on.  Every candle in the hall goes out with a rush of air and you hear a soft giggle.  An orange light appears at the end of the hall, flickering dimly.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
I continue towards the far side of the hall.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »
As you approach the end of the hall, the light begins to move, you hasten to get to the door, but by the time you get there, the light appears to have walked down the hall more.  You look around and the walls...  seem off.  You're not quite sure what's going on around here... this place is pretty creepy, but that light is still there at the end of the hallway.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
I continue on through the house.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »
you begin to hear laughing sounds coming from all around you.  It's almost like what it would sound like to be surrounded by friends at a slumber party, or at least, that's what you assume it sounds like.  The area is getting a little warmer, you figure.  There's...  just a small scratching at the back of your mind, like something you are forgetting.  Victini shuffles uncomfortably under your beret.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »
I slide my hand under my beret.  This, if nothing else, is worrying: Victini can't see the surroundings.  Meaning it must be reacting to something...else.

I frown.  I know Victini has some sort of psychic senses.  That's...worrying.

"Okay," I whisper, "Why don't you take a peek?"

I lift my beret slightly so that Victini can see out.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
Victini pokes its head out, his eyes scan the area.  the giggling dissipates, but the orange light continues to walk away from you  and starts to ascend a staircase.  You hear a door open far down back towards the entrance.  You also hear shuffling in the walls. 
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »
I lower my beret again, then turn back towards the entrance.  The door would imply that more than one person is in here, but the doorman said only one person was allowed inside at a time.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2013, 09:24:34 PM »
You stand in place, wondering what could have opened the door behind you.  The shuffling around you sounds almost impatient as the small orange light increases in intensity.  It calls your attention back to it and you can see the source.  It...  It looks like one of those candles that you tried to pokedex earlier, but its flame is orange...
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:04 PM »
I ignore the light for now and go to investigate the entrance.  Maybe Period came back for me?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
You turn to examine the entrance, you walk the few feet between you and the entry to this hall.  The laughing stops.  You feel yourself moving sluggishly, you keep walking towards the door, but it is like walking through water, you can feel a resistance. 

It feels colder over here.  Much colder.  You look back into the hallway and see nothing.  The orange light glows warmly and invitingly from the staircase.  You hear soft music.  Victini seems to be responding to it as well.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:38:00 PM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
I continue towards the door, looking around to see if there's anyone else around.