Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life  (Read 180174 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life
« on: August 26, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »
*exhales*

So I had my first possum sighting tonight. I shall name him Bill, and his brief reign will be both glorious and profane.

Racism Gurl asks what I know about what happened this week. I assume she wants drama so I tell her nothing (which is true).

She and 2nd shift guy want new would-be shifty fired, so there's a fucking meltdown when he gets there a minute late.

Learn he was tattled on for having diabetic girl in post after she was fired. Surprise! Boss doesn't give a damn apparently. She actually drops by for 6 hours to chat with Shifty after getting into bare knuckle brawl with some guy and apparently kicking his ass (she weighs 85 pounds). So I'm the only one doing rounds since they are now an item despite him having gf, and the new kid having a thing for her.

Did I mention the new kid? He's checking the women's restrooms while on patrol and thinks nothing will come of it. The only thing he has going for him is that he's quite pretty. He'll make some woman a very frustrated wife one day until she decides "No...my potential future babies cannot have this level of stupid. I will not do that to them."

Boss has been scarce or obviously down. Rumour has it the lady who is our client liaison got into profanity laced knucklefest with her boss and both are suspended, maybe fired. Not sure what that means for us, could be bad.

Oh an I forgot: the guy who threatened suicide? Not fired. Caught him trying to seduce a girl in the cafe. As in "Hey baby, wassup, you look fine."

He didn't realize I was behind him the entire time pointing and shaking my head.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:02:34 PM by Stratovarius »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »
Your job is insane.

Offline RedWarlock

• Crimson-colored caster of calamity
    • View Profile
    • Red Blade Studios
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »
Started my new job last night. Whooo!

Except not. It's graveyard shift hotel security, which is more janitorial than security. I'm not really built for it, there's way too much walking for my prosthetic-legged low-endurance used-to-do-graphic-design regretting-this-job but-sick-of-corporate-bullshit ass.

Also, I'm having to work 11pm-7am for the next 4 days straight. It's a huge adjustment, and I was dozing off and on for the last 2 hours.
WarCraft post-d20: A new take on the World of WarCraft for tabletop. I need your eyes and comments!

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
Woke up feeling like complete and utter shit... Lost and without any will whatsoever to continue living. I have my suspicions about why this is, but i can't pinpoint it.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:09:57 AM »
Bhu, you seriously need to chronicle that shit and release your own sitcom.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »

+1
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »

If we still had an upvote button, I would upvote.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »

Our liaison with the client was confirmed fired today, so we now have no idea who our emergency contact is. Client also fired a supervisor because he sent a picture of his balls superimposed over the solar eclipse to his gf. Unfortunately, he sent it from his work phone so everyone on his work list somehow got it...

And some fool discharged a sodium based ABC fire extinguisher fucking every where and the supervisors were all in a tizzy trying to get me to find out the safe way to clean it. Turns out the proper answer is 'a broom'.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »
Um, yeah. You'd think that if it's meant to be used in an emergency where people are supposed to have trouble breathing, it's probably safe to expose people to whatever is being discharged.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

Our liaison with the client was confirmed fired today, so we now have no idea who our emergency contact is. Client also fired a supervisor because he sent a picture of his balls superimposed over the solar eclipse to his gf. Unfortunately, he sent it from his work phone so everyone on his work list somehow got it...

And some fool discharged a sodium based ABC fire extinguisher fucking every where and the supervisors were all in a tizzy trying to get me to find out the safe way to clean it. Turns out the proper answer is 'a broom'.

You got paid to do that research right?
Sounds like a game of :   Which one of these  :blush :cool :blush is not like the others.

Also hugs for Nytemare  :hug from the previous rant thread.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
Last night got told by the other guards "The boss likes us, we don't need to do shit."

An anonymous phone call told the client that 2 guards were yucking it up in the guard shack with a 19 year old girl who was a former guard.  They got caught by client employee.  Boss came in this morning with woman we'd never seen before.  Un sure if this is bad or not

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 10:00:16 AM »
I'd say as long as your ass is not on the line...

Give me internets. Now.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »
Good news: I was on vacation! It was mostly fun!

Bad news:
1. On Saturday, got caught in a deluge. Was wading through ankle-deep water... literally had to take my shoes off and dump them out... they're still wet, so I had to wear a beat-up pair of old shoes to work today.

2. On Sunday, hit myself in the face with a car door. Have a cut on my cheek (the swelling/bruising is minimal so I don't look TOO much like I got in a fight), and scratched my glasses. Awesome. I was pissed, and said "at this rate I should buy a lottery ticket." At my wife's urging, bought a $1 scratch-off. We won $3. Fuck you too, luck gods.

3. Was originally scheduled to take a work trip to Johnson Space Center (in Houston) next week. I'm very lucky that I forgot to buy my tickets before I went on vacation, but I still can't figure anything out because the airports are closed and nobody has any idea what the shift schedule is going to be like even a few days from now. And the kids start school next week, and my wife has rehearsals for a show starting up, and we can't plan anything because of Harveycane.

4. I'm back at work after vacation and my focus is shit. Sigh.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 01:53:22 PM »
That does not sound like a good vacation!

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 02:08:04 PM »
Hahaha well considering it started more than a week ago, the beginning parts were pretty great. It was on Saturday that the situation started to go downhill.

EDIT: I will grant you that it wasn't a very relaxing vacation. We took 2 small children to Disney...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:10:16 PM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 05:28:13 PM »
Hahaha well considering it started more than a week ago, the beginning parts were pretty great. It was on Saturday that the situation started to go downhill.

EDIT: I will grant you that it wasn't a very relaxing vacation. We took 2 small children to Disney...

That sound pretty stressful actually.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 11:26:32 PM »
May be on my way out. What I did via the anonymous call was not entirely untraceable as I had to ask someone to give me that guys number. Had my 'counseling' over the workplace injury upgraded to a full write- up. Turns out the liaison has not been fired, and I was written up again for participating in gossip because I tried to find out who we call in her place in case of emergency. One more and Im out. Had to fill out witness statement on the origin of the rumor (which for the post was another guard). I then informed him of my wish to change shifts, and he asked why. Told him there were too many shenanigans on third shift and I wanted out before I got anymore caught up in them. He got an "oh shit" expression on his face and told me to sit back down. So I told him everything. And I mean everything. Some of it he seemed genuinely shocked about, and some of it I'm pretty sure he's bullshitting about not knowing (the anonymous call for example). He took copious notes, and informed HR who has supposedly had a hissy fit. I am told he has a meeting with her tomorrow, and I will be asked to fill out more statements. I worry that he may have thrown me under the bus. This morning he was shocked and needed a cigarette and dreading this call. When I called back this afternoon, he was smarmy and flattering.

How does this sound for a statement:

RE: Multiple violations of company policy

On 8/29/2017, I, Officer x, attest the following to be true:

Both Officer D and Officer B have committed multiple infractions, which I have been told to keep my mouth shut about, because they had the tacit approval of my Shift or Site Supervisor. It is for that reason that it has taken me this long to come forward, because if they truly did have the okay of management, then my job and/or safety would be in jeopardy. But their violations have now become so common and numerous that it puts the company's contract at risk, and the stress it is causing me is no longer manageable. Particularly since their violations are becoming visible to the clients employees.

On 4/20/2017 the guard Shack was approached by a young girl who was a S-- employee towards the end of shift.. She claimed she had gotten sick and had permission to leave early, but her ride home could only be contacted via Facebook. Officer D said she could stay in the guard shack until she could contact her ride. At the time I told him this was not a wise idea, and it could lead to disciplinary action, but was told he had former Officer P's okay. Officer P was the Shift Supervisor at that time. She was in the post several hours until end of shift, when Officer D told her to hide in his car. Officer D made multiple attempts to flirt with her, and has stated on numerous occasions that he has done so with various client employees over the months because “he needs to get laid.” I was then told, as I had been previously told by Officer D, that “snitches get stitches” and that “payback was mandatory.” He said that the first night I worked with him, along with some veiled threats when Officer P asked me how he was coming along, and I gave my honest assessment that he needed to stop interrupting the clients employees at work to flirt with them.

On 06/16/2017 I returned from rounds to find a woman in the post with Officer D again. He claimed she was his new girlfriend, and that she was a local Donato's manager. I asked if she was there to deliver food. He said that's the reason he'd be giving if they were caught, but not to worry because he had Officer P's approval “so long as you don't do it in front of anyone who will tell R.” He also stated this was not the only woman he had invited to post. At best guess she was there from roughly 11:30 PM to 12:30 am. I can only guess as she was present when I arrived back from doing rounds, and was still there when I left for rounds again (she was gone when I had returned a second time).

A month or so later Officer D had a new girlfriend which he also had on post. He has always done ALP rounds without the necessary hat and safety glasses, so he could wear a headset plugged into his phone to talk with said girlfriend, who believes he was cheating on her with a current or former guard. At times they have talked on the phone for the majority of his shift. Once again, he stated he had Officer P's permission to do so, and Officer P's behavior had altered so much by this point I actually believed him.

When Officer L took a position at post, Officer D attempted to have a relationship with her, and she had stated to me Officer B did as well. Eventually she chose Officer D, and has spent the evening in post with him multiple times, sometimes for as much as 6 hours. Even after being terminated from the company. Officers L, B and D have all three stated to me an incident in which they were having a three way conversation via phone while Officer D was on ALP. At some point Officer D did not realize a member of the clients HR staff was near when he uttered the phrase “Just tell her to lick his balls, and he'll quit fuckin' whining.” This was stated to me on 08/11/2017 as having happened earlier in the month. He was admonished by the clients employee, which is the third time he has been approached by a client employee. The other two times Officer D stated to me were a different client employee who warned him of walking through the factory with his headphones on because it was a safety violation. This was stated to me on 08/19/2017, and I was told the client employee was a team lead, as Officer D looked him up with the associate information database to try to find information on him. Officer D stated the employee was his “enemy.”

Before this time Officer D had stated that his behavior was approved by Officer E, or at least Officer E was willing to turn a blind eye as long as Officer D didn't do anything putting the contract at risk. There was a rumor first stated to me by Officer R that Officer D was in line to be promoted to a 3rd Shift Lead, while Officer H was to become 1st Shift Lead. When she directly asked Officer D he 'confirmed' these rumors, and has been using this as a means of gaining silence over his actions, or to pressure people. He has also stated that Officer E hates being called at night on 3rd shift, and that we could instead call him for advice because he would be in charge of 3rd shift soon.

Recently Officer D has been working a great deal of overtime, and has stated on numerous occasions (particularly within the past two weeks) that he wasn't “doing anything he didn't have to” that evening, and has falsified his log sheet numerous times to reflect rounds he has not done (he has been joined in this behavior by Officer B). The last two evenings I have worked with Officer D he has fallen asleep in his chair briefly, and he stated overtime and lack of sleep was the cause. The only rounds you can actually verify as being done are the ones in which he has scanned the dot tags. If either he or Officer B did not scan the dot tags in that round, there is a possibility that round was not done. And since we only have one phone capable of scanning the dots for 3 people, and that phone must be charged the first hour of shift, there are many rounds where scanning does not take place.

On 08/25/2017 (or 26, by now the violations have become so common I have given up cataloguing them) Officer D was a minute late, which Officer De and Officer R pounced on. At this time I learned there was some sort of enmity between Officers Delaney and D as Officer De felt he was being harassed. That evening Officer D threatened to “put P through a wall or knock him the fuck out if he doesn't learn to keep his fucking mouth shut”. Officer D has since repeated these threats twice more, with Officer B agreeing because Officer De “shouldn't have snitched”. On or around this same night, former Officer L made another appearance on post stating she couldn't go home to face her mother, because she had just assaulted a local resident in self defense (she stated he struck her first), and that she had lied to the police when they arrived. She was in the post for 6 hours, and it became clear that she and Officer D were more than friends. It was at his time she stated to me she had chosen Officer D over Officer B, because Officer B had been scanning the women's rest rooms in violation of policy. She also stated that he had told her he was not only scanning the women's rest rooms, but stepping inside them to see if he could see a female employee in a state of undress. I did log onto Guard Tek on one occasion, and did notice he had scanned the female restrooms but cannot verify that he has actually set foot in one. I am not sure if I can trust former Officer Ls word, as she openly admitted lying to the police about the physical altercation she had just been in. I have sometimes had to push Officer B to do rounds initially when he was starting, as he did not want to leave the guard shack or stop texting on his phone. He does them without prodding now, but with Officer D's influence has begun falsifying his log sheets.

On 8/27/2017 former Officer L returned to post, and she and Officers D and B were chatting in post. Upon returning from Perimeter/Traffic Control I learned that a client employee had surprised them in the guard shack. They said he had stated his boss had received an anonymous call about some inappropriate behavior around the gate, and he had been sent to verify. He took Officer D's and Officer B's names, as well as the name of who they reported to (it was unsaid if they had actually told him they reported to Officer E or not). Former Officer L was told to leave the post, and the Officers were informed they would be getting watched by the client employee (“I'll be here all week.”). I then learned former Officer L had spent some part of second shift with Officer D as well (he was working a double shift). Officers D and B then spent most of the evening and part of the next evenings shift attempting to find the clients employee in the associate information database, or inside the factory, so that they could find out what they could about him, and determine which team lead or coordinator got the anonymous call. Officer D once again stated a need for retaliation. I pretended to play along with them to avoid said retaliation on my own person until I could decide what to do about this. They claimed to be texting with Officer H about this incident, and they claimed she stated that Officer E knew about this. While they were on phone texting someone, I cannot verify they were talking to Officer H, and when I revealed to Officer E what had happened, it became obvious he knew nothing of this, nor had he given them permission for anything.

I am coming forward because I no longer feel safe on post with Officers B and D. Particularly since Officer B drew a knife from his pocket on 08/28/2017 to open a can of Monster energy drink. I told Officer B we were not allowed weapons on post, and he stated he had used it in front of Officer E before, and had his tacit permission so long as he “wasn't stupid enough to use it in front of anyone who would snitch.” This was a red flag for me, because I know Officer E would not be foolish enough to allow weapons on post. The violations of policy are becoming to numerous to keep track of accurately, and are now actively beginning to interfere with my ability to get rounds done. Officer D has spread a culture of misinformation to Officer B and former Officer L, and it is my belief they will continue to promote and enforce this culture with new employees.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 12:27:46 AM »
That sounds like a pretty comprehensive statement!

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Also pretty compelling in a lawsuit in case they do lay you off for it.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 12:05:27 AM »
My brain is more or less on shutdown mode right now... Studied for about 10 hours straight today, and probably around 24 hours over the past 3 days. Quite literally i can't cram any more information inside my head. I have a very difficult test tomorrow (More like in 8 hours from right now). There's likely going to be an update rant after the test. I know i studied everything but MOST LIKELY i won't remember something or other and my grade's gonna suffer...

I'll only know for sure when the professor grades the exam, but tomorrow i'll probably have a good idea after discussing with colleagues. Let's hope for the best but i'm not that hopeful....