Author Topic: Ritual Races  (Read 3080 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Ritual Races
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »
Hemopyrrhic Dwarf
A hemopyrrhic dwarf is identical to standard dwarves, except for the following differences:
  • +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Dex, -2 Cha.  These racial adjustments replace the standard dwarf's adjustments.
  • Bloodfire (Su): Anything that damages a hemopyrrhic dwarf via a melee attack from a natural or non-reach weapon takes 1d4 damage.  This is pure arcane energy and is not subject to damage reduction, or energy resistance or immunity; however, any creature damaged by the bloodfire can make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier) for half damage.  A hemopyrrhic dwarf who takes levels in Bloodfire Seeker instead counts as two levels higher for the purpose of determining bloodfire damage dice, damage die size, and save DC.
  • No stonecunning, racial attack bonus vs goblinoids, or dodge bonus vs giants
  • Favored Class: Bloodfire Seeker

The origins of Hemopyrrhic Dwarves are unknown. Some Dwarven legends say that they are born of Dwarves who tunneled too deep and were burned alive by magma, yet survived. Others say they are the result of a union between a Dwarf and a Fire Elemental. One more famous creation myth says that the Hemopyrrhic Dwarves were created when Moradin smelted the bodies of the first Dwarves out of the pure magma of the elemental planes. The demon lord Jubilex, lord of ooze and slime, was angered that Moradin would force shape on this wondrous, burning, oozing substance. To spite Moradin, Jubilex tainted the molten earth in one of Moradin's forges with its own ichor. Thereafter, the Dwarves borne of that forge would forever feel the spite of Jubilex burn in their veins for as long as they would live in solid form.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:12:26 PM by FireInTheSky »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Ritual Races
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
Rite-born
Rite-born have normal human parents; however, from birth their bodies are charged with ritual magic.
  • +2 Int, -2 Wis.  Rite-born are very intelligent, but are extremely focused and not as aware of their surroundings as normal humans.
  • Medium humanoid (human)
  • Base speed 30 feet
  • Charged Blood (Ex): As long as a rite-born has at least one ritual charged, they gain damage reduction 1/--.  This damage reduction does not stack with other sources of damage reduction.
  • +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft checks.  Rite-born have a natural aptitude for understanding magic.
  • Automatic Language: Common.  Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
  • Favored Class: Ritualist
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:11:57 PM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
Witchkin
Witchkin are the children of Witchbloods who have not fully turned.  They have dusky skin, dark eyes, and fine, lustrous hair.
  • +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con, -2 Wis
  • Medium humanoid (human)
  • Base speed 30 feet
  • Low-light vision: A witchkin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
  • +2 racial bonus to Bluff and Intimidate checks
  • Dark whispers (Su): 1/day, a witchkin can whisper subversive messages to a target within 30 feet whose HD are no greater than theirs.  This functions as the command spell, except that it is not subject to spell resistance; the save DC is 11 + the witchkin's Cha modifier.
  • Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal or Abyssal.  Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Elven, Infernal, Undercommon.
  • Favored Class: Witchblood
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:06:38 PM by sirpercival »

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 01:06:58 AM »
For Hemopyrrhic Dwarf, does the bloodfire stackage count for die size as well, or just for number of dice?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:15 AM »
For Hemopyrrhic Dwarf, does the bloodfire stackage count for die size as well, or just for number of dice?
Size as well.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Honorary Mod
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »
Size as well.
Cool. I edited it in.