Author Topic: Ch. 1: The Road to Riches  (Read 56876 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Ch. 1: The Road to Riches
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 12:08:22 AM »
Period: Like what?  Like what?

Period appears to be enjoying herself.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »
The nurse comes into the room.  "Arceus help me, Rilly, you aren't spreading your rumors and lies again are you?  I'm sorry, my sister reads the missingno post FAR too literally.  It's as if she doesn't expect it to be full of crackpot theories."

"Hey, At least I keep my finger on the pulse of important news!  I saw this coming a mile away!"

"C'mon Rilly, you can't honestly think this was a setup.  It was just a rogue Electrode"

"Quilly, Mark my words.  This is the start of something BIG."

"I'm sorry you two, I hope my sister hasn't filled your brains with too many lies.  Your Unown is healed up to full."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
Period: Aww~  It was really interesting~
Period: Thank you for healing Theodore... Quilly?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:56 AM »
"Do...do all your names end in 'illy'?"  My mouth twitches.  "That's...that's pretty silly."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »
Period: Huh?  All of whose names?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2013, 12:26:41 AM »
"See?  At least SOMEbody appreciates my knowledge."

At Beatrice's comment, Rilly's mouth twitches in a brief smile, Quilly sighs tiredly. 

"Yes,"  Quilly says, "All of us have that naming convention.  We're all cousins and our parents thought it would be pretty great to have us all be similar.

At Period's comment, Rilly speaks "You must not have been to many pokemon centers if you don't see the family resemblance."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »
Period: But your hair is black, isn't it?

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2013, 12:29:43 AM »
I count quickly on my fingers.  At least seventeen.  "That's a lot of cousins," I accidentally blurt out.  I immediately squeak and cover my mouth, blushing.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2013, 12:31:26 AM »
R"I have authority issues"

Qu"It is rather a lot, isn't it?  It's a hassle at Christmas, we just do a white elephant party most of the time.  Same for birthdays."

Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2013, 12:32:31 AM »
I continue to blush, while secretly wondering whether "Silly" is, in fact, one of the cousins, or if they just make the jump over to Tilly.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2013, 05:03:33 PM »
Period: Okay, well, it was nice to meet you, Rilly  and Quilly!  We'll be back before 11, okay!
Period: Beatrice, lets go out and fight some, um, trainers, okay?  It'll be good to get more experience.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »
"Y-yes," I stammer, wrenching my eyes away from the sisters.  "That sounds like a good idea."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
Rilly pulls out a magazine and says "See you gals later.  Watch out for any shady looking guys."

Quilly sighs.  "Would you give it a rest?"

Quilly walks back into the back of the pokemon center, as if she were going back to sleep.

The doors open for you and you step back out into the fresh afternoon air.  There is a nice wind.  You feel like you could find that place where the trainers were hanging out, or you could look around the city more.  it's about 3:30PM
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 10:44:48 PM »
Period: Okay!  Lets go get'em!

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »
"R-right!"  I look around, hoping to spot a trainer who looks non-threatening.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »
you find yourself in what used to be a baseball field probably, but buildings edging in all around seem to have restricted it to just the diamond.

"Hey!  You Girls!  We were gonna play baseball, but we don't have enough people, so come battle pokemon with us!"  There seem to be a few young kids milling around the lot.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Period: Oh, sure!  Come on, Beatrice, lets go!

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2013, 06:15:57 PM »
"O-kay!"  I try to look determined.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:24 PM »
"Great!"  The kids yell in excitement all around and you are quickly brought into the baseball area.  Most of the kids after the initial little kid curiousity square out, forming a makeshift pok-a-rena around you two.  The kid that approached you calls out.  "First you two are gonna go up against Rex and Ace!"  There is a shuffling around and a kid in a beanie and a kid with bandages on his face come out. 

beanie: "I'm Rex"

Bandages: "I'm Ace"

Both: "And we're gonna fight you today!" 

They seem excited and happy to be going up against you in a pokemon battle.

Rex:"Are there any special rules you want to set?  And what should our stakes be?  We're willing to pay out some reward money, or we can get you something else."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »
Period looks like she is seriously considering the children's offer.  Then, she hits upon an idea.  You can almost see the appear above her head.

Period: Okay, I've got it!  If we win, you'll let us classify all your pokemon!  And you'll show us around the city!
Period: And if you win, you can classify our pokemon!  And, um... We'll play baseball with you!