Author Topic: Goblin Arrows (IC Thread)  (Read 18546 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Arrows (IC Thread)
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »
Pieron shares this revelation with the others.  This isn't good.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
Kovoir's expression grows dark, and he can be heard muttering dire imprecations into his beard as he storms about the room. Until those imprecations become full-throated growls and threats. "We are going back out there to find those lick-spit bandits and put a dwarf sized boot into every one of the miserable bastards!" He rounded on Barthen. "You! I want supplies enough that we can hunt the cretins down without having to return every few days for food. And every. single. piece. of information you have on the vermin." Leaning in to focus on Barthen from uncomfortably close, he continued. "And when I come back, I'm having words with whoever is the gutless coward that didn't have these miserable wretches hounded until the ends of the world."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
Barthen backs away as far as the cramped space allows, holding his hands up. "Believe me, sir, I wholeheartedly agree. I consider Gundren a personal friend, though I know dwarves are slow to reciprocate. I was excited when he said he and his brothers had a lead for rediscovering the mine of the Phandelver's Pact."

The Phandelver's Pact is a story known to Kovoir: More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement, known as the Phandelver's Pact, to share a mine rich in both material wealth and magical power in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. Humans allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes as well, building the prosperous city of Phandalin, whose ruins are now the foundation of the small miner's town Phandalin. But disaster struck when a horde of orcs swept in from the North and attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize it. Mercenary wizards supporting the orcs and mages of the Pact clashed over it, and the location of Wave Echo Cavern was lost in the destruction and cave-ins that followed and decimated both sides.

In the present, Barthen goes on to describe the situation in Phandalin: "There is basically no authority or lord here to chase off the brigands - it's a very free place, but one without protection. And ever since the Redbrands moved in, most of the townsfolk are preoccupied with the town itself. They're bullies and extortionists, and openly flout the townmaster's authority." He shakes his head. "If you're of a mind to find Gundren, I will support you to the best of my ability. I have here anything an expedition might need, short of weapons or sorcery. And I shall introduce you to another fellow Gundren hired. He should be able and willing to help."

(click to show/hide)
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 03:38:52 AM »
Amidst the dwarf's ranting, Zuzie stands back stifling her chuckling as Kovoir rumbles and grumbles about the room.

"SoItakeitwe'reoffonapleasantjauntintothewildernessandgallivantaboutforsomeplumpgreenbuttstoplantyourbootstonight? Soundsdelightfu~l! Sowegetfreestufftoassistinthesearchandrescueyes?" she asks, leaning forward greedily.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 11:19:46 AM »
Pieron looks at Zuzie, dumbstruck.  He thought he had a handle on her speech but he lost her partway through that first...sentence?  Word?  Whatever it was she said.

"These people are not the enemy Kovoir," he says.  "Save your strength for the goblins." 

Speaking of strength, Pieron obviously doesn't have much left to spare.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »
Kovoir calmed himself enough that he was no longer using his dwarven bulk to loom over the shopkeeper, but he was still visibly frustrated and angry, pacing the room in short sharp bursts that made his armour clatter with each rotation. "Fine. I'll save it for the goblins. But we're going tonight, not wasting a day while the trail gets colder. Which means you," his finger wagging at the factor, "need to find someone to heal Pieron up. Now!"

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 05:11:02 AM »
"Absolutely. I have someone in mind." Barthen leans out the door and shouts for one of the apprentices, "Ander! Run to the inn and fetch Heylian! Say it's about Gundren Rockseeker. Thistle, finish carrying the small items and then take a break until he comes back." The named clerk takes off down the road and Barthen nods. "Heylian Espershard was hired by Gundren much like you were, only for a different purpose. He'll be as invested in his fate as you are. You're welcome to rations and camping supplies as you figure you'll need them."

Not too long after, Ander returns with a newcomer in tow.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:33 PM »
"You rang, Barthen?" The half-elf that comes into view has long, bright red hair and golden eyes. He is of average height and build for one of his kind, though it can be hard to tell with the massive poncho he has on right now.

"Pleased to make your acquaintances, fellows. Heylian Espershard, at your service." He sizes up each one, and stops as he notices Pieron's injuries. "Wow, those look pretty bad. I can spare you a bit of healing if you want to be in top shape for the road."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »
"If we are to hunt tonight, healing would be appreciated," Pieron says a little stiffly.  This man looks...strange.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
Kovoir runs a beady eye over the flamboyant twit that showed up. What else should I have expected from an elf? Even his name is idiotic. Out loud, he just nods in the direction of Pieron. "Get to work. And I'll be watching."

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
The gnome lass waves excitedly with both hands at the new show. "PleasurespleasuresHeylian." As the others had abstained from returning the pleasant elf's introduction, she proceeded to take it upon herself. "PieronKovoirZuziewonderfultomeetyou!" she exclaimed, pointing with both hands to each person as their names were called out.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
"My my, aren't we a little piece of sunshine and sugar! Pleased to meet ya." He smiles back. Kovoir's distrust doesn't even faze him - his mother's ancestry has earned him many a bad look back in the day, and he's grown a much thicker skin since.

Ironic considering he doesn't look like he's had a wrinkle in his life.

"Have a seat." He asks of Pieron.

From under the poncho, the half-elf produces a rather large violin, Taking the bow dextrously in his right hand, he starts strumming along a rather upbeat melody.

The light glinting off the cords of the violin turn into twinkles of green, and start spinning about around the bow, before he finishes with a slight flourish, and the twinkling, star-like energy floats around Pieron and dissipate as they touch his wounds - no doubt allowing him to breathe a little easier, though by how much remains to be seen.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:24:01 AM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »
Everyone gets a sense of just how much pain Pieron was in when you see his face relax as his wounds close. 

"Thank you Heylian," Pieron says, for once not being curt.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »
"Hmph. Well, you aren't the complete waste of flesh most of you pointy-eared imbeciles are." Kovoir looked around the room. "Everyone packed? We should be, we just got off the road. If not, grab your supplies and lets go. There's dwarves out there at the mercy of goblins, and that will not stand."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »
"The dwarves are not at the mercy of the goblins. The goblins are locked in there with the dwarves." Heylian jests.

"I'll have a spare crossbow if they have any. You seem to have a lot of close-combat fighters on the team; it wouldn't hurt to get some ranged support, methinks."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2017, 07:52:09 AM »
Kovoir's judgement of the elf drops further. "Nice to you think we dwarves can't use our runes past the ends of our beards. But you are right about the goblins never knowing what hit them. And they certainly won't."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2017, 10:23:03 AM »
Pieron is remembering why he mostly takes solitary scouting jobs.  These people are completely unprofessional.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
Heylian IS a professional.

At entertaining, and generally being loud. Probably why Pieron isn't too fond of the guy.

He turned to Zuzie, pulling a piece of candy from his pocket. "To celebrate making a new friend."

He would offer to the others, but Kovoir probably thinks it's poisoned.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
Barthen strokes his beard pensively. "I'm afraid I don't carry weapons or armor, only supplies. The Lionshield Coster further down the road sells weapons, but they're a trade company with no connection to Gundren and have lost money to the bandits as well, so I doubt Miss Graywind would be willing to negotiate on prices."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
"Doesn't hurt to ask. I mean, surely she'll be happy to see a paying customer if we're making the roads a bit safer for her, right?" Heylian offers with a mirthful smile.

"Now now, master Dwarf. I meant it as a compliment."

Give me internets. Now.