Author Topic: 1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out Sometime  (Read 308822 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: 1001 Homebrew Ideas to Flesh Out Sometime
« Reply #700 on: January 11, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »
Untie Binding from class levels:

• Replace Binder level with your ECL.

• You can't perform a ritual without researching the seal - an appropriate Knowledge check with a DC equal to the Binding DC is a good idea.

• Cribbing from Nobilis 2e's Alchemy (or Pokemon  :D), you can bind any Vestige - but there are side effects. Binding a Vestige that's too many levels higher than you can risk the Pact turning into possession. A Vestige that's one level too high is always a bad Pact, two levels higher means that the once-per-five-rounds ability is lost for the Pact when you break Influence, three levels higher makes you count as a summoned creature for the purposes of Protection or Magic Circle effects, etc.

So sure, go ahead and bind the psychic remnants of a long-lost being - just don't expect to be in charge.

I might tear this apart for ideas.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 13, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »
The basic rules for an RNG-free Forum Emblem-esque game.
- No RNG. Every action is deterministic.
- Hit chance is a damage multiplier, rather than a chance to hit or miss.
- Critical hits use an "entropy" system, like Path of Exile's Evade mechanics. Each hit that can crit adds the crit chance to your "focus", and if that puts your focus at 100% or above, subtract 100% and the attack is a crit.
- Debuffs and negative conditions and stuff (like Sleep) were "balanced" around the idea that they don't always apply. Instead, something like...
   - Has three levels of effect; strong, normal, and weak.
   - Effect's potency level depends on effect's base power, user's Str (physical or enchanted) or Mag (magical or kinetic), recipient's Lck, and recipient's Def (physical or kinetic) or Res (magical or enchanted).
   - Weak: Reduced effect if source's Pwr + user's Str/Mag is less than (recipient's Lck + recipient's Def/Res) * 0.75.
   - Normal: Standard effect if source's Pwr + user's Str/Mag is within +/-25% of recipient's Lck + recipient's Def/Res.
   - Strong: Greater effect if source's Pwr + user's Str/Mag is greater than (recipient's Lck + recipient's Def/Res) * 1.25.
- The random level ups becoming a fixed growth is fairly trivial. Heck, even one of the actual Fire Emblem video games had a mode like that.
- Need to do something about all of the skills that have random trigger chances. They can't all run on an entropy system.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: Eh, this is far, far more in the way of changes than is necessary, and probably more than is desirable. I'm spoilering the excessive change ideas and just putting the RNG-less basics on top.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:45:06 AM by Garryl »

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 16, 2016, 12:46:50 AM »
Dragon Pact Warlock Variant
- Pick from the list of Dragon Shaman totem dragons (this one, not the dinky original one). Can change totems as Dragon Shaman.
- Alignment must be within 1 step of totem dragon's (as Dragon Shaman).
- The Ex-Dragon Shaman section applies if you lose your appropriate alignment. You lose Eldritch Blast and the other dragon totem-based abilities this variant gives.
- Eldritch Blast is not untyped. Instead, it deals damage as per the totem's breath weapon damage type.
- Gain DR/magic instead of DR/cold iron.
- At 3rd level, gain Draconic Resolve.
- At 8th level, gain Draconic Adaptation for your totem instead of Fiendish Resilience.
- At 13th level, gain Totem Immunity for your totem's energy type.
- At 18th level... gain something, I dunno off hand.
- The first invocation of each grade (the ones you get at 1st, 6th, 11th, and 16th) are from the Dragonfire Adept invocation list instead of the Warlock list. The rest is as normal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:32:14 PM by Garryl »

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 05, 2016, 08:12:06 AM »
Dragon Pact Warlock Variant
- Pick from the list of Dragon Shaman totem dragons (this one, not the dinky original one). Can change totems as Dragon Shaman.
- Alignment must be within 1 stem of totem dragon's (as Dragon Shaman).
- The Ex-Dragon Shaman section applies if you lose your appropriate alignment. You lose Eldritch Blast and the other dragon totem-based abilities this variant gives.
- Eldritch Blast is not untyped. Instead, it deals damage as per the totem's breath weapon damage type.
- Gain DR/magic instead of DR/cold iron.
- At 3rd level, gain Draconic Resolve.
- At 8th level, gain Draconic Adaptation for your totem instead of Fiendish Resilience.
- At 13th level, gain Totem Immunity for your totem's energy type.
- At 18th level... gain something, I dunno off hand.
- The first invocation of each grade (the ones you get at 1st, 6th, 11th, and 16th) are from the Dragonfire Adept invocation list instead of the Warlock list. The rest is as normal.
I like this, because I always liked the idea of the dragon shaman, but it was just so lackluster.

Level 18 is tough, because anything iconic the class should be granting should be stuff you already have. Perhaps the ability to use an invocation (or maybe just Eldritch Blast) as a swift action 3/day? Frightful Presence could be an option, but I'm not sure it would really do much at that point.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 05, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »
I like this, because I always liked the idea of the dragon shaman, but it was just so lackluster.

Level 18 is tough, because anything iconic the class should be granting should be stuff you already have. Perhaps the ability to use an invocation (or maybe just Eldritch Blast) as a swift action 3/day? Frightful Presence could be an option, but I'm not sure it would really do much at that point.

Why not have somewhere the ability to count the EB as a breath weapon, so you get access to all those fun little breath weapon feats?

And if you want to go all out cheesy fun, Alter Self/Shapechange/Polymorph into a Dragon of your totem type at 18. At that level, the spell Shapechange is already online, so you're not overwhelming with level inappropriate shenanigans.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 16, 2016, 02:38:02 AM »
Cribbing off FFG Star Wars, I wanna use the Force Dice for divine magic.

A quick summary:
• Force dice are d12s with black and white dots instead of numbers. White dots are "Light Side" points, and black dots are "Dark Side" points.
• Rolling a 1 gives you two black dots. A 2-7 is one black dot. 8-9 are one white dot. 10-12 are two white dots.
• By default, you can only spend white dots on force powers - however, you can "flip" black dots into white dots at a personal cost.

The obvious idea is that white dots reflect divine intercession, while black dots reflect drawing the energies from your own faith. So...
• Divine casters have some sort of internal "force of personality" - maybe a pool of Charisma + half level points?
• That force of personality is used to flip over divine dice so you can actually use the ones that roll low.
• Divine casters start with one die; they get an extra one every X levels. As they increase in level, their deity notices them more, and is more willing to lend a hand. Maybe use the same progression as Essentia limit?
• Long-term buffs reduce the number of dice they get to roll while they're active, with especially potent buffs "costing" more dice.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 16, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
Working with bone...

Reference: Bone equipment in DMG, page 144.

Bone material:
- Hardness 6
- HP 10/inch of thickness
- Weapons: -2 penalty on attack and damage rolls (minimum 1 damage).
- Armor: No chainmail (or presumably chain shirt and similar chain link armor). No mention of shields.
- Cost: ???
- Weight: ???

New feats:
- Bonesmithing:
   - Requires IL 1st, Craft 4 ranks, a Restless Bones maneuver.
   - Suffer no penalties for attacking with bone weapons (no -2 penalty on attack/damage rolls).
   - Improved non-magical crafting with bone. Can craft any sort of metal weapon/armor from bone (even chainmail).
- Master Bonesmithing [Item Creation]:
   - Requires Bonesmithing, IL 5th, Craft 8 ranks, a Restless Bones maneuver.
   - As Craft Magic Arms and Armor, but only for items made of bone. You can craft magic arms and armor made of bone as though you had a CL equal to your IL, and you can act as though you met the spell requirements of any spell whose level is less than or equal to the highest level Restless Bones maneuver you know and can initiate.
   - Can use this in place of Craft Magic Arms and Armor as a prerequisite, and use IL in place of CL and max Restless Bones maneuver level known/usable in place of knowledge/ability to cast spells of that level, but anything using it as a prerequisite only functions with respect to items made of bone and works with IL/Restless Bones maneuvers instead of CL/spell prerequisites like this feat does (unless you qualify for it normally).

Offline Eldritch_Lord

• Master of Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:12 AM »
[...]
• Rolling a 1 gives you two black dots. A 2-7 is one black dot. 8-9 are one white dot. 10-12 are two white dots.
• By default, you can only spend white dots on force powers - however, you can "flip" black dots into white dots at a personal cost.
[...]
• Divine casters start with one die; they get an extra one every X levels. [...] Maybe use the same progression as Essentia limit?

Not knowing anything about FFG Force powers or how they're costed, I'm assuming spells will cost white dots equal to their level.  I'm also assuming that you're using the usual spell level progression, that you want a reasonable ≥50% chance for divine casters to be able to cast their more powerful spells without spending faith points to flip black dots, and that faith points are the only limitation on spells (no spell slots, in other words) so you don't want their highest-level spells to be too reliable.

In that case, I'd actually suggest giving casters one starting die plus one die each time they get access to a new spell level.  Here are the odds for getting at least N white dots when rolling N+1 dice for spells up to 5th level:

N% Chance
166.0%
263.1%
349.7%
445.5%
538.5%

The trend continues downward from there.  You'll definitely need to put some personal oomph into higher-level spells regardless, but it's not too bad; at 9th level, for instance, you have a 58.0% chance of needing to spend at most 1 faith point to cast a 5th level spell or a 74.3% chance for needing at most 2 points, reasonable given a pool of 4+Cha points.

Conversely, here's the odds for getting enough dots to cast the highest level spell you can cast assuming 1 starting die plus dice equal to the essentia progression, up to level 17:

LevelMax Spell LevelDice% Chance
11st266.0%
21st266.0%
32nd246.5%
42nd246.5%
53rd214.6%
63rd332.8%
74th317.7%
84th317.7%
95th34.7%
105th34.7%
116th31.6%
126th46.1%
137th41.4%
147th41.4%
158th40.4%
168th40.4%
179th4N/A

As you can see, the odds get bad enough with too few dice that it basically degenerates into a point-based system past level 4-6 or so, plus you have the weird jumps in probability whenever you gain a die without going up a spell level.

Heck, if you're going to make buffs cost dice, I'd give them one die per class level; at 6th level, assuming they haven't spent any dice yet, that gives them a whopping 74.4% chance to fire off a 3rd level spell without spending any of their 1+Cha faith points, and they can allocate up to 2 dice before dropping below the 50% mark.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 18, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »
Channelers (name WIP)
- Hybrid sort of class, able to do both support spellcaster stuff and direct offensive stuff.
- Two resources.
   - The first is a large pool that fuels short-duration defensive and support abilities. The energy doesn't just go away, though. It comes back in a different form.
   - The second is a smaller pool that decays rapidly after being filled and fuels offensive and self-buffing abilities. It's only charged up when the defensive/support effects expire (gains are proportional to the resources spent).
- Can dismiss "spells" as a free action? Or maybe leave the short-duration onesl on a fixed duration rather than the usual 1 round/level scaling?

Example effects (calling the resources white and black chi for now). Assume that 1 chi is about equal to 2 PP and you can cast/augment like powers do, spending up to 1/2 your level (rounded up) at once.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:32:42 PM by Garryl »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 19, 2016, 12:51:36 AM »
[...]
[...]
• Divine casters start with one die; they get an extra one every X levels. [...] Maybe use the same progression as Essentia limit?

Not knowing anything about FFG Force powers or how they're costed, I'm assuming spells will cost white dots equal to their level.  I'm also assuming that you're using the usual spell level progression, that you want a reasonable ≥50% chance for divine casters to be able to cast their more powerful spells without spending faith points to flip black dots, and that faith points are the only limitation on spells (no spell slots, in other words) so you don't want their highest-level spells to be too reliable.

Here's a fan-made handout that lays out the Force Power trees.

As for how they work... imagine if you had to buy the augmentations for individual Psionic Powers separately. In exchange, you can buy a given Augmentation multiple times - and their effects stack.

It works surprisingly well, except for the fact that the Move tree interacts strangely with the range and size rules (if I recall correctly, someone who buys all of the Move talents and rolls 7 points could pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit, which is... pretty out of line compared to the other powers.)

So I was visualizing something kinda similar:

1. Each divine power takes the form of a "tree" of base powers and upgrades. I'm imagining that there'd be a few "basic" trees and the rest would be domain-based.

2. Upgrades tend to require that you spend extra white points on them.

3. Upgrades can be grabbed again if they show up in the tree multiple times - doing so just stacks the upgrade's effect on itself (so an upgrade that increases range by 10ft would increase it by 20ft instead if you bought it twice).

4. I'm thinking that white points in excess of what you want to use are dispersed as displays of divine power - if there's a stealth tree, one of the earlier upgrades would pretty much just be a point sink to prevent sudden heavenly choirs from giving away your position.

Offline Eldritch_Lord

• Master of Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 19, 2016, 03:46:41 AM »
Here's a fan-made handout that lays out the Force Power trees.

As for how they work... imagine if you had to buy the augmentations for individual Psionic Powers separately. In exchange, you can buy a given Augmentation multiple times - and their effects stack.

It works surprisingly well, except for the fact that the Move tree interacts strangely with the range and size rules (if I recall correctly, someone who buys all of the Move talents and rolls 7 points could pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit, which is... pretty out of line compared to the other powers.)

So I was visualizing something kinda similar:

So you're not just talking about replacing the divine casting system with this Force system and leaving spells as-is, you want to replace everything.  Okay, that works too.

It looks like the powers have 11 upgrades on average, split into certain predefined categories and bought with XP.  How are you planning to handle that?  A caster gets X upgrades per level to spend on different trees, or has some sort of points to spend on upgrades, or...?

If we assume that each upgrade either requires one additional white dot or commits one die to activate its effect, and that you want to keep trees of roughly the same size, one option for advancement would be getting 1 upgrade to each of X trees at each even level (so you can max out trees, or close to it, by 20th level) and gaining 1 die at each odd level, or something similar; instead of costing more XP, more powerful upgrades would still cost 1 upgrade "slot" but simply require a higher level to choose.

1. Each divine power takes the form of a "tree" of base powers and upgrades. I'm imagining that there'd be a few "basic" trees and the rest would be domain-based.

Hmm.  Off the top of my head, I'd have four basic trees:
  • Blessing (buffing others)
  • Channeling (offensive positive/negative energy stuff like Turn Undead)
  • Healing (HP recovery)
  • Insight (divinations)
...of which an individual cleric starts with the basic power of three, so you can differentiate a support cleric (no Channeling) from a cloistered cleric (no Blessing) from a "standard" cleric (no Insight).  Then have 9 "domains" as follows, with an individual cleric starting with the basic power of one of them.
  • Elements (self-explanatory)
  • Enhancement (self-buffing)
  • Invocation (summoning and "ask a question" divinations)
  • Miracles (grab bag of flashy stuff like instant creation, teleportation, resurrection, and such)
  • Restoration (condition recovery)
  • Smiting (offensive self-buffs and ranged attacks)
  • Spirits (undead stuff aside from turning and outsider stuff aside from summoning)
  • Questing (stealth and movement)
  • Warding (long-term/AoE buffs and abjurations)
That gives you a fairly well-rounded list while staying well within the cleric theme, and it gives you around the same number of trees to write up as F&D has.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 24, 2016, 05:36:26 PM »
New area variation: Cloud

A cloud continuously affects its area like an emanation (as opposed to choosing who or what is affected immediately on casting and staying with them no matter where they move like a burst or a spread), but it flows around corners like a spread (as opposed to straight line of effect like a burst or emanation).

For obvious reasons, the cloud spells (Fog Cloud, Obscuring Mist, Stinking Cloud, etc.) would be clouds instead of emanations.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 24, 2016, 06:13:05 PM »
New area variation: Cloud

A cloud continuously affects its area like an emanation (as opposed to choosing who or what is affected immediately on casting and staying with them no matter where they move like a burst or a spread), but it flows around corners like a spread (as opposed to straight line of effect like a burst or emanation).

For obvious reasons, the cloud spells (Fog Cloud, Obscuring Mist, Stinking Cloud, etc.) would be clouds instead of emanations.

So, I did this for Spell Seeds, but I also had it based on Obscuring Mist, so it looked like this:

Fog: The spell creates a fog 5 ft. in radius per two caster levels and 20 ft. high. Creatures passing through the fog are affected by its effects. Unless altered, treat a fog spell as Obscuring Mist. Point cost: +4 if a Reflex save, +5 for Fortitude, Will or none.

Would yours pull in the vision/movement limiting, or just be a type of area?

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 24, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
Just defining a type of area. Anything the spell does to block sight or whatever is its own business and is part of the spell's effect.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:25:40 PM by Garryl »

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 06, 2016, 11:28:54 PM »
Note: Completed at http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=18074.

(click to show/hide)

Phantom Battlefield martial discipline
Phantom Battlefield was created by a bunch of illusionists who were totally jelly of their Jade Phoenix Mage buddies and decided to be productive about it.

Discipline Access
Swordsages can train in the ways of Phantom Battlefield. They can select it in place of one of their optional disciplines, allowing them to learn and use its maneuvers. Like all martial disciplines, any character can dabble in its techniques with the Martial Study and Martial Stance feats.

Discipline Key Skill: Disguise

Discipline Favored Weapons: ...

Sidebar: Mirror Images
(click to show/hide)

Maneuvers by Level
(click to show/hide)

Maneuver Descriptions
(click to show/hide)

Shadow illusion martial discipline
(Split off the shadow image half of the mirror image discipline.)

Possible names?

Discipline Skill: Forgery
Discipline Weapons: ...
Discipline Access: Swordsage (choice)

• Counters
  • Shadow Dodge (Counter 4) - Create a shadow image against one attack. If the image survives, it counterattacks the attacker.
  • Boosts
  • Shadow Distraction (Boost 1) - Create a shadow image in another space to flank with until end of turn.
  • Shell Game (Boost 7) - Create two shadow images for 1 round. One of them deals damage if struck, the other is more real.
  • Strikes
  • Shadow Legion (Strike 9) - Create multiple shadow images. You and they all attack.
  • Rushes

• Stances
  • Images in the Shade (Stance 8) - Shadow images are an extra 20% real (max 100%).

Sidebar: Shadow Images
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:56:10 PM by Garryl »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
I like this idea, but how do you see the mirror images working?

For ex, Phantom Dodge: if it's in response to an attack, what does the mirror image do? The monster has already targeted you because the image didn't exist at the time of the attack being started. Whereas I can see how the later one works - you leave a mirror image and step out of the way of the attack, so the attack strikes the image.

For those that say "until image is destroyed", is that an indefinite period or limited to the usual 1 round of ToB strikes?

On another note, I would raid all of the class features of the Arcane Duelist, since it seems to fit with this discipline perfectly. Flurry of Blades is basically a 9th level strike.

A rush is?

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 07, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
I like this idea, but how do you see the mirror images working?

General idea is that mirror images are like the mirror image spell, except for the partly real ones, which are also crossed with shadow conjuration.

For ex, Phantom Dodge: if it's in response to an attack, what does the mirror image do? The monster has already targeted you because the image didn't exist at the time of the attack being started. Whereas I can see how the later one works - you leave a mirror image and step out of the way of the attack, so the attack strikes the image.

Intent was that the attacker would randomly determine whether it's attacking you or the image. It gets a little funky once you potentially have other mirror images that it already randomly determined it wasn't attacking. That said, it's intended to be essentially a 50% miss chance (unless special senses or true seeing can just negate it), so just picking you or the new image randomly (regardless of how many other images you may already have) is just fine.

For those that say "until image is destroyed", is that an indefinite period or limited to the usual 1 round of ToB strikes?

That's for if the image gets struck and destroyed before the maneuver runs out. Ex: With Illusive Stride, the image and invisibility last until your next turn, but if the image is destroyed before then, you are revealed immediately.

On another note, I would raid all of the class features of the Arcane Duelist, since it seems to fit with this discipline perfectly. Flurry of Blades is basically a 9th level strike.

Ooh, nice!

A rush is?

Rushes are move action maneuvers. The idea caught some actual traction among parts of the homebrew community after I presented it. I've seen rushes used in the martial disciplines of at least half a dozen other brewers.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 07, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »
Martial Discipline Access

When you gain your first level in a martial adept class or prestige class, you select which martial disciplines you can learn from through your training in that class. Each class has a number of disciplines available to all members that are inherently tied to the class's identity, plus a number of freely chosen disciplines from among a list.

Crusader: Devoted Spirit, White Raven, and any 1 of Stone Dragon.
Warblade: Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, and any 2 of Diamond Mind and White Raven.
Swordsage: Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand, and any 3 of Setting Sun, Stone Dragon, and Tiger Claw.

Bloodclaw Master: Tiger Claw.
Deepstone Sentinel: Stone Dragon.
Eternal Blade: Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, and any 2 of Iron Heart or White Raven.
Jade Phoenix Mage: Desert Wind and any 1 of Devoted Spirit.
Master of Nine: Any 6 disciplines from which you know at least 1 maneuver, and any 3 disciplines.
Ruby Knight Vindicator: Devoted Spirit, Shadow Hand, and any 2 of Stone Dragon or White Raven.
Shadow Sun Ninja: Setting Sun and Shadow Hand.

Martial DisciplineKey SkillSave DCsCrusaderSwordsageWarblade
Desert WindTumbleWisdomNoYesNo
Devoted SpiritIntimidateCharismaYesNoNo
Diamond MindConcentrationStrengthNoYesChoice
Iron HeartBalanceStrengthNoNoYes
Setting SunSense MotiveStrength/DexterityNoChoiceNo
Shadow HandHideWisdomNoYesNo
Stone DragonBalanceStrengthChoiceChoiceYes
Tiger ClawJumpStrengthNoChoiceYes
White RavenDiplomacyN/A (but it would probably be Charisma if any maneuvers allowed a save)YesNoChoice

... but wait, this changes nothing, doesn't it?

Correct! Nothing has changed! However, this is a framework for adding new, homebrew martial disciplines to existing classes (including PrCs).

(Also, some fun facts about saves for maneuver. White Raven is the only discipline with no maneuvers that require a saving throw. Setting Sun has two maneuvers with saves; one using Dex, the other using Str. Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, and Tiger Claw both have one maneuver each with a special save DC; Devoted Spirit's uses your damage roll, Iron Heart's is an attack roll, while Tiger Claw's is a Jump check.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:53:11 PM by Garryl »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 09, 2016, 08:50:24 AM »
Illusion martial discipline

Given you're up to 22 maneuvers, it looks like you're all but ready to turn them into a fully fleshed out discipline. Got an idea for the usual tactical feat for the discipline?

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 12, 2016, 11:31:11 PM »
Illusion martial discipline

Given you're up to 22 maneuvers, it looks like you're all but ready to turn them into a fully fleshed out discipline. Got an idea for the usual tactical feat for the discipline?

Down to 19 now. I'm splitting off the maneuvers that make shadow illusions into their own thing, at least for the time being. I may incorporate them back in later if there's not enough.

Not a clue about any tactical feat. Besides, if I'm doing tactical feats, I have a 3 discipline backlog in Tomb of Battle. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.