Author Topic: DragonSoul Initiator (Pendragon) 3.5 Base Class [PEACH]  (Read 11668 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: DragonSoul Initiator (Pendragon) 3.5 Base Class [PEACH]
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 06:19:51 PM »
I only have what I otherwise said--the last three levels are pretty dead. All you get out of them is +1 use of your last SLA and CL you probably don't need, so there's no reason to not multiclass and pick up anything else.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 12:08:10 AM »
Well not that many games get to 20th but Raineh makes a good point since even the original martial classes all offer a last level capstone.

Some humble suggestions for this:
-Frightful Presence.
-Some type of 1/day ultimate ability where you grow and turn into a dragon with the full assortment of natural weapons and whatnot.
-Being able to X/day cast one of your SLAs and initiate a maneuver as a single standard action (or fullround if the maneuver is too).

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 12:22:37 PM »
So given there's nothing much there anyways, I'm thinking about adding another Draconic Progression at level 2.

As far as a 20th level ability, I'm liking the idea of being able to use the SLA at the same time as using a maneuver that requires the same or amount of time. Given the relative limit nature of the SLA, what should I limit the capstone use at?

Also in the feat Beyond God and Dragon I made God levels count for the purposes of per day uses of the SLA but not in gaining anymore.

Also I'm thinking I want Blade's Breath to last a bit longer, but I dunno. And perhaps take away the stance part if it does.

Added Martial Power Prana Burst ability.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:20:13 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 08:04:51 PM »
Upon request I am now reviewing this class.  I promise this will go quicker than SRW did.

With a multiclass feat with God I assume this is meant to roughly be on par with the monster classes?

Typo in class skills, the end of a sentence is missing.   A DragonSoul Initiator also gains additional class skills from their [SOMETHING] (see below for details).

Even with gaining the key class skill from your disciplines you're gaining two and the skill list just feels really empty.  There's nothing specific that's missing based off of what is already there, but is there a specific reason why Spot and Listen aren't around?

That is a lot of maneuvers/stances known for only getting two schools.  You're not going to have a lot of opportunities to trade out.  This is just a general comment, not a criticism.

Is there any specific reason why Extend Range doesn't just grant reach?

You've got some feat placeholders.

I'll get more nitpicky once the big stuff has been discussed.