Author Topic: Awesome stuff you have to share  (Read 268443 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
Re: Awesome stuff you have to share
« Reply #760 on: October 30, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Here's an idea I had this evening.

Velvet Room, the nightclub (sort of).

-Only membership patrons may attend.
-Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times. Unmasking for any other purpose than sanitizing or mask-swapping gets you out of the nightclub for the night.
-A tarot card is assigned to each patron. The methods of choice vary.
-The nightclub is expressly noted as possessing an ultimate purpose, but none except the owner are permitted to know what it is.
-Patrons are encouraged to provide their own exhibitions and entertainment (subject to the house's approval) above and beyond those provided by the nightclub itself.
-Alcohol may or may not be served randomly to patrons (namely some may be getting "drunk" out of stupidity alone).
-Nudity within club limits is discouraged, but not prohibited.

Sound crazy enough?

Not crazy enough.  Needs a bartender named Igor and a waitress named Elizabeth.  And the piano man's playing this song.

Offline radionausea

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 30, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »
Something inside me dies when I see the word fallacy applied to ideas held about roleplaying. And a small bit of vomit comes up when I see a character called a 'toon'.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 30, 2012, 04:47:14 PM »
Here's an idea I had this evening.

Velvet Room, the nightclub (sort of).

-Only membership patrons may attend.
-Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times. Unmasking for any other purpose than sanitizing or mask-swapping gets you out of the nightclub for the night.
-A tarot card is assigned to each patron. The methods of choice vary.
-The nightclub is expressly noted as possessing an ultimate purpose, but none except the owner are permitted to know what it is.
-Patrons are encouraged to provide their own exhibitions and entertainment (subject to the house's approval) above and beyond those provided by the nightclub itself.
-Alcohol may or may not be served randomly to patrons (namely some may be getting "drunk" out of stupidity alone).
-Nudity within club limits is discouraged, but not prohibited.

Sound crazy enough?

Not crazy enough.  Needs a bartender named Igor and a waitress named Elizabeth.  And the piano man's playing this song.
Well duh. Though those two would have to be scrapped if it turned into an actual nightclub though.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 31, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 31, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
I've just spent the past half hour shoveling manure into my grandparents' garden.  Hopefully we'll get a better crop next year than this one, especially with the melons.

Slightly related, once you've had homegrown tomatoes you'll forever find Subway's to be shitty.

I really wish I had the money and time to experience some of those games like Persona 3.  I -might- be able to get a PS2, but the game would be hard to find I bet and still expensive.  A PS3 would probably be better and get it on PSN, and while I'm there I need to get Chrono Cross...  I so need a job.  Stupidest thing I've done was quit my job at the grocery store for a call center I knew would be stressful enough that I might get fired for having problems.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:37:28 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 31, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »
I've just spent the past half hour shoveling manure into my grandparents' garden.  Hopefully we'll get a better crop next year than this one, especially with the melons.

Slightly related, once you've had homegrown tomatoes you'll forever find Subway's to be shitty.

I really wish I had the money and time to experience some of those games like Persona 3.  I -might- be able to get a PS2, but the game would be hard to find I bet and still expensive.  A PS3 would probably be better and get it on PSN, and while I'm there I need to get Chrono Cross...  I so need a job.  Stupidest thing I've done was quit my job at the grocery store for a call center I knew would be stressful enough that I might get fired for having problems.

Awesome?

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 31, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

Awesome?

Awesome that next year we should be getting better crops.  The other stuff is just me rambling...  lol  Mostly acknowledging that Persona 3 is a great game that I would like to play one of these days.  Likewise with Chrono Cross.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 31, 2012, 08:51:07 PM »
Isn't everything from subway shitty?

Says the jimmie johns fan...

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #768 on: October 31, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
just had my first / only jj sub a month or so ago, not bad. better than subway, easy.
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 31, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »

Awesome?

Awesome that next year we should be getting better crops.  The other stuff is just me rambling...  lol  Mostly acknowledging that Persona 3 is a great game that I would like to play one of these days.  Likewise with Chrono Cross.
For the record, I don't think Persona 3 is on PSN. Persona 3 Portable is available for the PSP though and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Mostly? I recommend the Persona 1 and Innocent Sin remakes for the PSP, plus Punishment on the PSX, over Persona 3. They feel better to me.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 02, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »

Awesome?

For the record, I don't think Persona 3 is on PSN. Persona 3 Portable is available for the PSP though and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Mostly? I recommend the Persona 1 and Innocent Sin remakes for the PSP, plus Punishment on the PSX, over Persona 3. They feel better to me.

Nope, Persona 3 FES all the way.
Part one: You hurt things by shooting yourself in the head. because that's how you cause your magic.
Part two: You are a robot. That kills things with magic.

Also: Koromaru. Super magic dog = awesome incarnate.
For those who haven't played the game, but have seen Cowboy Bebop, imagine you gave Ein 5 levels of Battle Sorcerer.

Plus, admit it, you totally would've looked up when yukari was getting on the train. :D
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »
I didn't say I didn't like P3F. I just said I liked those games better. Few reasons:

1) The protagonists in Punishment are adults. As in pretty much all of them are at least 21 or more. I motherfucking DARE you to name another RPG where that happens. (And no, Mass Effect doesn't count. Mass Effect is a shooter with a story and some RPG elements.)

2) Demon negotiation is funny as hell for me even if it can be an absolute crapshoot sometimes. I certainly prefer it to randomly getting a Persona after battle.

3) The first few Persona games are centered on urban legends becoming reality. None of the characters are "special" beyond having Personae (i.e. none of them is the prophesized second coming of Cthulhu or anything like that). They're regular people thrust into an impossible situation. On P3, they're all part of an organization, so they don't come together of their own accord. (P4 returns a bit to this formula.)

4) Not controlling party members in-battle sucks.

5) P3 depends on your ability to plan things or follow a walkthrough. The previous games pretty much give you free rein on where to go and how to explore.

6) The Velvet Room was really cool as far as its second game incarnation goes - it's a wide salon where the Personae are summoned by means of an opera singer and a blindfolded painter, and I love the symbolism to pieces.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 02, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »
I motherfucking DARE you to name another RPG where that happens. (And no, Mass Effect doesn't count. Mass Effect is a shooter with a story and some RPG elements.)

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
Cthulhu Saves the World
Neverwinter Nights
7th Saga

What do I win?
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 02, 2012, 11:08:02 AM »
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #774 on: November 02, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
hmm

have you tried Alt persona?   :P
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #775 on: November 02, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
um, does d&d count? cause almost every character i play is over 21.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #776 on: November 02, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »
I motherfucking DARE you to name another RPG where that happens. (And no, Mass Effect doesn't count. Mass Effect is a shooter with a story and some RPG elements.)

Cthulhu Saves the World
Neverwinter Nights
7th Saga

What do I win?

Also Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, and Pool of Radiance...
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 02, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

Cthulhu Saves the World
Neverwinter Nights
7th Saga

What do I win?

Also Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, and Pool of Radiance...

Dragon Age also I think.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 02, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
D'aww, I got sigged!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 02, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »
D'aww, I got sigged!

Well, it's not every day that someone gets awesome-five'd by the great Kuroimaken...
What do I win?