Author Topic: How would you refluff stuff in this case?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
How would you refluff stuff in this case?
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »
I saw an Alignment "fix" a while ago that I rather liked.

Namely, you drop alignment from the game, and anything with an Alignment subtype gets the [Spirit] subtype instead.

In addition, any abilities or effects that functioned against a particular alignment instead only affect creatures with the [Spirit] subtype.

Finally, anything that gets an Aura of a given alignment is treated as having the [Spirit] subtype for the purpose of things affecting them (my own addition.)

So, the thread then went on to muse that, for example, the Paladin would be less a holy warrior and more of a spirit-killer (Detect [Spirit], Smite [Spirit], and so on)

Now, what else do you think it would change? When I look at this concept, I see a world that seems to be:
a. More superstitious.
b. More mortals vs. outsiders and the like.
c. More insular.

Your thoughts? I've wanted to run a game where the alignments would be based off how close to humanoid (human) you are, and this kind of thing might work for it.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."