Author Topic: Chapter 1: Expedition  (Read 22656 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Expedition
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »
Singorn first turns to CaraVela. "I would expect that such things would need to remain secret as well, to preserve the integrity of the mission and the existence of World's End as a useful tool for me." He glances briefly around the room, and continues, "I am sure that all of you have... hidden depths, which you would rather not become public knowledge. Perhaps we should declare this entire mission, and all information gained from it, sealed to any ears but mine -- of course, with special dispensation for necessity while carrying out the mission.  I would not cripple the mission itself, as the safety of the Empire is of higher importance than World's End."

Then: "I will give you a more in-depth overview of the mission and the logistics; hopefully it will answer all of your questions.

First, I will say that one of the main reasons I suspect World's End, or some other entity from Beyond, may be involved, is that until recently, the Curtain has been nearly the only barrier to my divinations in the entire world. However, since the beginning of the Shadow War, I have been unable to pierce some sort of veil which resides over the Obsidian Desert, or to divine the workings of the Brotherhood of Night. The connection between these events cannot be ignored.

As to the mission itself, the journey to World's End is somewhat complicated, because its position relative to landmarks this side of the Curtain fluctuates unpredictably, and is only accessible by ship -- extradimensional travel does not function across the Curtain. I will provide a gate for you to my agency at Landsdown, where you will board a ship and sail east along the Curtain, to search for the crossing point.  Such ships sail once a month, carrying supplies for the inhabitants, guard rotations, and sometimes new exiles to the garrison at the World's End crossing point, so your departure from Landsdown will not be unusual.

You will need to remain in World's End for at least a month until the next ship arrives, unless you have some way of returning to Landsdown under your own power.

Beyond the Curtain, you will find World's End. It is comprised of two islands: a small one which abuts the Curtain, containing the garrison, and a large one at the very edge of the falls. They are separated by a wide, deep channel with extremely fast currents; there is a ferry that remains at the garrison, with a large adamantine chain underwater between the two islands to carry the ferry. The pull of the falls is strong enough to make swimming or other boat travel impossible, and the garrison protects against other sorts of travel.

The large island is World's End proper. The first exiles, five centuries ago, had no particular features of any kind. Now, there is a city. The inhabitants have built structures out of stone which was excavated from the island itself... several of the early exiles were dwarves. Sadly, I don't have much information about the layout of the city.

The inhabitants of World's End generally fall into three categories. The first category is political prisoners: those of noble birth who have transgressed on the welfare of the Empire (usually High Treason), either personally or through those they are responsible for. They are held as collateral on their families' good behavior, or because they are simply too influential to execute. The second category is made up of those who have skills or knowledge which need to remain hidden away.  The third category is comprised of World's End natives -- children born of exiles who have never been to this side of the Curtain.

From my sources, and from what I have been able to glean from the few who have returned from World's End, there is usually some sort of government in place, but regime changes happen quite often, and without warning. However, I've had word that in the past several years, a semblance of stability has arisen, spearheaded by the current 'governor' of World's End, a native named Jek Halten. Apparently Halten has solidified the infrastructure, but I don't know his methods.

The manner in which you carry out your mission is up to you, though I am happy to offer feedback and suggestions as necessary. Once you are across the Curtain, you will be out of contact with me, though (depending on circumstances) you may be able to pass messages through the garrison. I will provide you with a means of communication among yourselves, but I can't speak as to their reliability and effectiveness Beyond."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Darkone

• Lurker
  • This message approved by Desus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »
"I believe," Johnathan says, "that given the nature of information - or lack thereof - on our target, there is little more we can do to prepare in that regard. As such, unless his Majesty has some suggestions or provisions for material or materiel preparation, further discussion should be directed towards such."

A beat, as Johnathan looks towards his companion.

"In short, we're winging it. Anyone have any ideas on what to bring?" Celia finishes.
#9CC2DA So that I don't need to keep grabbing this code again.

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2013, 12:35:48 AM »
CaraVela relaxes visibly at Singorn’s request to keep what we learn during the mission secret, and follows keenly the exchange between Johnathan and Celia. Their exchange brings a question into her expression, and she turns to Singorn again.

My lord, has there been any prohibition regarding Magic, weapons, or other items, in World’s End? Or did you permit the exiles to bring what they wished? If there have been prohibitions we will need to abide by them, in appearance if not in fact, or risk standing out from the populace. And if there are prohibitions, there may be a contraband trade that we could turn to our advantage in making connections. Both considerations might guide our choices in the discussion Johnathan and Celia suggest.

Also, in the means and content of the monthly supplies: Is there trade with the island, from traders sworn to secrecy? Might some or all of us pose as traders and use that to gain access to the island, instead of posing as exiles? Or are the shipping and all transactions administered by the military, or held entirely with the garrison, who control the distribution with the inhabitants? And is the currency of the transactions that of the Empire, or has the garrison noted that World’s End has developed its own coinage?

CaraVela smiles, arching an elegant, golden eyebrow. Thoughts of shipping come very naturally to me… and…

My occasional need for exotic Magic-grade components to fashion requested items at the Observatory and elsewhere, and my long association with captains of the shipping traders, not just for my charts, has been quite an… education.

Offline DragoonWraith

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »
Liltar is getting exasperated. "Why do we not just go? Sooner started, sooner finished."
Legend contributing author

Currently playing Heroes Reborn – Team M.A.I.N.G.A.U.C.H.E.

Some homebrew, more homebrew

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »
Bruce is obviously excited, champing at the bit to begin this quest. 
I agree with Liltar.  Details can be figured out on the way.  This mission is obviously too important to waste time on counting coppers!
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
CaraVela shakes her head in wonder. I forget the short perspective outside the halls of the Observatory. Those who study the stars have a long perspective; it is patience work.

Liltar, Bruce… Do you have a means to extract the information Lord Singorn seeks, from these unknown members of a hostile society of criminals? Perhaps you can pull it from them in some way?
CaraVela eyes the two of them.

Perhaps you think to thrash each of them until they confess. And perhaps you expect your prowess in battle to suffice no matter how tough a particular opponent is, and you may be right.

But what of the dozen waiting round the corner for you, because you took their accomplice? And if you beat that dozen… what of the dozen dozen waiting round the next corner? Or the two hundred well armed and highly trained criminal militia representing their government, who hold sway over the exile society because they are the ones who succeed in thrashing everyone else?

I know what it is like to be hunted by a hostile society, by disorderly packs of men in some places, and by government forces in others, while trying to operate in secrecy, and I would not choose to repeat that experience if we can think of a better alternative.

You imply that we can succeed in our mission if we leave now without planning or giving thought to specialized equipment…

So I ask you, Bruce, Liltar: I do not know what you can do; what abilities you have, so perhaps you have a way. How shall we find out what Lord Singorn wishes to know, from these creatures who have no incentive to cooperate with us, and every incentive to betray us for their own gain instead?

CaraVela is looking at Bruce and Liltar quite openly, no trace of doubt or condescension in her eyes; she is clearly hoping that they really do have a simple answer among their unknown abilities that is more effective than “beat the information out of them”.

CaraVela turns to Merrion for help too.

Agente Merrion, you are a professional at extracting information; do you have an answer for us so that we can leave immediately? Do you think we have enough among us to suffice and need no plan, or can plan along the way, without discussion or plan beforehand? Or do we need to consider our equipment and options more carefully before we depart?

CaraVela turns to the whole group, gesturing at Lord Kensington.

I confess my own predilection is to take on cargo before departure, the right cargo for the journey, so perhaps my own preferences are in the way of appropriate haste. When Lord Kensington and I have travelled to distant and difficult places, planning and specialized equipment were essential to ensure success, and survival.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2013, 12:33:46 AM »
"I have many abilities at my disposal but not one of them is a substitute for patience and careful planning," Merrion responds.

"We are a formidable group, but our objective is more formidable still. A cold insertion to a locale on which our existing intelligence cannot provide us with a current map, much less specific details on all persons of interest and potential obstacles to our mission. A mission which is open ended in the worst way. We are looking for a plot that we are not certain exists and, assuming it does, we must uncover it without alerting its perpetrators to our goal. In short we are dancing on a rope over a pit of poisoned spikes."

Merrion's words spoke of danger and difficulty but his tone remained even, if anything with a hint of desire to confront this challenge. Nor did he hesitate at speaking thus in Singorn's presence, trusting that the god king would understand that he meant no disrespect by bluntly outlining their lack of intelligence on their destination. The clear statement of the obstacles to a mission was a critical part of beginning to overcome them.

"Facing a task of this magnitude, we must approach it carefully and methodically. The answers to lady CaraVela's questions are a start. To continue, we should think on how we wish to present ourselves when we arrive on the island. We can hardly claim to be tourists there to take in the sites or that we are on a mission to locate the instigator of the shadow war. I usually avoid such issues by not being seen in the first place but that is not an option for most of our group. Is anyone here skilled at this sort of deception?"

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:40 AM »
I may not be skilled in beguiling platitudes or misdirection, but I can be quite... persuasive... when I need to be.  We will find the one in charge of this World's End, and he will give us information in exchange for continuing his pitiful existence.  As for fighting our way though dozens of armed men... I'm at my best when fighting in the thick of it.  Bring them all on at once, I say! 

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2013, 09:19:13 AM »
As you might guess, my natural inclination is to do as much research as possible when testing a theory. While the bulk of our research will be done at World's End, obviously, that does not mean we should ignore the source of information in front of us - Lord Kensington looks apologetically at Singorn - even if the knowledge is incomplete.  In addition, his Majesty has offered us the use of some of his incredible resources.  Before we leave, I believe it would greatly benefit our chances of success to outfit ourselves accordingly.

Your Majesty, you spoke of giving us a way to communicate with each other?

Offline DragoonWraith

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
Liltar glares, and those who can see her see Yára repeating her angry-spirit-mask thing. About when CaraVela is saying "perhaps you expect your prowess in battle to suffice no matter how tough a particular opponent is...", Liltar casts silence on the area around CaraVela. Nothing further she says is audible unless she steps outside its area.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:31:41 PM by DragoonWraith »

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »
Liltar’s Silence reveals something previously unannounced about CaraVela’s communication.

When the sound of CaraVela’s words cut off, the thought continues; she was sending precisely what she said as thought as well, with the same phrasing and intonation.
(click to show/hide)

So focused on her message that she apparently is unaware of what happened, CaraVela continues to listen carefully to Merrion’s response which, as thought directed to her, she simply receives directly.
(click to show/hide)

Then when Bruce speaks to everyone, not specifically directed at her, CaraVela realizes belatedly that sounds around her are missing; she sees his lips moving but nothing comes through. She blinks in surprise, then puts together what Liltar was doing a few moments before, and looks around, apparently seeing and identifying the shape of the Magic around her. CaraVela steps beyond the edge of the area, looking chagrined and apologetic. She come back into the conversation somewhere around “…ormation in exchange for continuing his pitiful existence.”

CaraVela says to Merrion, and aloud for everyone, I received what you said, Merrion… sent, thank you. I told Liltar I would not bother her again, and then promptly forgot myself; but I will honor it now since there is no emergency to tell. Agente…

CaraVela’s lips continue to move, but the sound cuts off just as if she were still inside the Silence; apparently she is honoring what Liltar did quite literally. Now that she has been revealed as a natural Telepath, she has switched purely to Telepathy, to everyone except Liltar; only CaraVela’s first brief two sentences were said aloud, a few seconds of speech. However, once again her voice and tone arrive along with the thought to everyone (except Liltar).

< …Agente Merrion, we most likely could have a map soon after we arrive, or perhaps even before our arrival becomes known, depending on our plan… not with street names, but with streets and buildings, the shape of the island and its water landings, lakes and streams, and other geographical features. I can go aloft and capture what I see very quickly onto a blank roll of soft map leather. Coloring takes longer but won’t be necessary, really; line and shading will be more than enough to show a three dimensional representation of the lay of the city, with truncated projections of building heights as seen from above to indicate their shape, and rooftops as well, whatever I can see. Or rather, whatever Lord Kensington can see; if I may offer your services with me, my lord, we can map as we have before. I’ll take you up with me as usual; you provide the image with your excellent sight at a distance, which I will receive Telepathically as you see it for accuracy and completeness, and I will render it onto the map. If we bring multiple blank rolls I can make multiple copies quickly, so each of us may have one, if that is advisable. And as we learn more detail, such as place names and the layouts of large interior spaces, I can add those as well. A map is not a frozen image; it is as up-to-date as we choose to make it. >

At least at the outset, CaraVela’s voice and tone, as if she were speaking aloud, arrive along with the thought. But less than halfway through what she is saying, CaraVela’s lips stop moving and she finishes in a rush, abandoning the word sounds for pure high-speed thought and sample images to show what she means, in her excitement at the idea of mapping a completely new place in detail – and now that a pretense of speaking is no longer needed. Her communication finishes much faster than it started and is done quickly; Liltar (if she's looking, and anyone else who is looking) can see that CaraVela stopped moving her lips, and not much time passes after that.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:02:08 AM by MetroMagic »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »
"You will have ample time to plan during the voyage by ship to World's End; however, your access to supplies will be limited, so I suggest that you form at least the rudiments of a strategy before leaving, so that I may see you adequately equipped. In that vein:"

Singorn produces a handful of silvery medallions on worked silver chains.  The medallions show his symbol of a sunburst with three crossed swords behind it; the last of the three swords on each medallion is made of sapphire instead of silver.  "These medallions will serve several purposes.  First, they are symbols of the authority I am granting you to act in my interests. Because of this, you may want to keep them hidden while in World's End proper, but beforehand they will communicate your delegated authority to the members of my priesthood who will be conveying you there.

Second, as long as you wear one of the medallions, you will be able to communicate with the others in your group by thought.  Finally, once each day, each of you may speak my name to contact me directly using a medallion.  I urge you to make use of this, to keep me updated as to your progress."

To CaraVela: "There has been no prohibition on magic, though few of those I have sent to World's End have any skill with it. It's possible some of their descendants do, however. As to weapons, any and all are taken from the exiles before their journey… butagain I have no specific restriction, as my direct intervention with the affairs in World's End is limited by design.

There is no trade with the island itself. The caretakers do trade, and the results of that commerce filter into World's End via the garrison's scheduled supply drops."

Offline Darkone

• Lurker
  • This message approved by Desus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
Seeing no one else step forward with any plans, Johnathan shrugs to himself before addressing Singorn.

"I believe that, at this point, no one has a plan for how to handle this. Being blunt, my personal idea of a plan is to grab some generic gear and then just wing it," he says, not showing any particular embarrassment.

"I believe a few others here feel so as well." His eyes rove over Liltar and Bruce for a moment.
#9CC2DA So that I don't need to keep grabbing this code again.

Offline DragoonWraith

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »
Liltar gives an emphatic nod, exasperated beyond belief.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
Bruce nods as well.  If anyone has a better idea than Johnathan's, let him speak up now.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
At Johnathan's statement, Lord Kensington looks thoughtful, and then adds his agreement. As I stated earlier, my normal inclination would be to research and plan before any experiment. However, sometimes you reach a point where there are no obvious paths of investigation, and you just have to dive in and figure it out as you go along. Considering the unusual nature of these circumstances, and the general lack of knowledge about, well, almost everything relating to this expedition, I think this may be one of those times. Let us equip ourselves as we see fit - keeping in mind that we should prepare ourselves for an extremely wide range of possible obstacles - and begin our journey as soon as possible.

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »
CaraVela continues with Telepathy to communicate her complex thought efficiently in minimum time, only occasionally moving her lips soundlessly, sending to everyone except Liltar.

<Johnathan, Bruce, there is at least one idea for each of us to consider before we leave Singorn: How we might want to present ourselves to the society on the island.

Perhaps the two of you need not care, or have no prior reputation to consider, but I for one don’t wish to be known as CaraVela there. It has the potential to cause problems for me there, since I would be bringing some reputation with me, and even might cause problems here, afterward, if rumors of exile – and a return from exile – become known somehow. Any secret can come out eventually, in the fullness of time.

Others here who have a public reputation may have a similar problem. Lord Kensington, how would you wish to be known on the island? Do you want to arrive as a Lord? As yourself? If so, then you’ll need a very convincing explanation of why Lord Kensington has been exiled, which will not cause your reputation problems if rumors come back. Remember that Lord Singorn may not be able to defend your reputation after you return without confirming the existence of the island, depending on the nature of the rumors – or at the least a hidden place of exile – so it may not be possible to squelch rumors without revealing too much.

You too, Centurion; your reputation could easily precede you to the island if you appear as you are. And you, Agente Merrion, may not wish your identity and especially your profession to be known on the island if it hampers your effectiveness in carrying out your profession.

You, Magus, have you a reputation to preserve, or a family to consider? Would rumors cause you a problem? Or will your true identity cause you a problem on the island, making criminal activity in your past, that is worthy of exile, not a believable story if such as story would be to our advantage there? Have you ideals that resist tarnishing by a story, so that choosing a believable reason for you to be in exile will require even more careful consideration than it may for others?

I know that others here may not need to care about this issue; it may not mean anything to you, Bruce or Johnathan… or it may, upon reflection. I suggest you take a moment for that reflection – for each of us to take a moment – and at least think about how you would want to be known on the island – and for what crime so fierce to be worthy of exile – before we leave Lord Singorn’s presence, so that any false background story can be coordinated with him and with each other.

Lord Singorn may need to help us effectively represent our false stories.

Some of what we need from him might be possible to accomplish by communicating with him through the medallions after we leave, but some may require objects, or magic, that we need to get now so that we can bring them with us.

For myself, I am open to suggestion from the rest of you about what stories we might concoct and coordinate, and I have a few suggestions myself – I’ve had more experience than I would like to have had, in finding ways to blend into a society that may be hostile and dangerous.

I observe that a sudden influx of many unrelated exiles – a group as large as ours – could seem highly unusual, and seeming unusual in that way may not be the best of strategies.

Therefore perhaps several of us could be exiled for engaging in a conspiracy of some sort, accounting for why those individuals were all exiled at the same time.

Another consideration: The people on the island who are more likely to know what Lord Singorn wishes us to find out may be more highly placed in the society there, rather than lowly placed. For some of us to have access to such individuals may require arriving with a higher status – lords, for example – perhaps an advantage to you, Lord Kensington! Or rich merchants, or masters of certain skills, or some other reason for a high status that has legitimate value to that society. Sheer fighting proficiency may provide some status, but not necessarily so – as you well know from our own society.

However, we may not wish to restrict ourselves only to hobnobbing with the high, there. Some lower status contacts may also be useful. So we may wish to coordinate our stories in that way, to have some with access to higher society, and some with access to lower society, and some with access to the guilds and trades, and so forth, to aid the completeness of our investigation.

Particular professions may also be useful: political and economic advisors, advisors in militia and security, highly skilled craftsmen in crafts that are valued, all of these are flexible stories that provide status and access where others might not be able to go.

For myself, for example, I might come with the story of being a high lady’s or lord’s maid who learned something she should not, and was exiled as a mercy in preference to death, with the memory blocked by Lord Singorn himself. Thus I could be perceived as not a criminal, but trustworthy, and at the same time be given access to observe the highly placed in society from the inside, with potentially even greater freedom of movement than a lord might have due to the difference in responsibilities. Maids carrying laundry or market baskets can be nigh invisible in society, sometimes even invisible to the one they serve. Perhaps I might be the personal maid of one of you… Lord Kensington, perhaps if you choose such a story… and then carry your status with me wherever I go. Or I might seek employment to penetrate a situation.

Agente Merrion, you may be able to give us some direction in these plots.

I do not suggest all details must be worked out before we leave; we have plenty of time to discuss the details as we travel. However, if there are any stories that require help from Lord Singorn to be made seemingly true, then we must consider them before we go.

For the story I suggested for myself, for example, I would willingly give up some trivial memory for Lord Singorn to block it from my mind, so that in truth I carried a God-Warded memory. Such would lend credence to my story, if I were magically tested by an adept on the island.

In that case, I would need Lord Singorn to take care of the matter before we leave. I also intend to use more than one layer of disguise, not overly complicated but still thorough. For example, rather than using magic alone to change my hair color, a signature of my present appearance as CaraVela, I will dye it dark by non-magical means. Disguise by only one means has a single point of failure; I would prefer some redundancy of disguise, to guard against failure.

You may need some mundane or magical help for disguise in keeping with your story, particular resources you must acquire to take with you – or Lord Singorn may have resources to help us – if we can identify what might be flexible enough to be useful to bring from here, as we work out details as we travel.

Please think on these issues for yourselves!

And while you do… my Lord Singorn, I also have two side questions of some importance about the medallions, before we leave your presence.

First, does each only function for the individual to whom you have given it? If so, the medallions could provide a positive identification for each of us to each other, even if we are in disguise, invisible, or otherwise concealed, and likewise provide a positive identification of others to whom you have given medallions, proving to us they too are your agents. This could be quite useful, especially if a medallion is taken from us by guile or force – we would not want our communications to be pierced by outsiders through stolen medallions, or enable them to falsely identify themselves as your agents.

A companion question: You spoke of the medallions communicating our delegated authority to your priests. Is that merely by their physical presence as symbols, or do the priests sense your touch upon the medallions, or… can any such medallion communicate with any other you may have given other representatives… or can the medallions in this set only communicate within the set? If all of your medallion bearers can communicate in this way, their usefulness for authentication is enhanced, as well as the enhanced passing of information secretly. Or as an intermediate capability, at the least, can one medallion bearer sense the medallion of another medallion bearer, even if they may not be able to communicate with each other directly through their medallions if they are not from the same set?

Finally, if they are not so designed, could you make them so, at least for the ones we bear for you? The capability for positive identification, and for sensing and correctly identifying hidden or disguised allies at some range, could be a powerful asset to us.

And I suppose I do have one more question, more for the Centurion, Agente, Bruce, the Magus, the others of you with more experience as warriors than I: Are there items or magic of war, or of defense in war, that we should acquire on our own, or that we must request of Lord Singorn, to take with us to prepare us best for battle on his behalf, if battle is what we must do, in the end?>

Once again, CaraVela’s pure high-speed thought and images finish her communication so it is done quickly; not much time passes despite the amount of content.

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
Sensing mood is unusual for CaraVela, who finds other creatures to be relatively opaque in their motivations.

However, sensing mood in this room at this moment is pretty easy – even she can’t miss it – and the sense around the room is not in favor of any further delay. CaraVela adds soundlessly, sending to everyone except Liltar:

<Or perhaps, my Lord Singorn, since it seems few will brook further delay… if we could arrange with you a way to receive Magic, or some items, along our route at some point in time, but well before we pass the curtain, then perhaps we can leave you now and still have some opportunity to support what inspirations we may have upon more deliberative reflection, or rectify any critical omissions.

Then that arrangement is all we would need do now, and we could get underway immediately.>

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2013, 05:15:10 PM »
((Ok, executive decision to move along.))

"Certainly, CaraVela, I can transmit certain items to you while you are in transit, if it should prove necessary.

If that is all, then I suggest you begin your journey as soon as possible. Gather your things and return here; I will have a portal prepared to take you to Landsdown, where a ship awaits your embarkation."

You make your respective preparations ((in the OOC thread, if necessary -- you can adjust gear and things now that you know what the mission is)), then return to the Solarium, where the God-king waits by a swirling blue opening. With his final blessing, you cross the portal into a large, shadowed chamber. A priest of the God-king is there to receive you, a rotund man sweating profusely in summer heat.

He bows awkwardly, his voice hoarse and breathless. "My lords and ladies, welcome to Landsdown! I am Cordon Blyless. Your ship awaits, if you are prepared to leave."

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »
(click to show/hide)