Author Topic: Legend of Grimrock  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Legend of Grimrock
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »
I got Legend of Grimrock a while back in a Humble Indie Bundle, but I've only recently had the time to play it. Has anyone else tried this game?

I keep feeling the urge to restart with a new set of characters around when I hit the 3rd dungeon level. Misspent skill points here, a potentially better build there, etc.

Is it just me, or is it easier to see in the darkness than it is in flickering torchlight? With the brightness on my screen at maximum, I can still see everything within 3-5 squares perfectly well. Plus, it makes it easier to see secret walls (sometimes, if they have a light source behind them, the wall will glow in the darkness).

Enchanting arrows seems very tedious for minor benefit. You have to move them to your mage, cast the spell, put them back on your archer, and re-equip your mage. Then, once you use them, they turn back into normal arrows, thus preventing the auto-pickup from working. The damage boost doesn't seem worth the effort, especially since it could even be a damage penalty when you factor in resistances.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Grimrock
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »
The entire game is a throwback to the old "hardcore" dungeon crawls. Unfortunately, user-unfriendly =/= fun hardcore. The rune system is the GOOD kind of awkward. Enchanting arrows is the bad kind.