Author Topic: Warforged and Armour Additions  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
Warforged and Armour Additions
« on: May 31, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »
I had just been re-reading warforged racial abilities and feats for a possible future character idea, and it stated that the armoured body stuff takes up the body slot, as worn armour normally does.  But then I thought about the chahar-aina and the dastana from OA and how they can be worn in addition to armour and specifically stack with it.  Obviously the game designers had not taken this into account when they wrote up the warforged, but as written it would appear that both armour additions could be worn by a warforged regardless of which armoured body feat (or the base composite plating) he had.

Composite plating, or the feats which alter it, are not actually worn armour, and therefore the limited list of armours that the dastana and chahar-aina can be worn with does not apply.  Especially since neither takes up the body slot.

Now, one could extrapolate the intent behind the chahar-aina and dastana, and given their list of allowed armours are all light, I would say it is reasonable to disallow a warforged with the Adamantine Body feat to wear them.  But the rest of the Body feats from RoE count as light armour or no armour, and should be allowed.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: Warforged and Armour Additions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 05:01:21 PM »
CapQ's EVD has a bunch more of those ... like a Robot Beekeeper.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 02:16:30 AM »
Not the bees!
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »
Due to the MiC allowing generics, that is the more common needed power ups to be added at normal cost to pretty much any item, you can wrap your Warforged in a +1 Blinding see through Toga that is supposed to be your Shirt of Wraithstalking anyway and still Enhance your Composite Plating with something else.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 04:54:46 PM »
Due to the MiC allowing generics, that is the more common needed power ups to be added at normal cost to pretty much any item, you can wrap your Warforged in a +1 Blinding see through Toga that is supposed to be your Shirt of Wraithstalking anyway and still Enhance your Composite Plating with something else.

I'm pretty sure the toga would go in the body slot (armour & robes), which is unavailable to warforged (except for those with Unarmoured Body), while the shirt goes in the torso slot, which is available.  You got those backwards.

But the point is that a warforged with Mithral Body could also get a chahar-aina and dastana, giving him an extra +2 AC, as well as giving him a total of 3 enchantable armours.  For instance his composite plating could have +5 and Nimbleness, the chahar-aina could be +1 and Heavy Fortification, and the dastana could be +1 and Soulfire.

What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.