Author Topic: The Crown's Coterie (Team Bonnie IC)  (Read 11809 times)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Re: The Crown's Coterie (Team Bonnie IC)
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »
Reilynn rushes to the scene, carrying a coffin on her back and Vira in her arms so much like a doll. "Okay, okay. We're here put me down!" the pixie says as the Android comes to a halt. She pushes her way out of her arms, though there wasn't much resistance in the first place. "I was just trying to get us here quickly, but it still seems we're late." the colorfully dressed android says, point at the already departing group. Vira's face turns from the small grin that was forming into a frown. She starts crying, "I missed an actual manifestation of the goddess? Nuuuu...." Reilynn headpats her and starts walking again. "Come on, they are already on there way." She jogs a few feet to catch up, Vira slowly flying to catch up.

"Sorry we're late, erm. It just sort of happens with her. I'm Reilynn, no on important, but this is Elvira Ferrothorn. She's a entry level priestess to the church of the Harmonious Goddess." she would stop and let the vampiric priestess mage to catch up, hoping the other do as well. Before getting up to the group she would pull out a handkerchief from her black and white dress with purple accent and wipe her tears. She quietly clears her throat and flies in front of Reilynn. She bows as she hovers, "Pleasure to meet all of you. For any of you who would care to get to know me well enough, my friends call me Vira."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 05:14:16 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 06:18:39 AM »
It’s a fine quiet night as you make your way to the walls of  Portimão, a mostly clear sky with the moon shining down on you with just a couple clouds. There don’t seem to be any lights inside the city, which seems somewhat unusual.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
Too quiet, really.

"A belated pleasure to meet you, Vira and Reilynn. I'm Hector.

I was thinking about our current information status and it just occurred to me that our predecessors were probably ambushed outside city limits."

A tiny bat with adorable, rounded features springs into existence and flies overhead.

"We don't know too much about whether they made it into town or not, but intel of their last moments suggests they were attacked unexpectedly. The lack of information about the city itself from any source tells us they didn't make it far, either - otherwise some errant escapee would have made it back to their masters. Bonnie claimed there were servants of her amid them, which suggests vampires, meaning a nighttime attack is most plausible.

Does that seem correct to any of you?"
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 03:48:16 PM »
"Hmmm?" the angel absentmindedly responds, mildly distracted at the, to him, hilarious sight of a bull stalking its prey. "Humm, heh, sure. Probably kiddo. Sounds like you know whats up then."

Decus drinks heavily from his bottle, but otherwise proceeds as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening. Hahah, giant cows pretending to be hunters, HAH!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2019, 03:37:37 AM »
"What are you talking about? I was merely conjuring up a hypothetical scenario. Or do you mean to tell me we're surrounded already?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 10:41:12 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 03:45:39 PM »
Decus waves off Hector's question. "Nah, just commenting on how well you're thinking it through, kiddo. Keep it up."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 07:23:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2019, 05:20:33 PM »
The fact that it was possible others where keeping quiet on purpose went over her head as much as the possibility that Decus was trying to be an ass. Pulling at one of the rods hanging from her side, she informs of what she has noticed, "Well, something is definitely falling us. Surprisingly quietly for something so big. Even if they don't mean to attack us I rather be prepared either way." She channels her spell through the rod, which cause tiny white particles to come from midair and consolidate to white breastplates on her companions before disappearing. Reilynn gets into a more combat ready position, with what was seemingly bracelets forming into wrist mounted guns of some sort.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 09:23:10 AM »
"Oh, is that so? Very well, Nitinol, be ready," Carnelian states, looking around at the darkness, "Perhaps our foes are beasts, too unintelligent to introduce themselves?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »
"Not the most absurd notion." Hector says, and from under his cloak he produces a violin.

"They do say music soothes savage beasts. But if these are the kind that I think, then they can be docile... on their way to the grave."

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 05:07:52 AM »
Just as Hector begins his nocturne performance, the two beasts Decus and Vira had noticed break out their cover and start rushing at you in perfect synchronization with the vampire’s music, as if it was all part of a well prepared stage play.

Then the two beasts you hadn’t noticed crash in seemingly out of nowhere, a massive bloody bull goring and stomping in Hector while a titanic carmine eagle tears at the evading Decus with its beak and talons!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:31:44 AM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
(click to show/hide)

"Bloody birds are bullshit!" Decus shouts as he bleeds profusely from his wounds, dramatically increasing in size and presence in his anger. His hands start glowing, becoming surrounded by a ring of light that he then throws at three of the four beasts. "I'm going to cut your damn wings off for that!"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 06:25:55 AM by ketaro »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »
Hector finds himself gored by two separate bulls, but somehow does not miss a single note.

"...ow."

And he smiles.

"Thank you. It's not every day a steak dinner comes running to me. What's that word Vice-Principal Ai likes so much? Ah yes...

...Itadakimasu."

Whirling about with the force of the very blows that struck him, the diminute vampire's legs seem to gain a reach and a potency very much unlike what his small frame suggests he should be able to muster. As he does, heavy blows rain upon the side of one of the bulls. His feet move with a grace that belies the weight of each blow, which strangely causes the bull to bleed from each impacted area as if struck by blades.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 06:05:50 PM »
"Yes, beasts..." Carnelian says, sighing and stretching her hand sideways, a spear of crimson energy emerging from her palm. "Nitinol, cage the bull."

The maid nods, throwing a series of gleaming knives that bounce erratically off of invisible surfaces, attempting to chain the larger of the beasts in place--whilst her mistress simply stabs away at it.

Note: any undead within 100' gain +2 to saves and +2 to attack due to Desecrate.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 03:14:35 PM »
Even though she was partially aware of the situation, she definitely didn't expect what showed up. Her first reaction was to nuke, but she couldn't very well do that with the vicinity of the enemies. She looks up at enemies, used to being the smallest thing around but rarely actually having to do so. As she decides which enemy to target she realizes something is accelerating her metabolism in a familiar way despite her using none of her power to activating it. She also notices the pleasant feeling of a Desecrate spell. Definitely curious the sources of these things, she through it from the forefront of her mind and thinks back on what to do. "Oh! I can hit them all!" And perhaps she could give the group some cover as well. She momentarily stiffens her pose. The odd scroll in her hand seemed to be composed of glowing symbols rather than any sort of page, and it glows as she ways her arms. A wall of red mist appears on the battlefield, set in a way that will best be likely to hit all the enemies. The mist burst into flames when directly striking a foe.

Reilynn didn't take a much time to think, a combination of mechanical though mixing with her personality. She targets the two nearest enemies and lets out a burst of bullets at each one from her bracelet guns.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 01:02:56 AM »
The beasts attempt to hit Decus rings as they close in but only manage to hurt themselves in their sharp edges. One Bloody Bull and Carmine Eagle manage to break free right away, but the other massive bird is left shackled, squeaking in clear anger.

Vira’s mist flares up over the battlefield, harmlessly passing over the other party members while causing the beast’s fur to catch fire, and although their tough flesh doesn’t burn easily, the magic is still strong enough to burn them badly. They all endure the pain, clearly just as tough as their size suggests.

Carnelian quickly realizes one of the bloody fulls is weakened enough that she spots an opening to punch a hole in its wounded chest followed by impaling the exposed heart inside. However as the beast breathes its last, it dissolves in a foul vapor that wraps around Carnelian before dissipating, but leaving her body and mind momentarily dulled with the bloody bull’s dying pain, a living agony she never expected to experiment again.

Hector closes in swiftly with the last Bloody Bull as Reilynn and Nitinol-7 provide covering fire. The bullets do little more than distract the beast while the silver knives seem to have some trouble penetrating its thick hide, but when they do draw blood it is with some sizzling as the pure metal reacts with their evilness. Hector himself finds the rare steak a bit tough, but otherwise surprisingly tasty, with hints of hate and anger far above one could expect of a wild or even trained beast. Those are clearly not simple animal-level souls.

While one Carmine Eagle struggles to break free from its binding ring, the other tries to resume clawing and pecking at Decu, its  beak even glowing with an ominous crimson energy, but the angel warrior easily dodges and deflects the attacks now that he can see them coming.

The last Bloody Bull grunts loudly, its hooves starting to glow with the same crimson color before it slams them violently in the ground, foul blood bursting violently from the earth in front of it and covering the party! The air itself seems to become sluggish as the profane liquid falls down, making it harder to hear or even focus in anything.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:57:42 PM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2019, 03:27:01 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2019, 10:31:17 AM »
Where for a second there was Carnelian, there is only a bat--but once again the vampire standing there and looking livid. "Die."

She throws the glimmering scarlet spear, seemingly twice, and it draws behind it a line of bloodied chains as it slams into the side of the bull.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »
Reilynn had been around Vira long enough to be able to tell her magics weren't as efficient as they were supposed to. And of course her guns weren't strong enough either... She'd have to try something with more oof to it. Her shoulder flips open as an impressive yet slender cannon unfolds and she releases three blasts, aiming at a spot past the enemies hoping to get as many of them as possible without blasting the group itself.

Vira's senses where overcame by the odd ooze, leaving her unable to do anything for a brief time.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)