Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 51526 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »
I presume the rolls are just to identify the last guy? XD

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »
and the planet... up for the gm.. forgot to ask him when i talked to him today XD ... been a bit busy at work :p
There is no sanity just different degree of madnes

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:36 AM »
Her question is more 'how do you know the Orks are coming before the Orks get there' than 'how do you know it's Damaris'. XD

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2014, 12:56:09 PM »
So... we don't know where the Orks are...

Hey, can we use our Orky mechanic as a radar? :O

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
we do know where the orks will be :D ... i suggest an preemptive exterminatus on that planet :D...
and also ...  fun fact :D .. orks are just a delicious type of killer fungus :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »
I think Exterminatus is out of the question, both as beyond our authority and something that Aurelia would never order against a world with a holy relic. >.>

I'm not so sure about the 'delicious' thing, especially because if it's still there it will probably try and kill you.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
I've set up a rolling thread, from now on all rolls should go here:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=12608.new#new

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »
Is our techpriest not going to fill me in? :p

I apparently suck at ork knowledge. :lmao

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2014, 05:39:45 AM »
he did :p .. apparently he knows as much or even more about orks, than the ork :)) ... dangerous mushrooms than can spread out of control and once they shed their spores on a planet you are never quite rid of them XD ... can provide additional info about orks if you guys want, ... read a bit on them...i personally hate them since they have the most badly written fluff of all the races in warhammer, basically each and everyone of them is a mini neo, (from matrix), as they can actually alter how physics  work on them. For example some orks weapons when taken apart by mechanicum adepts, where actually empty inside, apart from a few nuts and bolts, and simply worked because orks believed that they worked.

my post :

01011000, leans near the captain, I have located an extensive data coil containing information regarding orks in my data coils, the problem may be more severe than expected, is seems that planets under attack by orks, if not thoroughly cleansed are under risk of repeated ork invasions, due to the fact that they multiply via spores, and given enough time after an invasion, the spores will evolve into new orks and the risk of an invasion will reappear, my suggestion is that we evacuate the relic to a new location to avoid further risk. The priesthood of mars had undertook studies on the orks in order to prevent them from further threatening the sacred forge worlds after an invastion. I can provide more information on the subject with your approval, such information is confidential and i highly doubt it that the good deacon would appreciate me possessing it

lordblades post:

OOC: Both 01011000 and Ortzhaka can fill the rest of the group in on the basic stuff about Orks:

-orks are extremely warlike, pretty much everything they do revolves around battle, violence and  being 'da'biggest'
-they're extremely resilient physically, surviving injuries that would irremediably cripple most other known species
-they multiply with amazing speed

Additionally, Xerael knows quite a few more bits of information:

-Orks multiply by spores, which they shed from their own bodies quite often, so every place an ork has been for a while has toe potential to have orks popping up after a while
- Apart from having their own psykers, the Ork race seems to also have some sort of species-wide latent psychic energy, as some things that make no apparent sense work merely because the orks as a whole think they do. Notable examples include red ork vehicles reaching greater speeds, yellow painted rockets being more destructive, and most of Ork technology.

Feel free to pass on this information to the rest of the party as you see fit :P

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2014, 03:44:54 PM »
Well, orks know that kind of thing intuitively-and have you ever  tried explaining inuition? He dosen't know why his gun works-he just knows that that's how you build a gun. What do you mean the firing mechanism is in backwards? What's a trigger?

As far as party role goes, I plan to draw enemy fire and provide backup tech support.

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
no no .. what i meant was that technologically it wasn't supposed to work, there was just a trigger but no discernible firing system, the gun literally spat the bullets just because the ork wielding it thought it would work, and also forget eldar, forget necrons, orks are THE oldest race in warhammer :)) 

as a build ... well :)) that is more .... interesting :)) ... lordblades knows the build, basically i'll be the main tech and ranged dps char, with a few secret ace's up my sleeve ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:16:48 PM by Xerael »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »
I can't really reply too well from my phone and the uni has had its Internet Broken all day. So... Hopefully a post tomorrow!

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2014, 07:07:41 PM »
no no .. what i meant was that technologically it wasn't supposed to work, there was just a trigger but no discernible firing system, the gun literally spat the bullets just because the ork wielding it thought it would work, and also forget eldar, forget necrons, orks are THE oldest race in warhammer :)) 

as a build ... well :)) that is more .... interesting :)) ... lordblades knows the build, basically i'll be the main tech and ranged dps char, with a few secret ace's up my sleeve ;)

Of course. That's why I brought up Ork guns without a trigger or firing mechanism, that still functioned. Because DA WAAAAAGH.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2014, 06:11:18 AM »
So, as both of you have communicated the captain what you know, we're waiting for a post from Raineh Daze to move on.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2014, 06:18:14 AM »
Remind me sooner, damn it. XD

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2014, 04:07:58 AM »
In effect, you get whatever your ship needs to get underway ASAP plus a total of 5 automatic acquisition with a total modifier of +0 to divide as you see fit. It works much like the starting acquisition except you're not limited to a single item and it has to be something that's reasonable to use to combat the Orks.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2014, 08:06:54 AM »
Well, I have no idea what to acquire. XD

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
pancakes :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
Any kind of drugs or something that'd come in handy? :O

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »
DO ALL THE DRUGS!!! ... on a more serious note, not really, drugs aren't that great, some dark eldar ones are very nice (an extra melee attack), i'm going for a shinier gun myself :D, or maybe a auger array implant, for scanning :p, but it's not that useful against orks, a plasma bolt to face tends to be more efficient