Author Topic: The Artifact Crown [D&D 3.5] 10th level gestalt campaign Interest Check.  (Read 31602 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Humm.....strange how that worked out.... I'll admit i can live entirely without the pure crafting afterall; that is a huge bump on this character defensive-wise. I only used it because didnt want to lose s class feature but i guess i have enough. Lemme drop all the pure metal and see how it looks.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Plus I'm not sure how you got the pure shield in the first place since Honest Crafting only applies to light armor and weapons.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Oh, I fully expect them to act with only as much loyalty as they can exchange for favors. THEY'RE VAMPIRES, THESE FUCKERS ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY!!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Given that my class abilities give me enough versatility and stats anyway, I'm trying to work out how to dispose of WBL.

I was thinking buildings (page 101 of the DMG) but there's nothing between grand house and mansion. :lmao

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
"The fastest way to become a millionaire is to start with two millions and an airline." There are airships in the setting after all.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Oh, I fully expect them to act with only as much loyalty as they can exchange for favors. THEY'RE VAMPIRES, THESE FUCKERS ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY!!

So may I suggest a curriculum?
-Blood Economy.
-Dungeon Decoration.
-Gaze Geometrics.
-Proper posture and speech for monologuing.
-Minion management.

Given that my class abilities give me enough versatility and stats anyway, I'm trying to work out how to dispose of WBL.

I was thinking buildings (page 101 of the DMG) but there's nothing between grand house and mansion. :lmao

Why not an airship? Take your home with you!

Damn ninja'd by Skyrock!

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Question: Is Kethrian's Revised Hexblade legal?

(Only interested into the first 3 levels, ignore the rest of the class.)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Ok.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Plus I'm not sure how you got the pure shield in the first place since Honest Crafting only applies to light armor and weapons.

Shields fall under armorsmithing? I guess i figured it gives me the feat and max ranks in one of the two skills, then i put my own ranks into the other and i have the feat so i did everything? Unless the class feature is suppose to be more restrictive than that.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
So an airship, a parasol, and a spare coffin. :D

And this should cover appearance.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Honestly I'm happier having my 1st level sorcerer spells back than having pure metal lol.

I just need to fill in 2 of my now empty savage slots and I think I look a lot better. Pure metal really bumped my power by almost double.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Is Android allowed? How does enchanting the built in weapon work? (I haven't gotten to that stuff yet).

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Update: After speaking with Oslecamo, Artificer won't work here. I am now a Primalexicon 10//Factotum 10
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:03:26 PM by Nytemare3701 »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Right. So the picture I have in mind for this guy is a vampire that kicks people in the face while playing one or more musical instruments. (Yes, he's going to have a bard level in there somewhere.)

So I figured, why not grab a couple levels of monk in order to make up for the requirements for Vampire. A question then occurs: can I retrain a first-level feat after I've used it to qualify for Vampire, while still having that same feat granted by a later level? (Or: can I have Combat Reflexes granted from one side of the gestalt by level 2 monk and retrain Combat Reflexes as a first-level feat from a flaw?)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
A first preliminary look at the mechanical side of my build.

Notes:
1. I lied, I actually took 4 levels of revised Hexblade :P
2. Took Decisive Strike ACF on the assumption that Chain Rakes as natural weapons are equivalent to unarmed strikes
3. Took Wolf Berserker feat on the assumption that Sohei Ki-Frenzy qualifies for the rage requirement
4. Will very likely shuffle the exact point in time when each class combination is taken around when I get down to skill ranks, but the overall distribution stands Skill ranks distributed, no changes incoming.
5. Have still one domain choice open as I have no idea about the deities in the milieu, especially of if Bonnie is open to LE followers and what domains she provides. Might have to follow a different allied deity or achdevil then

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:28:49 AM by Skyrock »

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
So my plan at this point is Kasha Scholar 10 // Rogue 3/ Swashbuckler 7.
Party wise would be best if I was in a party that had a melee buddy for flanking.

I could work with the bonnie faction but it just seems weird to follow her when your race views vampire ashes as a seasoning.
Otherwise no real preference between factions.

The question that I need to ask, where will this campaign fall on the silly/serious scale?
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
I didnt think things sounded like theyd be silly, imo

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
Hey osle - I'd like to join if you still have spots open? I'm not quite sure what I'd play yet, but it'll be something using maneuvers I think. I'm new to gestalting but I'm fairly well entrenched on the discord (and 3.5 in general) and love researching and improving my characters, so unless you think otherwise, hopefully I'll be able to get something that's good enough for this campaign. I think I might also nab some levels in your homebrew monsters - they look super interesting.

Anyhow, let me know :)

Edit: apparently I'm a massive lurker - I've been on these forums for ages and somehow this is my first post. Who'da thunk it?