Author Topic: Anime & Manga 4: Brotherhood  (Read 282393 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Anime & Manga 4: Brotherhood
« Reply #980 on: November 01, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #981 on: November 02, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »
Flags to determine what characters are gonna kick the bucket soon in an anime/manga where people die when they're killed:

-You're the main character's mentor? You're already dead.

-You're a cold character that mocks those around you for caring about others, but as the episodes progress you start developing feelings of your own and gaining emotions for the rest of your group? You're already dead.

-You're a shy secondary character that usually hangs on the background but starts gaining the courage to realize your feelings for somebody else and make a move on them? You're already dead.

-You're a non-human being that is usually isolated but now you're discovering a humanity of your own? You're already dead.

-You only joined the show mid-season? You're so fucking already dead.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #982 on: November 02, 2014, 07:55:24 PM »
Flags to determine what characters are gonna kick the bucket soon in an anime/manga where people die when they're killed:

-You're the main character's mentor? You're already dead.

-You're a cold character that mocks those around you for caring about others, but as the episodes progress you start developing feelings of your own and gaining emotions for the rest of your group? You're already dead.

-You're a shy secondary character that usually hangs on the background but starts gaining the courage to realize your feelings for somebody else and make a move on them? You're already dead.

-You're a non-human being that is usually isolated but now you're discovering a humanity of your own? You're already dead.

-You only joined the show mid-season? You're so fucking already dead.

"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #983 on: November 06, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »
Well, Naruto is finally over. Now to wait until the Anime also finishes and finally get it over with.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 06, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
It had to end sometime, it's just too bad it took so long.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 06, 2014, 10:14:36 PM »
Well, Naruto is finally over. Now to wait until the Anime also finishes and finally get it over with.
Which Anima? I think the Japanese dub is a year or two behind the Manga and hte English dub another two and a half behind on top of that. :p

Nice epilogue through. You get to see most of the hookups and kids, Bolt was spoiled years ago through.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »
Thank god it paired he two worst characters with each other, at least.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 06, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »
Its really too bad about the spinoff Naruto manga thats gonna be starting up in it's place tho :(

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 06, 2014, 11:50:43 PM »
WHY WILL HE NOT LET IT DIE.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2014, 12:49:58 AM »
Gotta milk that cash cow, brah.

But in all fairness, it's a new series and i won't be picking it up. So i don't really care either way.

The truth is, Naruto's universe isn't really all that interesting. Kishimoto has already explored almost all that he could about it, and i don't see the new series bringing anything if not more of what we already had.

BUT, people like new. And this series will probably become successful and attract all the children that weren't old enough to be around when Naruto first started all those years ago.

I'm 24 going on 25 now, and the truth is Shounen simply doesn't have the same appeal for me now as it did back in 06'. I stopped following Naruto back on 600~ or so, whatever chapter the Ninja War started, and i had stopped following the anime even earlier. But i followed it for so long that i knew when it ended i would go right back to reading it to find closure.

Amusingly enough, i didn't feel the same way about Bleach, simply because the end of the Aizen thing was enough closure for me that i don't feel any need to continue reading it past that point.

One Piece is the only Shounen that really gets my attention nowadays, and it's been nearly 3 months since i last saw an episode (i don't follow the manga). And unlike Naruto, i don't feel like it should end anytime soon.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 07, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.