Author Topic: Message Formatting Options Icons Disappeared.  (Read 3066 times)

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
Message Formatting Options Icons Disappeared.
« on: August 04, 2012, 03:52:39 AM »
The formatting options Icons have disappeared from above my submit message box. You know, the handy ones that allow easy Bolding, Font Size Adjustment, Color Change, etc.

Funny thing is they work just find in Google Chrome. How do I get them back for IE8?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: Message Formatting Options Icons Disappeared.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:13 AM »
I suggest getting a better browser than IE8... In any case I still have them all on firefox and on IE8 so its likley a settings issue on your part.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:57:47 AM »
I know IE8 isn't the best, but honestly it's the one I'm used to. Which settings would be the problem?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:32:30 AM »
I know IE8 isn't the best, but honestly it's the one I'm used to. Which settings would be the problem?

My guess is the "Use IE8 as my default browser" setting.

(just kidding)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 08:06:49 AM »
Well....it seems it might be malware.....

We're going to go ahead and hope like hell that AVG and Spybot Search & Destory will be good enough...

In all seriousness, it's not that big of a deal, it's just something mildly annoying that I want returned to the way it used to be.

Offline dipolartech

• Handy Haversack anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »
When I'm at work I actually don't see them either but thats because they are all img tags in the page html and I have an add on to chrome that stops my browser from loading img tags so I don't those 100000x100000 sized pictures blasted onto my screen so that everybody in the office can see them.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
Just so you know, Malwarebytes has a free version that is better than Spybot for basic malware.   :D

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »
I'll check it out, thank you.