Author Topic: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards  (Read 167569 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread IV-End of minmaxboards
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2017, 06:42:49 PM »
The Vita + Maug Weapon Graft + Super Robot Upgrade wouldn't work without using a particular build
Huh?
None-mech weapons still deal minimal damage to mechs, but your own mecha/power suit allows you to count your natural weapons as mecha ones.
Also are your Grafts channeled like Class Features are as well? Like if I pick up Serpent Fangs to add poison to a bite attack, does the mech's channeled-dragon's bite also gain poison?
I had a ruling that a class ability (the Charisma Drain) that gives additional effects to a natural weapon can be applied on a mecha weapon that isn't a natural weapon through the Amplifier upgrade (though turns out that the ability doesn't apply to the natural weapons after all, but any weapon). Grafts can be channeled through a mecha as much as a magic item, and there is no mention that they can. But then again there is no mention that racial abilities can be channeled either and there is confirmation that they do, so it's unclear.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »
I meant that the Versatile super robot upgrade can only be applied to a built-in weapon. A natural weapon is not a built-in weapon. Neither are arsenal weapons. Nor are any weapon gained by a racial/class ability that doesn't specifically mention that the weapon is a built-in weapon. It is a class of weapon mostly exclusive to Real Robot models and those the super robot starts with and gains such as with the Extra super robot upgrade.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
Wondering now if the stuff that was on the market last time still is around and available for purchase.

Don't really have time to make a fresh list so yes you can assume everything from last time is still up for grabs.

I meant that the Versatile super robot upgrade can only be applied to a built-in weapon. A natural weapon is not a built-in weapon. Neither are arsenal weapons. Nor are any weapon gained by a racial/class ability that doesn't specifically mention that the weapon is a built-in weapon. It is a class of weapon mostly exclusive to Real Robot models and those the super robot starts with and gains such as with the Extra super robot upgrade.

Correct.

Battleship's beam cannons, missiles and anti-air batteries would count too.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »
So, anyone planning to actually buy those exclusive items?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2017, 08:07:43 PM »
Mao's sending her secretary to fetch the Daylight Scars. Might go for a special drink too but there's no limit to those.
Everyone should buy at least one monomate.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
Good, that was the one I wasn't going to get. Specifically I wanted the Gur Bazga Nacht and Vita Hachet. Also how much do they weight?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:02:24 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »
Kat's just gonna order some pure mercury daggers online. I think I was also looking at a small shield of pure mythril cause I can actually still use that in nanoarmor/TWFing. I hear Amazon does shipping by drone now ;)

If I remember correctly, only up to Masterwork quality Pure Metal was available, right?

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2017, 03:43:15 PM »
Wait, we can order stuffs?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2017, 03:51:49 PM »
Have you heard of this fancy thing called the "Internet"? :p

My post was just in relation to a request many many months ago about if there was any Pure Metal items on the market and I got an answer like only up to Masterwork. I've been trying to spend money from loot split ever since before Mythweavers' big 'ol screw up that rolled back character sheets by 6 months. That was a dang long time ago and I'm only just now finally deciding on what to buy -_-'

Altho in a serious response, yes, I believe you can order non-standard equipment but it'd have a wait time for pickup because needing to be crafted? At least, that was the deal with wanting Pure Metal equipment higher than Masterwork; having to wait for it to be crafted to order.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:53:20 PM by ketaro »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
If you want both the Gur Bazga Nacht and Vita Hachet, that's fine, but don't forget that:
Photon Tech-This weapon works by condensing nearby ambient light. It can be drawn or put away as a free action 1/round, but you can only have one such weapon equipped at a time.
So you might have to drop/stash one before you can use the other.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
If you want both the Gur Bazga Nacht and Vita Hachet, that's fine, but don't forget that:
Photon Tech-This weapon works by condensing nearby ambient light. It can be drawn or put away as a free action 1/round, but you can only have one such weapon equipped at a time.
So you might have to drop/stash one before you can use the other.

I'm quite aware. I don't think things in my Handy Haversack count as equipped. Oh, and I bought Gur Bazga for my maid cohort...

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »
Ah, a cohort, excellent. If we need to deliberately trigger a trap, that's another body to throw into it. :D

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »
Ah, a cohort, excellent. If we need to deliberately trigger a trap, that's another body to throw into it. :D

Nah, it's my PC's "little sister".

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
Slightly less expendable but still just a feat. :T

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
Mao's secretary can check for traps. Then we can throw people into 'hem.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2017, 10:39:10 AM »
@Anomander, ToB has Martial Items allowing you to learn Maneuvers but they very by Slot.

What Slot would Divine Flame? Neck (for throat & fire breathing)?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2017, 11:41:36 AM »
Given the character basis, I would expect arms.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »
I'd say whichever slot you want, really.
There isn't really a true rule on how body slot affinity is handled and so it falls to whatever makes sense. Many magic properties can be placed without penalty on more than one kind of body slot as well.
For maneuver magic items, the ToB pretty much made it clear that the disciplines' linked magic item vary so much in style that matters little where they go.
A ring always felt like an always suitable place to put that kind of ability.

Ring, Hand (one glove that uses both hands' item slot), Arms work too for the same reason... maybe Throat for a nuclear-dragon-made variant or even the nuclear chest-eye. One could also argue in the favor of the Shoulder slot because of the space-vision cloak or even Head for the tattered ribbon. She also has special footwear... When it comes to Utsuho and distinctive gear, the options abound.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:54:40 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2017, 05:03:28 AM »
Soro: I was glancing around the character sheets and you seem to have misread Steel Arcanist. It doesn't make you a tristalt character where real pilot levels will grant you full spells on top of maneuvers and whatnot.  The real pilot levels themselves only count for CL and helping you reach higher spells, but don't grant any spells of their own (that's why there's the "wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a Arcane Pilot 3 however" clause). Consult the table right above and under Neo Divinity to see how many base spell slots you can end up with. It would be a single line of your choice between level 1 and 14. So for example if you shift the arcane pilot level to last, you get base 3 7th level spell slots and 1 6th level spell slot, and no custom known spell because the arcane pilot doesn't learn any of those when going from level 13 to 14.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2017, 08:48:47 PM »
Soro: I was glancing around the character sheets and you seem to have misread Steel Arcanist.
Probably, given the part your talking about is a Real/Divine example and with the erroneous example text aside the Feat states you can count your Super Pilot and Real Pilot levels as levels of Arcane Pilot for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and getting new spell slots.

Hmm... It's a pickle to solve too. Like Real 5 / Arcane 1 would gain three 3rd level Slots but no 1st/2nd? Sounds like it can invalidate casting PrCs if I don't line up the desired Spell Levels for them.