Author Topic: Unearthed Arcana: Alternate Class Features  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Unearthed Arcana: Alternate Class Features
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
Link

I think this should have come out 5 years ago (Yes, it has been that long: 3E turns 20 next year). This late in the game it will never be properly supported.

Offline Wilb

• Elder Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Unearthed Arcana: Alternate Class Features
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 06:53:55 AM »
Link

I think this should have come out 5 years ago (Yes, it has been that long: 3E turns 20 next year). This late in the game it will never be properly supported.

Maybe I'd still be playing 5e if something like this continued to be dropped regularly instead of semi-useless books filling most of the year.
Lovely Zoma...

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »
That is some nice stuff, if only they would do this more often.
A lot of it does just look like straight upgrades you don't trade anything for?
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »
ahh what a  :D delicious snack
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 06:05:34 AM »
This ruins some builds and enables more.

First impression makes me realise that Life Cleric 1/Bard 6 for full plate aura of vitality at level 7 is now redundant. Life Cleric 5 does the same thing now. Because Paladin lost it's exclusive spells, and early access on those inherently stronger spells is available to clerics and druids.

Then the Warlock Necromancer comes in strong, with the ability to cast animate dead and also don full plate as an action.

The rogue has some sniper options now, Aim is great but it kind of takes away from Rangers.... although ranger got a bunch of nice stuff and are now more viable. My archery build just got stronger because everything got buffed.

Rogue/Fighter/Gloom stalker ranger - does a ton of burst in the surprise round, but now it can aim on subsequent rounds and has options like favoured foe and the ambush fighting style.

Speaking of fighting styles, you can use one fighting style to gain a maneuver, and then you can change which one you know whenever you take a long rest. Which opens up fun ideas, a fighter with at least two maneuvers who then gets into a combat lite social situation can swap out some combat ones for studious eye and silver tongue, and then get high deception, persuasion, investigation and insight checks.