Author Topic: Group 2, OOC  (Read 28389 times)

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Re: Group 2, OOC
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 12:11:25 AM »
Not to worry, you'll never hear Grugruk say he's a druid. :) best you might get is shaman.

Hopefully the image of how he's standing in the one stirrup isn't too convoluted.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:18:41 AM by geniussavant »
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
How much other traffic is there on the street we're walking down? So far I've been playing Korth as not trying particularly hard to keep his identity secret but he'd still probably stop short of blurting out "Dudz, I is a Dragonz!" to a street full of people.

A Dragonborn, and a Dire Wolf are clearly visible, what other people are out in the rain are giving you a wide birth. So unless you are yelling, or speaking really loudly, no-one outside the group is going to hear you. In-mechanical context, Listen DC 25 for the closest one, taking 10 for... less than that.

I'm assuming that the attitude of ordinary people towards dragons in this setting is pretty similar to other setting (OMFG, giant lizard monster, RUN!)
As the examples that are given in the Views from Outside section of the races. Some are more educated than that, some don't know how to react, most react like you present. Though, that goes mostly for when you are in that form, if you walked up to the average plebeian and said "hey, I'm a dragon", you'd be met with curiosity and / or confusion. The fact that dragons transfrom is reletively common knowledge, but it still isn't something that is thought about often, and if they make the connection (and don't just think you're a crazy person), then you might be met with a lot of additional fear, but they won't "Lizard Monster! Run!" unless you're in that form. Usually.

I'm just trying to play Fina from her perspective; distrustful of strangers, guarded, but still generally warm and outgoing.
:lol

Not to worry, you'll never hear Grugruk say he's a druid. :) best you might get is shaman.
[...]my friends here are Grik, my druidic companion, [...]

Hopefully the image of how he's standing in the one stirrup isn't too convoluted.

Not to me, but I've done that. I can't imagine, given the difference between doing that on a Walker compared to an Arab, how that would balance on a Dire Wolf, but I get the idea. Besides, I'm willing to bet your character is a much better rider than I at that point.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 02:32:31 PM »
I'm going to go through everyone's backstory and give back a few setting notes.
Would y'all rather I put it in a post, or in PMs?
All that this would be is notes of the setting around your character. It isn't much, and would not change anything about you or your character.

Just as a note, team 1 and team 2 are in parallel worlds. Not the same one. So if you guys blow up Pordalchoon, it's still there for them. If they kill the Elven Beast, it's still there for you. Crossover is theoretically possible, but I doubt it would happen any time soon.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »
Doesn't matter to me, always appriciate more details about the setting, so either way im looking forward to it.

Edit: does Grey's telapathy allow Grugruk to begin a conversation or just respond when Grey initiates?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:37:47 PM by geniussavant »
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
Edit: does Grey's telepathy allow Grugruk to begin a conversation or just respond when Grey initiates?
You can 'send' to him as you desire. SRD uses the terms 'communicate' and 'converse', so I'd say it's two-way.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
If you don't have a preference I'd go with posts. Giving everyone more info on the world seems like a good plan.

Somehow I doubt that the Elven Beast is going to be a level appropriate encounter for a bunch of 3rd lv characters... but maybe we could push it into a volcano or something.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
Somehow I doubt that the Elven Beast is going to be a level appropriate encounter for a bunch of 3rd lv characters... but maybe we could push it into a volcano or something.
I mean eventually, I doubt either team would do anything that the other would become aware of any time soon even if they were in the same world. It was more a general note for later though.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51:25 PM »
I could always try a wild empathy check... +14 bonus should be enough right?   :smirk

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 02:59:04 PM »
If you don't have a preference I'd go with posts. Giving everyone more info on the world seems like a good plan.

This.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 03:00:57 PM »
I could always try a wild empathy check... +14 bonus should be enough right?   :smirk

You'd have more success with Persuasion. Which is still none. Wild Empathy does not pertain.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »
It was a joke...

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »
It was a joke...

Oh, I got it, it was a reference to Tarrasque vs the level five party. The L5 Wizard flies above it, pelting it with rocks. The L5 Druid makes Big T his pet.

I just said what I did to reference the fact that it wasn't the Tarraque. I just finished writing it up. I had his theme song playing as I wrote it too. Feel free to peruse.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
Something like that. Kinda glad its not just a tarrasque remake :)

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
Something like that. Kinda glad its not just a tarrasque remake :)
Do you get what it is a remake of?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
Not really

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 10:07:28 PM »
Either a post or a pm is fine by me, makes no difference.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 02:21:33 AM »
As long-winded as I used to be, I hate writing out long winded character's talking.
And "Darkgrey" is not as "dark" as it should be, which really stands out in that wall of  :blah

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 02:31:40 AM »
On the Elven Beast: when you mentioned "bright white breath weapon that no one resists" and "mysteriously seems to show up wherever it wants" I thought that might be where you were going with it.

Depending on how closely you stuck to the source material it could be very relevant for Korth (of course he wouldn't know enough to make the connection yet but it has definite potential for later.)

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 02:59:17 AM »
On the Elven Beast: when you mentioned "bright white breath weapon that no one resists" and "mysteriously seems to show up wherever it wants" I thought that might be where you were going with it.

Depending on how closely you stuck to the source material it could be very relevant for Korth (of course he wouldn't know enough to make the connection yet but it has definite potential for later.)

So far as I know, Divine Flame and the Nuclear Dragon are the only things that are explicitly 'nuclear', and I used neither for him. Implicitly, however...
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
Mind going a bit more into depth about the second half of the background notes? And I kind of like option A more, but the other two would need a way to keep the rest of the tribe convinced otherwise.

Would Grugruk know of the orcish father the woman speaks of? Can't post until I know. Either way, he'll accept the scarf with a promise to do what he can to bring it back to its owner. I figure in his tribe being buried without proper attire would be taboo. Think Egypt and their death rituals, or a few of the native American tribes that bury warriors with their weapons.