Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 215230 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Campaign Discussion
« Reply #720 on: November 16, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »
Ghoma has line of effect to Pha to spit acid?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #721 on: November 16, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »
My bad, messed up her position when updating the map. Corrected version is up now.

Also, that's another hit from Rabbit! Gohma's still kicking around tough.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
Ah, makes sense now.
What is its elevation? Just to know what I can actually use against it. Not sure if pillars can be made off of walls, reaching out horizontally. Or even diagonally.

Also, am I supposed to guess how to remove the entanglement?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:09:03 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 17, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
We've already been over that, Pillars are only vertical (unless you would be in a place whitout any subject gravity). Also Pha's and Gohma's altitudes are in the IC, 40 feet and 75 feet.

Escaping the web will recquire, an Escape Artist check, a Str check, or dealing enough damage to destroy it.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 18, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »
Alrighty.

Well, guys. I'm in a bind.
I can deal more piercing/cold damage hoping they'll eventually shatter but if someone has some fire to send into 'dem webs it'd be great. I neglected to pick up some goron bombs and didn't even buy some tindertwigs (think I regret playing a character that doesn't like fire-sources?).

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #725 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
Alrighty.

Well, guys. I'm in a bind.
I can deal more piercing/cold damage hoping they'll eventually shatter but if someone has some fire to send into 'dem webs it'd be great. I neglected to pick up some goron bombs and didn't even buy some tindertwigs (think I regret playing a character that doesn't like fire-sources?).

Sending Fire up to visit the webs might be bad, since Fire tends to outstay its welcome and burn down the everything (IE: You). I was kinda hoping to keep it at bay but apparently this Gohma visited a store sometime and picked up some ranged attacks.

I'd rather not use the "Free Pha but at what cost" option of getting you out of those webs.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27:29 PM »
I doubt its worse than whatever might happen on its turn, tbh.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #727 on: November 18, 2013, 12:44:49 PM »
I doubt its worse than whatever might happen on its turn, tbh.

When you tell this story to your kids, I want it to be "And Rabbit valiantly tried to save me." as opposed to "And then that son of a bitch shot me." :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 18, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »
Fffsure  :rolleyes

Right now I'm too far from the healer, too far to deal any damage and just at the right place to get myself killed.
Not that I mind much as long as Jeremy doesn't get killed again.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #729 on: November 18, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »
Actually, here's a legit question: Would said stream of acid that Gohma just shared with Pha aid her in escaping the web?
Link to my homebrews

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 18, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »
I can't come up with a single thing to do to help Anomander.   :banghead

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 18, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »
Actually, here's a legit question: Would said stream of acid that Gohma just shared with Pha aid her in escaping the web?
Gohma's web is immune to her acid spit as far as you can tell.

Right now I'm too far from the healer, too far to deal any damage and just at the right place to get myself killed.
Hmm, I can see Undulation ray and Icicle Shot on your sheet able to reach Gohma right now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 02, 2013, 08:33:46 AM »
I realize now that Anomander is probably waiting for the result of Rabbit's shot.

Well, he hit the web whitout hitting Pha (and Rezbit hit Gohma). But altough it was damaged, the web didn't burn away instantly. Pha is still trapped. If she doesn't act whitin the next 24 hours, I'll assume she uses total defence.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 02, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
Oh. If the vortex happens to be damaging enough to get through the webbing, she'd move around a bit after.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 05, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »
As said above, Pha would move if she is freed from the webbings.
Can she see if there is even more webbing above her or does it seem like the webs around her area were removed? She didn't get a spot check as far as I know to see them on her way there so maybe they are invisible?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:00:58 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: December 06, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »
In case it wasn't clear, it's your turn again.

As said above, Pha would move if she is freed from the webbings.
However you declined to mention where or what distance or for what intention (closer to try to freeze Ghoma? Away for safety?). Thus it defaulted to null movement.

Can she see if there is even more webbing above her or does it seem like the webs around her area were removed? She didn't get a spot check as far as I know to see them on her way there so maybe they are invisible?
Pha (and the other party members) did get spot checks, it was just blundled in the middle of some of my rolls to speed things up. Plus, asking a player directly for a Spot check kinda spoils there's something hidden in the first place. :p

Anyway, there was some webbing around Pha, then the whole silk trap collapsed with the piled up damage the party inflicted, and now Gohma's weaved a new one that reaches all the way to the ground and still above Pha.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 07, 2013, 01:15:52 AM »
I know it is our turn again. I was waiting to know which movement I could have it if it was possible to move higher, in case there were more webbing in her way or not, which I had to wait a confirmation on. Especially if I needed a spot check for it.

I would have stated which movement I'd do once I knew whether or not the webbing broke and if there were more webs on the way. Which is why I said that in the ooc.
You just chose to ignore it and move things along. To speed things up? I usually respond pretty fast when I'm not waiting for answers.

If you roll our reaction spot checks for us instead of requesting them, we might wonder if you forgot and just threw the effect on us.
Or we have to trust that you're not fudging our dices. You're rolling for us. If you're gonna for us, go all the way; roll our initiatives, roll our saves. All of it.
 I am willing to trust and would like to be trusted in kind. You assume we metagame and react according to the need to roll spot checks so apparently that isn't the case.

Oh well. The new webs got damaged a bit on their way there, going through the vortex. Moving on.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 18, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
I'm honestly not sure what to do with Jeremy.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #738 on: December 18, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
... Everything Anomander Said...

Upvote.

When in doubt, make a Knowledge (Nature) roll or Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to see what you can learn about Gohma and apply said knowledge to help defeat it quickly. It's blind, but it has Tremorsense 120 or something, so maybe we just all need to fly and not touch invisible webs to confound it. Maybe it really hates loud noises so we all need to whistle really loud to drive it insane or maybe even ki... no wait, that was another monster altogether.
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 18, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »
I know it is our turn again. I was waiting to know which movement I could have it if it was possible to move higher, in case there were more webbing in her way or not, which I had to wait a confirmation on. Especially if I needed a spot check for it.

I would have stated which movement I'd do once I knew whether or not the webbing broke and if there were more webs on the way. Which is why I said that in the ooc.
Well, you could've just said "If the webbing breaks this way, move X in direction Y, if it breaks that way, move Z in direction M".

You just chose to ignore it and move things along. To speed things up? I usually respond pretty fast when I'm not waiting for answers.

If you roll our reaction spot checks for us instead of requesting them, we might wonder if you forgot and just threw the effect on us.
Or we have to trust that you're not fudging our dices. You're rolling for us. If you're gonna for us, go all the way; roll our initiatives, roll our saves. All of it.
I would be honestly tempted to do all the reactive rolling, but player usually have special/situational save/initiative boosters besides their basic combat stats, and I can't keep track of all of those, so I just give you the DCs for those and let you roll. Situational spot and listen are considerably more rare.

I am willing to trust and would like to be trusted in kind. You assume we metagame and react according to the need to roll spot checks so apparently that isn't the case.

Ok, you've shown that I can trust you, so if it bothers you that much, I'll be asking for spot/listen checks upfront from now on.

Buff alies? Wasn't that your character's new strategy?

When in doubt, make a Knowledge (Nature) roll or Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to see what you can learn about Gohma and apply said knowledge to help defeat it quickly. It's blind, but it has Tremorsense 120 or something.
Hmm, aren't you the current party member with acess to trained knowledge skills? :p
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:38:42 PM by oslecamo »