Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 214836 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)
« Reply #940 on: April 17, 2016, 01:17:41 AM »
Well, Soloeji seems to have gone missing, so I guess the party could use a melee tank. I can always increase the amount of red potions/vulneraries/energy cores to make up for the loss of a dedicated healer.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 17, 2016, 03:12:24 AM »
As a "faery goddess" Pha could maybe teleport for free to fairy fountains if they count as building built in her name. It would cost to return though. She could use the trips to resupply healing fairy bottles for the team. We actually didn't use them yet. We purposefully under prepared ourselves.  :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 17, 2016, 04:22:12 AM »
Pha using God Travel to fairy fountains she already visited without spending uses sounds fair enough. Want to use it now?

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 17, 2016, 05:25:48 AM »
Should we try and contact either of the other 2 people that expressed interest when I joined maybe?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 17, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »

Want to use it now?
The forest's fairy fountain ain't too far from the entrance so it might not be worth it. Just one more room than what we need to clear anyway to reach Fadore.
...Though we could just Link it and run to the big door, ignoring everything on the way. Might want to get those anti-stalfos thingies too. I recall one that's probably in the hole Pha's been wanting to visit since we found it, another held by the skull kid, one by the village we just left and another somewhere I don't remember.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 17, 2016, 12:51:56 PM »
What does the rest of the party think.  Is Jeremy changing again?

Edit:  Or does everybody just want me to make random noises instead of talking normally.  :P

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 17, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
Want to use it now?
The forest's fairy fountain ain't too far from the entrance so it might not be worth it. Just one more room than what we need to clear anyway to reach Fadore.
...Though we could just Link it and run to the big door, ignoring everything on the way. Might want to get those anti-stalfos thingies too. I recall one that's probably in the hole Pha's been wanting to visit since we found it, another held by the skull kid, one by the village we just left and another somewhere I don't remember.

The coast and inside the temple

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 17, 2016, 06:40:24 PM »

Edit:  Or does everybody just want me to make random noises instead of talking normally.  :P

Well occasionally wouldn't be bad, but I've enjoyed current Jeremy.  If you want to rebuild than do it.  The game has been going on a long time, but only if you want to.

Quote from: Anomander
Might want to get those anti-stalfos thingies too. I recall one that's probably in the hole Pha's been wanting to visit since we found it, another held by the skull kid, one by the village we just left and another somewhere I don't remember.

I think we should do this.  The village the kid and the temple are kinda in a line.  The coast might not be to far out of our way.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 17, 2016, 10:43:47 PM »
Should we try and contact either of the other 2 people that expressed interest when I joined maybe?

About that, I PMd Soro and he said he's still interested and will finish his character, so that may cover the need of a melee tank.

Plus personally speaking, I really enjoyed the whole "heroic trainer who saves the day by healing his minions friends" idea Nanshork has developed for his character.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 18, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »
I'd rather not rebuild, so I'm happy leaving Jeremy as is (including speech, sorry everybody) since it looks like there's no need.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #950 on: April 22, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
Wow.  For some reason, I have not had the subarea this is in be bold indicating new posts for some time.  I was wondering why things were so dead.

Well, it wasn't.  Just something f'd up.  Oh man, I missed a lot.  I'm so sorry.

Catching up...
Mudada.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 23, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »
Our super deku scrub friend can transport us to the temple through music.
We could then backtrack to the hole and check if there is an artifact thingy there. Then check left from the temple entrance to maybe meet up again with the skull kid for another.
We should probably forget about the one on the coast. It'd take took much time looking around.
Not sure where the one in the temple could be. We went in every room except the northern halls. Perhaps we'd have to make Search checks for hidden compartments since the magic map didn't reveal any hidden room and we didn't find the compass (if any). Another possibility is that it is meant to spawn in the middle of the room with the trees forming a triangle after defeating all the plants, which we didn't do since we took them out nonlethaly (which is all right, since they are victims transformed into plants, so killing them when there's a possibility for some heroic saving wouldn't be cool).

Though typically bosses are not respawning (dunno about you guys but I really don't wanna fight Gohma again even though we left some loot there that Pha recommended we forfeit), we'd have to go through some encounters to get around again so we'd likely have better odds if we spared our resources inside the temple and went straight for the boss fight.

Pha could spend a God Travel use to get to the fountain in the temple and fill up our three bottles with fairies and return in the team before Squeaks gets us to the entrance though that may not be necessary since the room between the central area and the fountain room is harmless unless we play with the switch again.

We'd probably tp to the temple thanks to Squeaks right after stocking up on bombs. No point going to the fight less than half-prepared like last time.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 23, 2016, 08:53:08 PM »
Yes but for clarification, is Squeaks aware of the mystical teleporty nature of the song?

And I'd need a masterwork instrument and I don't have cash

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 23, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »
It won't hurt to ask around the village for a quick check, while people grab bombs.  Plus I'm kinda interested what happened with the note to the elf.  Gompa also wants to know how one could become a sage it might be a quick way to complete his goals.  It could be hidden on the pirate ship or where the original pirates were fought.  Might not even have an encounter. 

We should totally teleport rather than going through the woods though.

Ketaro didn't the rats drop ruppees when defeated?  Gompa ate his share.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 23, 2016, 09:38:47 PM »
Yes but for clarification, is Squeaks aware of the mystical teleporty nature of the song?
I reckon he was.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 23, 2016, 10:36:03 PM »
Yes.

Will see if I can post an update later today.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 23, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »
Okay cool, cause it was me who didn't know if I knew xD

I don't remember rupies dropping :o

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 25, 2016, 07:12:55 PM »
About that, I PMd Soro and he said he's still interested and will finish his character, so that may cover the need of a melee tank.
Yeah, it's just I had things demanding my time this weekend.

Ty actually looks pretty well finished. A little minor buying on some items but he already has a a pack to help out. The Class it's self has gaining a flavor background on some pointless Profession Skills but those should have minimal impact on a game to worry about. If I ever expand on the Melds, well that's a bridge for another day :p

It's really just a matter of jumping in.

Offline Dr_emperor

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 25, 2016, 07:33:22 PM »
It shouldn't be that hard either Grizelda or the village could have you easy enough.    6 is what the game started with we should be fine.

Oh to the lost, poor Rabbit, Kong, Kirby, hyrulian warrior, and egg guy.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 25, 2016, 09:43:15 PM »
Oh to the lost, poor Rabbit, Kong, Kirby, hyrulian warrior, and egg guy.
:-\
Alternate realities. They never existed. Sort of. Behold the power of the ret-con!
Game's been going on for four years. Will we ever see the end of it? 'Probably not. Games on pbp can last a lifetype as long as the DM (and players, to a point) stay interested. My longest still going-game started late 2008. Lost 6 players so far and we've always been a team of 3-4.

5 players in 4 years in a team of starting at 6 is pretty good. A game that lasts more than 3 months is pretty great.  :rolleyes