Author Topic: General Weirdness  (Read 53082 times)

Offline Drammor

• Seer of Void
    • View Profile
Re: General Weirdness
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:24 AM »
Sounds fantastic to me. :)
[20:32] <DonQuixote> A POX UPON YOU ALL!
[20:32] <DonQuixote> YOU, J, FOR STEALING THE PURITY OF NORNS.
[20:32] <DonQuixote> YOU, DRAMMOR, FOR ENSNARING ME IN THIS FIENDISH PRISON.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:36 PM »
native or extraplanar?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2013, 11:45:55 PM »
Derivative

Derivative is an Inherited Template that can be applied to any Animal.

Size and Type: Unchanged.

Hit Dice: Unchanged.

Speed: Unchanged.

Armor Class: Unchanged.

Attacks: Unchanged.

Damage: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Steal Power (Su): If the Derivative animal successfully attacks and damages an opponent it may choose any one Special Attack or Special Quality that opponent has used thus far in the combat, or that the Derivative Animal has seen it use in the past.  The opponent is allowed a Willpower Save to avoid this (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Cha modifier), but if he fails he loses the use of 1 Special Attack/Quality until the Derivative animal uses it or 1 Minute has passed whichever comes first.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature.

Saves: Unchanged.

Abilities: +8 Cha

Skills: Unchanged.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment: Unchanged.

Organization: Unchanged.

Challenge Rating: +1

Treasure: Unchanged.

Alignment: Unchanged.

Advancement: Unchanged.

Level Adjustment: +1

Example of creature using template here:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:15:32 PM by bhu »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:53 AM »
Derivative bear update.  Any thoughts? 

Native or Extraplanar for imaginary bear?

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
Seems Native to me.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »
Well thats all the bears then.  Any more requests before I start new stuff?

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
Perhaps you could stat the Smooze?  :cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CnOysetlQw

Apart from what is seen in the video (engulf?) the Smooze leaves that purple muck for miles around wherever it goes and can throw large globs of it much like giants throw rocks. Non-evil creatures covered with the muck get cursed, suffering morale penalties and shifting one alignment towards evil until cleaned (requires holy water / remove curse?) Note that the temporary alignment shift can mess up class abilities.

The Smooze presented here was created through a ritual performed in an active volcano, but a sufficiently heated colossal cauldron could probably do in a pinch.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2013, 12:53:44 AM »
Is the Smooze a single or multiple entities?

Just how big is this thing?

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2013, 06:54:50 AM »
It looked like multiple creatures when throwing projectiles, but it refers to itself in the singular and never communicates with "itself", so I assume it is either a single creature or some sort of a hive mind.

As for the size, it varies through the movie. At the beginning, (and at the end, when it is defeated) the Smooze fits in a standard issue cartoon volcano crater. At its full power it could cover the whole valley with gunk. (Im not sure if all of it could be "alive" at once - the matter is complicated by the fact that it was almost killed in the initial battle and remainded inert for half the movie before getting a power boost that woke it up for the finale.)

The wind generated by flutter ponies pushed it back, clearing the ground and causing the Smooze to shrink - I'd say spells infused with positive energy would have that effect on it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:02:36 AM by Braininthejar »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:45 PM »
Been researching the Smooze, and I'm not sure I can adequately do it for d20.  It's basically a Shoggoth that can cover several miles of forest.  Statting that would be damn difficult. 

Unless I made it an Ancient One for the Arkham Horror MLP thread.  That would be pretty darn doable.

Offline radmelon

• Ashbless ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »
I think that would work pretty well. Of course, there's a lot that's going to have to be done for the Arkham Horror game, since there's been at least one season since it was last posted in.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2013, 07:02:17 PM »
People weren't really giving it any views so i put it on the backburner.  I tend to switch from project to project as the muse takes me, or as interest in it wanes.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »

Not so much a request as a wut to share.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
I'm gonna make this into...something...

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:34 AM »
Ducks-That-Walk?  :P

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2013, 09:52:41 AM »
The Duck That Walks As A Man.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
The Flock
Diminutive Aberration (Chaotic, Swarm)
Hit Dice: 10d8+10 (55 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), Swim 30 ft., Fly 40 ft. (Good)
Armor Class: 20 (+4 Size, +3 Dex, +3 Insight), touch 20, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/-
Attack: Engulf +10 melee touch (Engulf) or Swarm (2d6)
Full Attack: Engulf +10 melee touch (Engulf) or Swarm (2d6)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft. or 10 ft./0ft.
Special Attacks: Engulf, Frightful Presence, Discorporate, The Power of Quack, Distraction
Special Qualities: Blindsight 60 ft., Immunities, SR 18, Swarm traits
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +9
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Climb +5, Disguise +5, Hide +18, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Local, Nature) +6, Listen +7, Move Silently +7, Search +7, Spot +7, Survival +7, Swim +8
Feats: Ability Focus (Frightful Presence), Combat Reflexes, Deft Opportunist, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse (B)
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 9
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 10+ HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: ---

there used ter be a boy name a' Donnie, hung out down the corner, by the flower shop.  Quiet boy.  Good boy too, 'cept he hated ducks.  Hated them with a passion.  Said we all didn't realize how bad they were.  Said 'Somewhere, somehow, the Flock is always watching you.'  Nearly scared me off mah likker lemme tell you. 

So's one day no one sees Donnie fer a spell, and then suddenly he's there agin on the corner.  Wearing a hood, an' heavy clothin' on a warm summers day.  Doesn't really talk to anyone, or do much, but like ah said he's a quiet boy.  After a while I gets to wonderin' whats wrong, and I go's up to him and says hello.  He don't say nuthin'.  And ah says hello agin.  Still nuthin'.  Ah put my hand on his shoulder and suthin' moves underneath his clothes.

Since then I don't go 'round that corner no more.  And ah don't eat ducks neither."

The origins of the Flock are unknown, and it has never made an attempt to communicate or given any indication that it even understands communication.  It has at least some form of intelligence as it understands the need for a disguise to move among people, so that it can prey upon them.  No one is certain what it gets from converting people to more of itself, and it is unknown what if anything the Flock eats as it simply converts people to Flock.  Flocks generally appear as a mass of ducklings inhabiting a suit of clothing.  They prefer heavy clothing in order to facilitate their disguise, and dark locales so as to help with the job of pretending to be human.  As it spends much of it's time standing on corners or in allies or other out of the way places it is uncertain what the Flocks goals (if any) are.

Engulf (Ex): A Flock can choose to engulf an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than itself. The Flock attempts to embrace its victim, and with a successful melee touch attack, the victim is immediately swallowed up and surrounded by a mass of ducklings, taking 2d6 points of damage and must also make a DC 16 Fortitude Save or be Nauseated for 1 round (Save DC is Con based). A victim who spends a full-round action can break free of the embrace and move up to half its speed away from the Flock if desired, but can do nothing else. Otherwise, each round a victim remains engulfed, it takes another 2d6 points of damage (and must make another save).  The Flock's Engulf attack is not subject to Concealment or Cover.  When discorporated it uses it's normal Swarm attack (also doing 2d6) and Distraction.

Frightful Presence (Su): When a Flock attacks a victim, witnesses within 60 ft. must make a Will save (DC 19, Save is Cha based). Those who make the save are shaken. Those who fail by 5 or fewer points are Frightened. Those who fail by 6 to 10 points are Panicked. Those who fail by 11 or more points are Cowering. All these conditions last for 1d4 rounds. Those who have seen a Flock use this attack before gain a +4 Circumstance bonus on their saving throws. The victim of the Flock’s engulf attack has a -4 Circumstance penalty on his or her saving throw.

Discorporate (Ex): If gravely threatened, a Flock can discorporate as a free action, simply falling into a pile of individual ducklings that slither quickly away. So long as any of the component ducks survive, they can multiply and create a new Flock. Discorporating is a dangerous tactic, because once separated, the ducklings are treated no differently than other duckling. Also, the Flock stands a good chance of losing all its equipment. However, discorporation almost assures that at least one duckling (if not dozens) will manage to crawl away, and so provide for the Flock’s continued existence.  The Flock automatically discorporates at 0 hp., leaving 2d6 ducklings to escape.  Optionally it may simply use this to abandon it's disguise and become a Swarm occupying a 10 ft. area.  It may also reincorporate once per round as a Free Action to assume it's disguise again.  It's Strength score is a 10 when reincorporated.

The Power of Quack (Su): Any creature damaged by the Flocks attack gains the Chicken Infested Flaw (see Dragon Magazine 330) until they kill the Flock that damaged them, or they receive a Remove Curse, Wish, or Miracle spell.  Instead of Chickens however, you produce Curse Ducks.  These ducks often attack or make mischief for their unfortunate target.   Victims killed by a Flocks engulf attack rise as a Flock themselves within 1d4 days.  These are not spawn, nor individual beings, all pieces of the Flock are one entity.  What one of it's pieces knows, the whole Flock knows.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Immunities (Ex): The Flock has no discernable anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking.  It is also immune to Mind Affecting Effects, Poison, Sleep Effects. Paralysis, Stunning, Disease, and Non Lethal damage.  Flocks may not be Tripped, Grappled or Bull Rushed.  Much like other Swarms, the Flock is immune to weapon damage.

Skills: Flocks have a +8 Racial Bonus to Swim Checks.  It also has a +4 Racial Bonus to Climb Checks.

Combat: Flocks avoid combat until they can corner a weaker opponent they can easily Engulf alone.   Against a strong opponent who resists being Engulfed (or against groups), they discorporate and flee.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (Arcane) or Knowledge (Things Man Was Not Meant To Know) can learn more about The Flock. When the character makes a skill check, the following lore is revealed, including the information from lower DCs.

DC|Lore
20|This is some sort of hideous Aberration.  This Check also reveals the Chaos and Swarm Subtypes.
25|You have encountered The Flock, a legendary creature known to attack and consume lone individuals.  It is very difficult to harm, and is best avoided.
30|To destroy The Flock, each and every last duckling composing it must be destroyed, which is next to impossible.

Plot Hook
  • People have been slowly disappearing from the neighborhood, coinciding with an ever-increasing variety of hooded figures lurking in the streets at night.  It's presumed that a new group of  cultists of some kind is moving in.
  • The PC's get lost on a backwoods road and encounter a crazed old man rambling about the evils of ducks and warning them not to take the shortcut down the old dirt road.  Of course, they ignore him.
  • A tome with potential details on the Flock is being auctioned off.  You have been asked to guard it.  You worry less about the local whackos getting it, as they seem to be getting picked off one by one by a growing group of hooded crazies that are slowly surrounding the auction house.  Man you really hate this job...
  • A local duck hunter/farmer comes to the PC's raving about the evils of ducks terrorizing him and his family at their lonely farm house out in the middle of a local area known as "The Devil's Hook Up".  They briefly entertain thoughts of suicide rather than do this, but they do need a place to stay and a meal, and since they're broke they can't be picky.

Curse Duck
                      Tiny Magical Beast
Hit Dice:             1d10 (5 hp)
Initiative:           +2
Speed:                20 ft. (4 squares), Swim 20 ft., Fly 40 ft. (Good)
Armor Class:          14 (+2 Size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple:  +1/-11
Attack:               Sudden Brutal Pecking At Knee Level +3 melee (1d3-4)
Full Attack:          Sudden Brutal Pecking At Knee Level +3 melee (1d3-4)
Space/Reach:          2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks:      Accursed Pecking
Special Qualities:    Low-light Vision, Darkvision 60 ft., Hold Breath
Saves:                Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities:            Str 3, Dex 14, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills:               Hide +10, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Spot +6, Swim +8
Feats:                Weapon Finesse
Environment:          Any
Organization:         Solitary, Pair, or Flock (5-30)
Challenge Rating:     1/2
Treasure:             None
Alignment:            Chaotic Neutral
Advancement:          ---
Level Adjustment:     ---

Accursed Pecking (Su): Creatures pecked by the Duck must make a DC 12 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Cha based) or be Dazed 1 round.

Hold Breath (Ex): A duck can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 × its Constitution score before it risks drowning.

Skills: Ducks gain a +8 Racial Bonus on Swim checks, and may always Take 10 on a Swim Check.  They may also use the Run action while swimming provided they swim in a straight line.

Combat: Curse Ducks usually run.  They're more mischief maker than fighter.

The Flock
"Good evening, and welcome to Mutual of Gnomeahaw's Wild Kingdom! As always, I'm your host Harlan Jergens!  Today on Wild Kingdom Jim and I are looking for a scary urban legend!"

Beware Hooded Men On Street Corners

"The Flock is supposedly a swarm of accursed ducklings that walk like a man."

"That is odd, even for us."

"Hold on Harlan, there's a hooded person staring at us from that alley.  And there's ducks near it..."

"Be careful Jim.  Don't approach without the Forcewall up."

What Does It Want?

"That's pretty much standard for me now Harlan."

"Wait, where did we go?"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:52:10 AM by bhu »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2014, 03:22:49 AM »
Anthropomorphic Vermin

Anthropomorphic Vermin is an Acquired or Inherited Template that can be applied to any Vermin.

Size and Type: Type changes to Monstrous Humanoid.  Vermin that are Tiny or smaller become Small.  Small to Large become Medium.  Huge or bigger become Large.

Hit Dice: Small Anthropomorphic Animals have  1 HD, Medium have 2 HD, and Large have 3 HD.

Speed: Reduce Land speed to 30 ft. if it is higher (20 ft. if the base creature is now Small and has the Aquatic Subtype).  If the base creature has a Flight speed it drops one Maneuverability class and it's movement rate is halved.  Unless it is reduced to Small, in which case increase the maneuverability rating by one and the movement rate by 50%.  All other movement rates are unchanged.

Armor Class: Adjust for Size change.

Attacks: Retains all Natural attacks.  In addition some may be partially lost as two limbs must now form the legs.  So if a Vermin has 6 claw attacks, 2 of those are lost in order to become humanoid legs.  BAB is +1 for Small, +2 for Medium, and +3 for Large.

Damage: Adjust the damage of Natural weapons due to Size change.

Special Attacks: Special Attacks based off a Non-humanoid shape are lost.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities except Mindless.  Instead it gains a +4 Racial Bonus on Willpower Saves vs. Mind-Affecting Effects.

Saves: Recalculated due to Hit Dice change.  +0 Fort, +2 Ref, +2 Will for Small, +0 Fort, +3 Ref, +3 Will for Medium, and +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +3 Will for Large.

Abilities: Adjust Str, Dex, and Con due to Size change.  Int becomes 11, +2 Wis, +4 Cha.

Skills: Due to losing the Mindless Ability the Anthropomorphic Vermin now has skills.  Racial skills are any mentioned in the base creatures entry, along with Survival.

Feats: Due to the loss of Mindless the Anthropomorphic Vermin now has Feats.  Bonus Feats of the base creature are not retained.

Environment: Unchanged.

Organization: Unchanged, but more likely to be Solitary.

Challenge Rating: +1 if Small or Medium, -1 if Large.

Treasure: Standard.

Alignment: Usually Neutral.

Advancement: By Character Class.

Level Adjustment: Varies (See below)

Astral Kraken +6 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Wis, +6 Cha, Large (3 HD), +11 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Druid, LA: +6
Bonespear +4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +13 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +5
Brine Swimmer -2 Str, +8 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +3 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Ranger, LA: +2
Chelicera +4 Str, +8 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Wis, +6 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +5 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Dread Necromancer, LA: +5
Dire Maggot +6 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Large (3 HD), +6 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +3
Ectoplasmic Vermin, Tiny -4 Str, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Small (1 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Psychic Warrior, LA: +0
Ectoplasmic Vermin, Small +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Psychic Warrior, LA: +0
Ectoplasmic Vermin, Medium +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +1 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Psychic Warrior, LA: +1
Giant Ant, Queen -2 Str, -2 Con, +4 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD),  +7 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Beguiler, LA: +1
Giant Ant, Soldier +4 Str, +2 Con, +4 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +7 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Warblade, LA: +2
Giant Ant, Worker +4 Wis, +2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +7 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Factotum, LA: +1
Giant Ant Lion +2 Con, +4 Wis, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Ranger, LA: +3
Giant Bee +4 Dex, +4 Wis, +2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Scout, LA: +2
Giant Bombardier Beetle +2 Str, +4 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +6 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +3
Giant Cockroach +2 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Scout, LA: +2
Giant Dragonfly +4 Dex, +4 Wis, +6 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Ranger, LA: +2
Giant Fire Beetle +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, +0 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +5 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Swordsage, LA: +2
Giant Firefly -2 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Scout, LA: +2
Giant Leech +4 Dex, +2 Con, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue, LA: +1
Giant Maggot +4 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +1 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +0
Giant Praying Mantis +6 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Monk, LA: +2
Giant Stag Beetle +4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +8 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Warblade, LA: +3
Giant Sun Spider -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +3 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Scout, LA: +1
Note: Giant Termite Queen is not viable
Giant Termite, Soldier +6 Str, +2 Con, +4 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +5 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Crusader, LA: +3
Giant Termite, Worker +2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, Medium (2 HD), +3 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Fighter, LA: +1
Giant Velvet Worm +4 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Large (3 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Fighter, LA: +1
Giant Wasp +4 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Cleric, LA: +2
Giant Whip Scorpion -4 Str, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +6 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue, LA: +1
Giant Whip Spider +2 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Swordsage, LA: +2
Hairy Spider -4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Small (1 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Fighter, LA: +1
Hoard Scarab -6 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Wis, -4 Cha, Small (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue, LA: +0
Knell Beetle +8 Str, -2 Dex, +8 Con, +2 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +13 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +6
Leechwalker +8 Str, +6 Con, +4 Wis, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +4
Lesser Knell Beetle +8 Str, +2 Dex, +8 Con, +2 Wis, +4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +9 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +5
Megapede +4 Wis, -2 Cha, Large (3 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Cleric, LA: +3
Monstrous Centipede, Tiny -6 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Small (1 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue, LA: +0
Monstrous Centipede, Small -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +1 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue, LA: +0
Monstrous Centipede, Medium -2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue, LA: +0
Note: Large or bigger Centipedes simply aren't viable
Monstrous Crab, Small +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +2
Monstrous Crab, Medium +4 Str, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +6 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +2
Monstrous Crab, Large +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +7 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Barbarian, LA: +1
Note: Huge or bigger Crabs aren't viable
Monstrous Scorpion, Small +2 Str, -2 Dex, +6 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +3 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: x, LA: +1
Monstrous Scorpion, Medium +2 Str, +4 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Fighter, LA: +2
Monstrous Scorpion, Large +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +5 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Fighter, LA: +1
Monstrous Scorpion, Huge +4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Large (3 HD), +9 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Fighter, LA: +2
Note: Gargantuan or bigger Scorpions aren't viable, neither are Tiny ones
Monstrous Spider, Tiny -4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Small (1 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +0
Monstrous Spider, Small +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +1
Monstrous Spider, Medium +6 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +1 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +1
Siege Beetle +6 Str, -4 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha, Large (3 HD), +18 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Crusader, LA: +6
Snow Spider, Small +6 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +0 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +2
Snow Spider, Medium +8 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +2 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +2
Note: Large or bigger Snow Spiders aren't viable
Spitting Spider +4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Wis, -2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +4 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +3
Sword Spider +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -4 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +6 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Rogue or Scout, LA: +
Tangle Terror +4 Str, +8 Dex, +8 Con, +6 Wis, -2 Cha, Medium (2 HD), +8 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Monk, LA: +4
Widow Maker +2 Str, +4 Dex, +8 Con, +6 Wis, Medium (2 HD), +10 Natural AC Bonus, Favored Class: Monk, LA: +5
Note: Large or bigger Spiders are not viable, Monstrous Diving Spider uses same Attributes/AC

Note: Century Worm, Siege Crab are not viable
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:58:55 PM by bhu »

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2014, 04:59:34 PM »
I can but 3.5 already has a giant size velvet worm in one of the Faerun books.

Unless you're meaning Kaiju size :D