Author Topic: [IC] The Old Expanses  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Old Expanses
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2019, 08:06:52 PM »
After thinking about the options Holtz says, "Chuzu-Che Service.  They won't screw us over and unless another passenger somehow outranks Dr. Princess they'll be easily intimidated."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
"I think we would have noticed if there was an arch-duke or above in orbit... and I don't see their emperor being likely to be on a shuttle service."

There was no point correcting anybody who thought stacking titles like that made sense.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »
After ordering them over the radio, it takes a couple of hours for the Chuzu-Che launch to approach your lab ship. Through the viewing windows you observe the small craft closing in, on its sides displaying the stylized jade dragon of the Empire of Leng.

After docking, a small young woman in a drab stewardess uniform boards your ship. The name tag on her blouse identifies her as 'Amei Li, Stewardess 3rd class'. She bows deeply, and speaks to you deferentially: "I am here to serve you today. Is there any luggage to carry, or any other service I can provide you in boarding?"

Offline Deadwalker

• Lurker
  • Yo I don't like that Altpersona guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2019, 12:14:26 PM »
"I'll leave my vest and guns on board, Don't want any trouble"

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2019, 03:46:28 PM »
i think i can take all my worldsly posessions w. me (except the ships boat)
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 09:01:55 PM »
With a small sigh Holtz goes to his locker and only pulls out his cutlass and dagger (sticking the latter in a boot).  The rest of his gear will have to stay here, and situations like this is why he has a neural comm alongside his handheld one.  No need to give bureaucrats a reason to make trouble.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 07:31:56 AM »
Jayral wishes them luck, calibrating the sensors to perform periodic sweeps while finishing his tea. He would have a bit of time now to go over his notes.
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »
Amei Li takes care of your luggage as you board the launch.

A group of three awaits you - a young man with white captain's hat and white gloves unmarred by any dirt, a slightly older man in a less elaborate version of the same pilot clothing, and a middle-aged woman in a fancier version of Amei's stewardess uniform.

"Welcome aboard. I am Captain Wu, 3rd Baron of Liugong. Next to me are Ensign Zhou, co-pilot on this flight, and Stewardess 2nd class Ma, head stewardess on this flight. The head stewardess will instruct you on the safety protocols as we take position at the controls."

With this, the two men vanish towards the bridge. Head Stewardess Ma produces a remote which in turn brings a large flat screen dangling from the ceiling alive. The next few minutes are filled with a low quality video on the most inane security instructions on buckling up, finding the emergency exits and not smashing the view windows while in orbit, presented by bad actors and a gratingly slow narrator sounding like a half-asleep bulldog. Amei Li busts her ass to get all your luggage in place before the video ends, without Ma even lifting a single finger to help her.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 04:45:30 PM »
After an uneventful flight, the launch descends on the starport less than an hour later.

Quarhe Starport is rather unassuming with very few amenities outside of repair shops and fuel stations, other than the usual duty-free shops peddling shoddy merchandise aimed at travellers like shavers, towels or campy local souvenirs. The most exciting thing are the three separate exits leading to the Plutocratic League of West Quarhe, the Empire of Leng and the Noortmahn Confederacy, respectively.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »
"How droll another spaceport, lets get this business done and move on to more important things"

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2020, 09:09:41 AM »
This shuttle is getting a 1 star rating. 6 months and still waiting

Anim-manga still sux.