Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 14131 times)

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
I Think Awakened basilisk is the way to go. Strong BFC, something we lack. Plus, when I hit fifth level, I think I'll go into the Multiheaded creature PrC and become the Basilydra.

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 03:38:28 AM »
Handwave it. Planescape did it.

+1

Nothing wrong with a Neutral/Evil Solar far as I`m concerned. You`ll all start out with no memories of anything happening prior to the beginning of the campaign, so any angelic moral code/ethics would go out the window with everything else... And you wont lose your powers to some god`s whims, you`re empowered by your own inner strength (Dont remember what the fluff says about this, but that`s how I`m handling it).   :cool

Daedroth:

I love the part about being a blacksmith in a Iron Golem body. Will be interesting to see how you play that out with the amnesia. Frankenstein`s Monster had a nice twist to it... It discovered an affinity for certain tasks as it went along, like playing the flute.
Swim: +5

Yeeeah, right. I would love to see 1ton of solid steel going for a morning swim. On the upside, you dont need to breath, so you can just walk, I guess... Unless its bottomless, ofcourse.  :smirk

Siper:

Are you sure you did the math correctly on your stats? I keep getting 30p.

Handwave it. Planescape did it.

And I have new candidates!

Tsochar is still on the table.

Daelkyr: MuahahahahaHAHAHAAHAHAHA! The Surgeon from hell. I can spawn Alex Mercer for the hell of it. Point of fact, that's probably the character motivation right there: Why the hell not?

Awakened Basilisk: BFC! I shoot lazor beamsz out of my eyes, people suffer dex damage and collapse! What's not to love? Walking debuff machine. Obviously, since you people have eyes, I'll take carefull gaze to avoid mezzing you.

Gray Shiver Fear the Bug Lich! FEAR HIS FUZZY BODY! Basically a Sorc. But it's a spider living in the skull of a lich!
Also this:
In addition, if it ever meets the ones who destroyed the lich to which its skull belonged, it must seek their doom! Long convoluted overcomplicated plans spanning years or more are optional to achieve this.

Basilisk seems like a one-trick pony... Looking at stuff has to get boring in the long run.

Of those, I`d say Daelkyr, tsochar, or Grey Shiver in order of awesomeness.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »
I don't think Solars get their powers from a connection to a god anyway, there is one in the Elder Evils book serving a giant snake thing... Their major problem is that they are literally formed from Good and Law, though as above they can go evil.

Might try the whole fallen angel thing anyway, Evil Solar could be interesting.

Offline Daedroth

• Neutronium Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
But...we are not evilXD

Me-->N (almost NB)
sirpervival-->CG
Veen--> ¿LN?
Wrex-->Unknow
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:31:08 AM by Daedroth »
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill. The truth exists beyond the Gate!

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
It's tempting to take one level of Daelkyr for the corrupting touch, then go into unarmed swordsage and soul eater for the ultimate in stat eating monks, but I don;t think game balance takes to well towards that. I can already one shot any animal by punching it in the Int score anyways.

Edit: Taking Dalkyr 20. I can be the party skillmonky due to having eveyrthing as a class skill. Having never played a facotrum, not sure what to do. Any advice?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:07:10 PM by Wrex »

Offline AlisAtAn

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
Quickdraw, improved initiative, skillfocus: Iajutsu, and max out Iajutsu every level. Profit.   :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:40:46 PM by AlisAtAn »

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »
That works perfectly with the scarab gauntlet. It creates throwing spikes I can draw as a free action, and can thus make iterative attacks with.

However....How am I making them flatfooted every round? Or am I simply expected to kill them in one shot? The Scarab gauntlet is a 2d6 throwing weapon, but I don't see that many one shots, even still.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:01:55 AM by Wrex »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 12:26:15 AM »
Wrex, take a look at Phaedrus's throwing-weapon based character from your game. He based it off a character I made up for a PbP a while ago, and it put out quite a bit of damage even without a 2d6 damage die. Mostly, the name of the game is adding as many damage boosts per attack as you can, and staying hidden from your enemies. Throw in some swordsage or just martial study, as there are some maneuvers that cause enemies to be flatfooted, or turn you invisible, etc.

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 12:44:29 AM »
Heh, don't I know it.

Going for Martial Study: Cloak of Shadows. A cheap investment for a potentially lethal damage increase. And if you guys don't mind negative levels, I can always pass out some Scarab Gauntlets to you as well. It would also work pretty well with the Tentacle Lash, as I could IF it, and it channels my corrupting touch.

Other skillmonkey things that are neccesary? I bet someone can cast knock, so open lock probably isn't too useful.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »
Actually we are likley to be low on casters to cover that kind of thing. Monster classes are not know for their GOD powers, even the ones with casting.

Offline Daedroth

• Neutronium Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »
knock?

Smashing Doors! XDDDDDDD

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
Hrm, true. Also wondering if we need a face character. Now, my guy needs Str, Con, and Int, but I'll have great skill points and all skills known. I think Sirp has the face charcter covered, but you never know. At fourth level, I get the option of either a Beholder or Mindflayer Cohort (If we want to change it, I can just rebuild him if he dies). Which would you prefer?

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
I've got Faciness covered:

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Daedroth

• Neutronium Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »
Hi?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »
Yeah, this sort of fell silent, didn't it?