Creative Corner > Game Design

D20-ish System

(1/5) > >>

bhu:
I have an on again off again idea for my own system based off d20 that I work on, and it's time to discuss again.  We'll start with Base Attack Bonus:

BAB does not scale with Level (though there will be rare opportunities to raise it via class).

BAB is either +0 (anything currently having Wizard BA), +1 (anything currently having Cleric BAB), and +2 (anything currently having fighter bab).  There will no longer be Feats like Improved Trip, Improved Grapple etc (or they will give new options instead of what they do now).  Instead all Opposed Combat Checks take a -1 (-2?) Penalty for every point your opponents BAB is higher than yours.  If his BAB is at least 2 points higher than yours you also provoke an AoO. 

Unlike currently BAB will be a bonus to attack, damage, and Initiative rolls.

Certain Feats/class powers may require BAB of a certain Level.  For example if there is an Improved Grapple it may require a BAB of +2 or higher.

How does this sound to everyone?

Amechra:
Can't say, really - I have no idea what the expected AC is, or how any of the other numbers work.

Heck, I don't even know if you're still using d20s.

altpersona:
so, straight fighter 20 has bab 40, wiz 20 has bab 0?

Bronzebeard:
What I did was swapping the whole BaB thing with +1 aB granted by fighter feats. Especially with the chained ones.

e.g. each of the feats in the manyshot feat (Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, etc') gives +1 bonus for attacking.

This reinforces fighters as the ones with weapon attack options. It seems to (mostly) work.
However, I think that you need to state what your aiming for. It would help understand your angle better.

bhu:

--- Quote from: Amechra on January 31, 2016, 11:28:44 AM ---Can't say, really - I have no idea what the expected AC is, or how any of the other numbers work.

Heck, I don't even know if you're still using d20s.

--- End quote ---

Oopsie my bad.

Yes still using d20's, AC will be lower to compensate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version