Author Topic: Fast Paced Pathfinder Campaign(Interest Check)  (Read 12848 times)

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
Fast Paced Pathfinder Campaign(Interest Check)
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »
Anyone interested in playing a fast paced Pathfinder campaign?

We'd need a DM.

From Oslecamo's thread.

-Each round takes 1 week tops. Whetever in combat or deciding which passage on the dungeon to take, whoever didn't specify an action whitin 7 days of the latest DM post skips their actions. You can provide an "auto-script" for your character's actions beforehand, and active players can also take control of your character if you're not around. If you think you could handle an even faster pace, let me know.
-Also 1 week for character creation. You can flesh out the details as the campaign starts, but I expect race, levels, HP, skills and 90% of your gear and feats to be decided whitin 1 week of the campaign's basics having been consolidated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:12:39 PM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Fast Paced Pathfinder Campaign(Interest Check)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
You've suggested this, but have no desire to DM it? :???

Given that it's pathfinder, I'm possibly very slightly interested (the only concept I want to play at the moment is a 3.5 Artificer, so... not likely).

See this for what's explicitly included in Fast Paced, I believe.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »
Nothing wrong with suggesting a campaign idea as a player and seeing if anyone is interested in DMing.

Don't see any problem with an Artificer, just use the 3.5 to Pathfinder conversion booklet which is downloadable for free from Paizo's site. Pathfinder was created with the intention of still being able to use 3.5 material.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »
What's fast paced? I can usually average a post every other day or so, but I'm never open enough to be able to skype-play. I'd love to give a more pure pathfinder (since all pathfinder I've played has been additive to the regular rules; aka regular 3.5+backgrounds, or some of the PF feats replace normal...) game a chance, since the new classes provide plenty of new ideas to toy with.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
Edit: Added it to opening post

Sorry should've posted it in the opening post.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:11:49 PM by ShadowViper »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:03:46 PM »
Pathfinder dropped the XP costs for crafting which makes Artificer even more ridiculous than it was in 3.5 (it also makes the craft reserve useless but I'd say it's still a net positive.)

I'd consider playing but I'm not capable of DMing PF.

Any idea what starting level you'd be interested in?

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »
Heh right now I'd just be happy with a good High Fantasy Pathfinder campaign. Unfortunately Pathfinder doesn't seem too popular on these forums.

I've been thinking about running Rise of the Rune Lords myself(though it's 3.5, but easy enough to update). But my computer isn't the greatest and it'd be the first time I DMed Play-By-Post, mapping would be an issue.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
Don't see any problem with an Artificer, just use the 3.5 to Pathfinder conversion booklet which is downloadable for free from Paizo's site. Pathfinder was created with the intention of still being able to use 3.5 material.

Downloadable for free... if I wanted to make an account, which I don't. >_>;

(it also seems to be about converting individual characters from 3.5 to pathfinder)

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »
I'm sure there's other sources you could find it from.

Yep, build a normal Artificer then use the conversion guide to update it for Pathfinder, pretty simple.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
That seems like more work than simply using PF's skills and feats from the start. :eh

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
Up to you have you want to do it. Still going to have to convert 3.5 skill list to 3.P skill list.  :teach

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
Better than using 3.5's and gaining skillpoints to spend due to duplication. :p

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:43 PM »
So are you interested as a player then?

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »
I am interested; I have work tomorrow, and then I'll just drill up a fun character. A witch, maybe? Watching too much soul eater. I'll brainstorm things tomorrow.

I mean, it'll basically just be build-plans, since we don't have a dm or specific rules.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 02:24:31 AM »
I am interested. Fairly new player (was when I started looking at the boards, still am now as my sessions keep getting put off :(); and would be applying as a player, not DM.

This will be rather good for me as the two games I've played in were heavily home brewed with randy rules that I'm still finding out are wrong or is a massive mish mash of 3.5 and PF with random DM fiat thrown in during the sessions (mostly to make things sound cooler). And this way I get to check books before doing anything that wrong :P
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
So that's 4(possibly 5) players. Just need an interested DM and we should be good to go.  :D

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 12:03:49 AM »
Wow, Pathfinder really isn't popular here is it?  :-\

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Homebrew is popular here and 90% of the homebrew made here is for 3.5.

Also, many DMs implement their own set of fixes to 3.5, some of which aren't compatible with PF.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 04:40:39 AM »
Only a few people interested in Pathfinder? And no one wishing to DM?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »
I've never DM'ed anything, I'm hardly going to volunteer.