Author Topic: I feel a bit ticked off.  (Read 7452 times)

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: I feel a bit ticked off.
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »
So... make everything perfect, then go back and insert glaring mistakes?

Sounds totally legitimate.

Alternatively, post drafts, rather than finals.  Don't obsess over completing everything before it goes up--you can always tweak and edit it.

Aside from giving people a reason to post in your threads, this has an actual advantage from a composition standpoint.  If you put out drafts, people can make suggestions that might change the direction that a project takes.  Such input can lead to a more interesting final product than one that is brought to perfection by a single individual.
Drafts have a different problem, in that too early a draft makes it hard to see what the point is. It needs to be at least to crude playtest stage, earlier drafts tend to die from simple aging.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
Ahhh, see, for me, "draft" includes "at a playable stage."  Basically, I was using the term to mean that you've put a decent amount of work into it, but haven't spent weeks upon weeks perfecting it.  This is generally where I am after a few hours of work.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline TravelLog

• Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
I feel your pain Amechra. It's always depressing when you post a homebrew and no one gives any meaningful feedback, if at all. For what it's worth, if you link me to some things you particularly want looked over I'd be happy to PEACH them for you.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »
I take back my previous update: I have finally been banned over there. Probably because I explained why the mods were wrong to edit my posts. Lol

On topic: I don't visit the homebrew because it just didn't have what I wanted. A few good things here and there weren't worth the digging.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
I took two major infractions over there for simply discussing stuff in a Blazblue thread. Actually, seems like I get an infraction whenever I post outside the freeform RP area. Go figure.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.