Author Topic: OOC-discussion - three strikes you're IN!  (Read 39936 times)

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: OOC-discussion - three strikes you're IN!
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 06:41:28 AM »
:)

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 05:30:25 AM »
Alright I've started setting up a page on this Obsidian portal place.  Not quite there yet, so far only the map has been uploaded. :)

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
So...what is needed?  Initiative? Felgryn can pounce, has speed buffs, and travel devotion, so he can start at medium range and close for a kill with just 2 rounds of buffing...

What about the rest of ya? 

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:23 AM »
I believe he's looking for range of engagement. Buffing time shouldn't matter; we've got plenty of time. Aria is stealthy melee so she'll be following whoever goes in first.

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »
Xanzibard is right: Since YOU are attacking, YOU have to start to shake things up. I can make some specifics, a battle map most importantly, just so you know where to pounce.

Basically I want to know how you approach - do you use stealth, invisibility, astral space? Or do you just charge? And from what distance do you begin acting openly hostile? This isn't a game where any monster you see will immediately attack you, which means that basically sometimes you can decided for yourself how hostile you want to look. You also won't know exactly how everyone will react.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »
I vote we wait and see if they pass by or engage, no sense in pointless resource draining fights if we ca help it.

Granted, they won't see me if I don't want them to anyway...

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:41 PM »
yeah...but we could use the xp...  :lol (awful I know...)

I say we sneak attack them...Aria goes invisible, Felgryn BUrrows, Magnar stays invisible/ tries to possess one of the weaker ones...imagine how it will throw them of when one of their own starts singing!

Not sure how Thor will be able to approach...though maybe having him approach will get their attention while distracting them from our ambush...  Felgryn is going to make mincemeat out of anything he hits...but he can only hit one target per round without cleave...some BFC here would work wonders...set up a meat grinder...

What do you think mThor?

Offline mthor

• The inches ofmy penis are a countably infinite set
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 01:45:32 AM »
I do appreciated a stealthy approach. I usually go invisible to start and encounter or I ambush them because I do get a little boost out of using sudden strike. I would say that If most of us get bonus damage from sneak attack-ish damage then mechanically if we stick together it would be easier to focus down anything "challenging". If It would help I can drop one of my two binds today and instead pick up the summoner vistige for a little extra battle field presence.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 10:29:50 PM »
very nice...so Thor can go invisible...

pre buff while we approach from stealth, Magnar possesses one of them, starts singing and the rest of us pounce? (Felgryn from below, Aria from ethereal, and Thor from Invisibility)...are we going to gut all of them or just the demons? 

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
All of them seems like a more viable option. The straggler mutants can't teleport from what I have seen so we could pretty easily hedge one of them in and interrogate it. However they aren't very nice people. We probably should exterminated them after we get the info out of them.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »
...not to mention them infecting us with the kind of bad things that have befallen Drannoth and the others in the other group...

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »
I do prefer to remain disease free. or mutation free.... unless we get claws and super healing. I'm cool with that.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
I already have claws and super healing so...I'm good...

We have our plan...what's next?  Declare buffs and take a surprise round?  :cool

Offline brainpiercing

• Honorary Mod
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »
You can take a surprise round if none of you get detected during the approach. Since you don't know that they can't see you, at least not definitely, I would recommend rolling Hide/Move silently, specifying your invis and other bonuses extra. Unless you don't want to sneak at all.

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:23 AM »
well...unless they have tremorsense I doubt they will be able to detect a pounce from under their feet...

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 02:26:52 AM »
Yep, you do need to still make rolls when invisible. Hide, however, isn't much of a problem since you get a +40 buff.....
good old dependable sexy

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »
+20 last time i checked... still pretty much an auto win though.

I'm thinking the best strategy would be Aria and Thor go invisible and get into position and wait for Felgryn to pop out of the ground. That gives us a nice queue to attack so we should all get a surprise round. Unless, of course, they see us, then Aria can bring Thor into the ether, attempt to close in underground blind, then Aria can open a portal for Thor so at least he gets a surprise round with Felgryn.

Offline mthor

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, 03:56:44 AM »
Sounds good to me. Also Xanzibard, its pretty obvious you are some sort of spellthief but what manner of creature are you stealing the ability to gate from? Seems like something fun for another campaign, seeing as spellthief is one of my favorite classes.
good old dependable sexy

Offline Xanzibard

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »
It's a home brewed spellthief BP helped me make. I'm stealing the gate-like spell from the etherscarab in MM2 which has an ability called planar rip. Basically it's plane shift and etheralness rolled into one.

Offline Thistledown

• Unseelie Fey
    • View Profile
    • Yo Mamma
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
Holy Jeebus Xanzi!

10 attacks!  With some pretty phat bonuse even before my Bard...I didn't realize you were also a primary beatstick.  :clap

It really makes me wonder...with a party so potent, it must be a nightmare to optimize the enemies enough to be a challenge, since most stock monsters in DnD can't survive such nova tactics.