Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 236765 times)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #860 on: November 10, 2018, 02:44:50 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/n64-classic-edition-might-getting-205033216.html

It won't have Golden Eye or Perfect Dark, but those Zelda games...I'd need some of the pokemon Games and a few of the racing games to make it worth it for me.

In other news, thanks to my dad getting it for my birthday I'll be playing Fallout 76 at launch ^_^

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 14, 2018, 11:17:59 PM »
so, I've been playing Fallout 76 for the last day and a half or so and I've been enjoying it so far. I've Only encountered one stupid person using very rude language so far, not sure if it's because the server limit is 26 or because I'm on xbox one lol.  I've also had a good team up with some randoms. I'm already level 12 and doing a pistol build. But It's recommend that you carry a melee weapon,along with two different ranged weapons due to the fact that weapons can break. I've also been lucky with the perk card packs so I'm already no longer having to worry about radiation from food and water.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 28, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 28, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
looks like the FTC is looking into loot boxes
Rough translation. High ranking members of the FTC want a large Christmas party and are looking for some gifts from EA.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #864 on: November 29, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
So, i bought Stellaris.

It's well worth the money! Paradox may charge a pretty penny for their products, but the gameplay is superb and the support amazing.

Currently having fun playing as a sentient robot species that evolved as a gestalt consciousness after the planet's previous inhabitants realized the futility of the flesh. They consider all forms of biological life inferior and seek to expand their empire of logic and reason to all reaches of space, all the while purging xenos life in all forms, by means of apocalyptic orbital bombardment.

In other words: FUN
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 30, 2018, 12:37:10 AM »
Kirby Star Allies's 3rd DLC was posting around 10pm Eastern Time Zone.

It adds 4 new Dream Friends.
Magolor: The new broken one, you can release a black hold and float around while charging his attacks. His air dodge also allows you to freely fly around and lasts a considerably long time.
Taranza: The spider guy, not too impressive unless you liked the spider power.
Susie: Disappointing, mostly just has an charge up dash. Can summon a mech but it only has a spin attack, stomp, or missile shot.
The Three Mage-Sisters: I haven't unlocked them yet, but they were spoiled in a Youtube Preview. They are a single character choice but unlike the Rick/Kine/Coo combo which morphs based on the move, they each have a full set drawn from their boss attacks and can high five each other out.

Heroes in Another Dimension
An entire new map run and according to the previews it's supposed to have areas focused on certain characters, either changing you or added them as teammates, which sounds cool. Initial feed back however is it's significantly harder which is something the game needed. Apparently you're supposed to collect hearts along the way, probably unlocks the sisters, but I need some sleep for tomorrow.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 30, 2018, 04:17:18 AM »
what do you all think of my http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=18754.msg338399#msg338399 Adventures in WV diary thing?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 30, 2018, 09:28:33 AM »
Like I didn't know you posted it.  :blush

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 01, 2018, 01:07:00 AM »
Smash Ultimate leaked early. 
It's pretty fun.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #869 on: December 02, 2018, 07:58:16 PM »
My Xenoblade Chronicles 2 decided to update just the other day and I was not sure what it was about.

So remember how for the new super smash Brothers Nintendo changed Mythra's outfit?

Original on the left, SSBU on the right. Can you spot the differences?

So Monolith Soft went and did this:

That's right, they actually added the censored sexy classy black thighs version to the actual original game as an optional outfit! And yes it shows up in cutscenes and everything like the DLC outfits.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #870 on: December 03, 2018, 12:11:39 AM »
So, my son has got me into playing Plants Vs Zombies GW2

You know what?

It's surprisingly fun!

I actually don't hate it. There's some real thought that went into making each class and balancing it all out, and i find myself playing it with him hours on end and not getting bored.

To make things even better, one of his older friends went and showed me all kinds of glitches and bugs you can do with the game, which made everything even more enjoyable.

Kids these days are something else!

I had to actually go and BUY magazines to get walkthroughs, and glitches and bugs were things shared as rumors and you were never sure you're hearing bullcrap or actual valuable information.

Even with the internet, it was still hard to sift through what's valuable, what's not... And kids these days, much younger than i was when i found out about glitches and stuff, are absolute masters.

They deftly scour YouTube and fansites for all new glitches and master them easily.

I feel exactly like my father did, when i finally surpassed him in the original Mortal Kombat in the Mega Drive.

Back then i got a bit angry at him for going all out against me, and then i got better than him and him going all out still wasn't enough and then he got angry.

I get it now... It's almost as if everything i did before amounts to nothing. These kids have it in their genes. Somehow my father passed it on to me, i made it even stronger, and now my son inherited it and is using it to kick my ass...

Natural order of things.

I still can boss him around though, so that's a plus!
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 11, 2018, 08:32:58 AM »
So Smash Ultimate pretty good but went to check Fire Emblem Heroes 3.0 update out and I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

-New shiny strong unit with anti-meta ability with, yay!
-It's yet another OC in a game whose main selling point was supposed to be that we got to play the characters from the actual games...
-New shiny unit is first of the new "mythic" category, do not confuse with the "legendary" category.
-Mythic units give a bonus to Lift gain in Aether Raids which so far depended basically only on your skill and even somebody like me could keep up with whale teams of 4x+10 rare units. Ok, doesn't sound that bad, they did give us one mythic unit free and got an extra slot in the team so I can fit her in and THE LIFT BONUS IS FUCKING MULTIPLIED BY THE MERGE LEVEL ****** WHY IS? YOU HAD MADE A PVP MODE WHERE WHALES DIDN'T HAVE AN OVERWHELMING ADVANTAGE AND NOW THEY CAN JUST MAX MERGE TO SKYROCKET THEIR LIFT SKILL BE DAMNED!
-In the positive side guess I can stop taking aether raids seriously now at least.
-They also handing out golden tickets for each banner that allow you to start a summoning session for "free", so basically a free 5 orbs you can't save for other banners, not too shabby.
-New story chapters! Let's check th-

HEAVY METAL! EDGELORDS/LADIES EVERYWHERE!!

GLOWING SKELETONS! HELL HERSELF IS COMING FOR US NOW WITH THE ARMIES OF ALL THE PEOPLE WE KILLED!!!

Honestly can't decide if that's awesome or ridiculous.

Oh and new generic enemies pretty nice.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 16, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »
So Blizzard's decided to finally pull the plug in HoTS life support and will no longer support its esports scene.

There seems to have been a lot of negative backlash from fans, but I must honestly ask why. HoTS had pretty much been dying for pretty long with any hope of truly competing against LoL or Dota long lost. Countless mobas already died much faster. And Blizzard's still supporting WoW and Starcraft (both of them), yet there's simply a pratical limit to how many games they can keep going and HoTS was clearly the weak link to reduce here.

On more positive news, Conan RTS in the works!

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 16, 2019, 04:01:14 AM »
Nintendo Direct some days ago with Fire Emblem High School edition except the students are important noble heirs and you're risking their necks fighting bandits like a good teacher should do, Astral Chain as the a new Platinium IP where you play a sci-fi Kamen Rider and Daemon x Machina demo that turns out to be Armored Core with an anime splash and Dragon Quest XI coming to the Switch with a bunch of extras like orchestal music and able to change to 2D pixel art at any time and Dragon Quest Builders II and more.

Also Tetris 99 BATTLE ROYALE! Compete against 99 players at a time in tetris

Did it sound silly at first? Yes.

Did it turn out to be quite popular and even top twitch viewing? Yes!

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 16, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »
This is all coming out?

EDIT: checked out Astral Chain. Looks more like sci-fi Stands than Kamen Rider. NO HENSHIN DAMNIT
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:56:28 AM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 16, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »
Everything coming out in Spring or Summer or already out!

Also ok, the protagonist don't transform but they still do long transformation poses which instead result in summoning their sci-fi stands. :p

And some bits of history already out, seems like whichever protagonist you choose (male or female), the other one will be your younger twin sibling that hangs around for the plot.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 16, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
Don't forget, Os, Touhou Sky Arena Matsuri Climax is coming to the Switch!

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 27, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »
Ah yes, Zun allows for other people to just sell games out of his IP on consoles, he's a nice guy like that.

Also, New main pokemon game Sword and Shield trailer, new region Galar based on UK. Sadly having one of your pokemons out in the world map and wild pokemons being visible from Let's Go haven't made it in. Otherwise seems like they're going back to their classic gameplays with gyms to challenge, release should be by the end of 2019 just in time for the holydays.

Wonder if the new villains will be team Galarexit.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:19:28 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 27, 2019, 09:24:57 PM »
People keep making Touhou character mods for Slay the Spire.

This is something of a problem as I can't not play them. The Marisa mod is both the best done and best translated, though... others are just using fighting game sprites.

And there's two Remilia mods. One isn't translated at all, the other was fed through Google TL and makes no sense and I can't work out what any of its features do by experimentation.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #879 on: March 15, 2019, 02:24:56 AM »
Too many good games have come out all at once.

Which do I conquer first?  Kingdom Hearts 3, DMC5, or Sekiro Shadows Die Twice?
Mudada.