Author Topic: When can we start up our PbP's again?  (Read 13148 times)

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
  • I break Basket Weavers.
    • View Profile
Re: When can we start up our PbP's again?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 07:03:39 AM »
I'm hoping that the migration sparks new interest in games! Because I really want to do some PbP away from the cancer that is GiantITP.

Myth-Weavers is a good place to play too.  Though I agree BGs gaming section seems to be lower traffic.

Re: Giantitp: Is it as bad as I hear?  I got a warning from a very zealous mod going by ZebTheTroll or somesuch.  I was warned because I got upset when other players in a game I was joining started condescending me and I defended myself.

It's very bad. I've gotten points for saying adventurers should be a cut above the random people in the world. Because it's wrong to say that Dirt Farmers can't take on things like Manticores.

There have also been some because a thread was made specifically to insult a person and they entered that thread and told everyone nicely to focus on their own game instead of bashing someone else's.

GitP still has more good players than Myth Weavers though. I've gotten nothing but horror stories out of them.

Offline brainpiercing

• PbP Game Master
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
Question: Should I join the PbP GMs group? Is there any benefit? Any downside? It seems I'm mod in my game, anyway, so... what can the group give me?

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
As far as I can tell, it exists solely for the purposes of identifying MCs to potential players and for ease of contact.
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon