Author Topic: PF: looking for some advice on a couple builds  (Read 1515 times)

Offline faeryn

• Dedicated Spellthief: stealing all your spells
    • View Profile
PF: looking for some advice on a couple builds
« on: November 21, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »
Ok, so I'm currently playing in 2 seperate Pathfinder campaigns, and I'm trying to figure out how to keep my 2 characters up to par with the rest of the party as we advance into higher levels. In one campaign we just hit lv4 this week, and in the other we just hit Lv5 last week. My 2 characters are a Catfolk Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue (Lv4) and a Halfling Unlettered Arcanist (Lv5).

The Rogue uses her Natural Weapons (claws) for combat, and her spells are focused towards utilities. She's also got the Multiclass Variant Wizard progression (minus 3rd Level Familiar, DM permitted skipping the Familiar to keep 3rd level Feat), with the Aether Elemental Arcane School, Water opposition. What I'm looking for is some options to improve her Natural Weapons and Sneak Attack, without sacrificing her spell casting in the process.

The Arcanist is heavily focused on Enchantment and Divination spells themed around "Luck". She's even got herself access to the Destined Bloodline, and will be picking up the Luck-Fate Domain, and Divination-Foresight Arcane School in a couple of levels. What I'm looking for here, is some options for her in later levels when Enchantments start to drop off in usefulness due to Immunities. I'd like to keep her theme of a "Luck Caster" running though.

The builds
Race: Catfolk
Class: Rogue:4
Archetype: Eldritch Scoundrel
Rogue Talents: Finesse Rogue
Sneak Attack: 2d6 (1d6 Class + 1d6 Feat)
Feats: Catfolk Exemplar [Sharp Claws], Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Attributes: Str15, Dex18, Con13, Int18, Wis11,Cha12
Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1
Planned Magic Items: Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes +1[Agile] (Will likely go all the way to +5 enhancement, unsure of what to get for remaining +1 equivalent enchant.)
Spells: All Lv0 Wizard Spells, Obscure Poison, Shield, Mage Armor, Mirror Strike, Seclude Grimoire, Memorize Page, Keep Watch, Detect Secret Doors, Comprehend Languages, True Strike, Blurred Movement, Vanish, Pilfering Hand, Knock
Familiar: Cat (Egotist/Bloodline), Extra Item Slot [Body]

Race: Halfling
Class: Arcanist:4/Sorcerer:1
Archetype: Unlettered Arcanist, White Mage, Crossblooded
Planned Classes: Wizard:1 (at 7th Lv, Divination-Foresight School)
Arcane Exploits: Armored Mask, Bloodline Development (from Feat)
Planned Exploits: Theurge [Luck-Fate], Greater Theurge [Luck-Fate], School Understanding
Bloodline: Destined, Fey (+2 DC of Compulsion spells)
Feats: Spell Focus [Enchantment], Greater Spell Focus [Enchantment], Extra Arcanist Exploit [Bloodline Development] (Allows Arcanist & Sorcerer levels to stack for Bloodline progression)
Planned Feats: Extra Arcanist Exploit [School Understanding] (Allows Arcanist & Wizard levels to stack for Arcane School progression)
Attributes: Str8, Dex13, Con13, Int16, Wis10,Cha16
Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments (Items are not integral to character and may be replaced)
Planned Magic Items: Sorcerer's Robe of Arcane Heritage (pending DM approval)
Arcanist Spells: All Lv0 Witch Spells, Cure Light Wounds, Twisted Futures, Blood Money, Ill Omen, Lucky Number, Identify, Bungle, Unprepared Combatant, Touch of Blindness, Hermean Potential, Umbral Weapon, Qualm
Sorcerer Spells: Root, Open/Close, Jolt, Polypurpose Panacea

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Re: PF: looking for some advice on a couple builds
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 03:22:22 AM »
Won't have wealth for it for many more levels, but Deliquescent Gloves are Acidic property on claws for 8000 that stacks with a AoMF without making it cost more. Ring of Rat Fangs gives you a bite attack cheap, which stacks another attack that benifits from all your specialization into natural attacks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:25:53 AM by Nanashi »