Author Topic: High-End OOC thread  (Read 180923 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:43 AM »
Here's a list of a few spells.  Feel free to pick and fill as you need. There are other good ones and others much better, certainly, but most of these are generally always useful. If you want to learn more spells than those you get via wiz progression, consider scrolls for level 1 spells and training from other wizards for the rest. Get a special no-expensive-writing-material spellbook if you're gonna get plenty.
(click to show/hide)

For the mecha,
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:39:49 AM by Anomander »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2013, 02:42:06 AM »
Kuroimaken's sheet says Arcane Pilot 8, Super Pilot 4. Is this accurate? If so, why Super 4 and not Arcane 12? The robot progression is the same and higher level spells seem better than the rest of what you get from super pilot.

Also, if it is accurate, he wouldn't get a real robot at all, it would be a straight super progression.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2013, 03:53:06 AM »
Aye, mistook with the multiclassing of divine pilot.
I understood he'd be going AP 9/SP 3. Reason would be getting maneuvers, an extra spirit and another pilot feat instead of an arcane feat. The BAB helps too, I imagine.
I think having 4 SP levels would restore the 50 arsenal space, too.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:55 AM »
I think having 4 SP levels would restore the 50 arsenal space, too.

The way multiclassing between casting and non casting pilot classes works, you don't get any advantage out of it robot wise.

BAB, HP, and maneuvers would be nice, though. Loses spells but he already has full casting from the other side, so that's not a big deal.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2013, 05:14:24 AM »
Damn casting classes, getting robots too.  :shakefist
Ah well.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »
Kuroimaken's sheet says Arcane Pilot 8, Super Pilot 4. Is this accurate? If so, why Super 4 and not Arcane 12? The robot progression is the same and higher level spells seem better than the rest of what you get from super pilot.

Also, if it is accurate, he wouldn't get a real robot at all, it would be a straight super progression.
As of right now, it is not. It's supposed to be Arcane1/Divine 8/SP3. Divine gets cleric stuff such as Cure spells - which we might sorely need since NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US SEEMS TO HAVE THAT ABILITY. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Otherwise, Arcane Disciple is a part of the build - so I wanted to do more with that high Wis.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2013, 11:26:57 AM »
Don't something like three or four characters have Fast Healing? Could explain it.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2013, 11:41:49 AM »
Divine gets cleric stuff such as Cure spells - which we might sorely need since NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US SEEMS TO HAVE THAT ABILITY. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

My pilot side is full Divine...

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
Divine gets cleric stuff such as Cure spells - which we might sorely need since NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US SEEMS TO HAVE THAT ABILITY. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

My pilot side is full Divine...
So I'm reading it wrong. >.>

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2013, 11:56:15 AM »
Don't something like three or four characters have Fast Healing? Could explain it.
I had a couple thousand gold I didn't spend that I planned to fill with tools and such, which would Include a Wand of Vigor or something (already have lesser restore).

But yeah, don't personally need it...

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2013, 05:26:06 AM »
Ever since Osle mentioned the possible switch I've been considering trading Divine Flame as my main discipline for Desire Drive and I figured a way to tweak the character some to make it work.
I'd get quite a sensible drop in damage potential but considering everyone else's I figure it might not be much of an issue to lay off the big punches and take on more of a support role.

I don't really mind either way but was interested in knowing what you guys would prefer.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2013, 05:47:12 AM »
From the looks of things every character except mine can contribute offensively pretty effectively (I can as well, in personal combat, but at mecha scale I'm strictly support.)

So I don't see any problem with you toning down your damage in favor of other things. You'll, presumably, still have 33 str so your offense can default to "punch problem in face" if necessary. 

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2013, 05:53:50 AM »
I'm fine with that, being largely focused on smashing things. Also throwing nuclear suns at people, but mostly smashing.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »
Hugo is a SCM, so he can do blasting, some BFC, and thanks to the Shadowcraft Cookie trick, he may be able to support people with utility spells when push comes to shove.

Which reminds me, can I get Delicate Disks in mu scale, and if so, can I have an automated disk launcher?  :D

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »
Which reminds me, can I get Delicate Disks in mu scale, and if so, can I have an automated disk launcher?  :D

I don't know what that is but it made me think of a giant mecha DJ in space defeatin' foes with mad beats.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
Buffed up dodge and Nat armor/DR a bit for real robots.

Hugo is a SCM, so he can do blasting, some BFC, and thanks to the Shadowcraft Cookie trick, he may be able to support people with utility spells when push comes to shove.
Ah, guess then I have to inform you of my shadowcraft mage errata:
-Shadow Illusion no longer ignores any extra gold/material/exp costs of the spell you're copying.
-Earth spell is banned.

Yes, you can have delicate disks in mu scale if you make them while inside your mecha.
Automated disk launcher will run you 25 arsenal space. Gives the disks 30 mu range. You can only load up a number of them at a time equal to your max arsenal level. Reloading fullround action that provokes aoos.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:52:49 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »
You could have REALLY told me that BEFORE I went with Arcane Disciple and SCM, osle...

EDIT: I know it's your prerogative and all as a DM to ban what you need to, or feel the need to, but I could've used that information BEFORE I built my character. Admittedly, if I had told you of my plans earlier, I would have probably gotten a heads-up, but I didn't expect it to be an issue.

EDIT2: If I may offer a suggestion...

I don't particularly mind paying XP for Shadow Miracles. It should be kind of the illusionist nova, as it were.

But might I suggest we waive the GP cost for the spell? We could also put up a limit such as "you cannot have a total of spell levels inside Delicate Disks any higher than your CL x half your level, rounded down".
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:12:42 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
But might I suggest we waive the GP cost for the spell? We could also put up a limit such as "you cannot have a total of spell levels inside Delicate Disks any higher than your CL x half your level, rounded down".
Swap reserves of strength and sanctum spell for some two other feats that don't show up in 50% of arcane cheese tricks and that's a deal.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
Hmmm. I suppose I could do that. Any suggestions for replacements?

I'll need to look into that...

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »
I've always liked Mobile Spellcasting and Extraordinary Spell Aim. If that inspires you.