Author Topic: [3.P] Level Adjustments, Effective Party Level, and Buy-Offs  (Read 1153 times)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
[3.P] Level Adjustments, Effective Party Level, and Buy-Offs
« on: March 31, 2013, 05:35:50 AM »
I'll be blunt. When it comes to math, I suck. Pathfinder has "rules" that have math in it for how you should technically deal with monstrous PCs. However, it's really if you're doing it for a small minority of monster PCs and still have regular PCs as well.

So my question is, has someone here come up with a better solution for dealing with monstrous characters than what Paizo came up with? Something less difficult that everyone can understand.

Right now I'm just having the PCs go up Slow progression XP instead of Medium, but eventually I'd like to put them on the Medium track. Just a matter of when.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
  • My personal text is impersonal.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.P] Level Adjustments, Effective Party Level, and Buy-Offs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:23:57 AM »
Savage Species handles it better, though most characters produced with that will be a bit on the underpowered side.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
Re: [3.P] Level Adjustments, Effective Party Level, and Buy-Offs
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
Savage Species handles it better, though most characters produced with that will be a bit on the underpowered side.
It does, but I like Arcana's level buy-off as well. It's nice to have otherwise you start to become underpowered after a while.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.