Author Topic: Ch. 1: The Road to Riches  (Read 56972 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Ch. 1: The Road to Riches
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »
The doors open and happy music is playing inside.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »
I follow Period inside, nervously trying to keep an eye on the surrounding city for threats.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
Period looks around for someone who can heal Theodore.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 09:51:12 PM »
there is a small bell on the counter that says: "Ring for assistance"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 09:52:34 PM »
Period looks at the sign.

Period: Beatrice, what does this mean?  What ring?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 09:53:14 PM »
"Oh, I, um," I begin as I look for the bell.  "It means that you're supposed to ring the...ah!"

I ring for assistance.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »
the bell makes a quiet thud.  In fact, nothing about what happened when you pressed the bell made you think of the word 'ring'  However, you do hear a beep coming from above you, a small door opens up and a marble falls onto a previously unnoticed wire track that rolls it to the wall.  the marble falls into a cup, which was balanced on a see saw against a thin wooden pole, which, once pushed up, tilted another pole, which caused a new marble to fall into a funnel, as the marble spins and picks up speed, it falls through the chute in the bottom of the funnel and onto the depressor of an identical bell on the floor, which rings in a way that would make you think of the word 'ring'

there is stirring in the back and a very sleepy looking woman with teal hair in two pig tails walks out with her pajamas on.  Her pajamas are covered in what you can now identify as Jigglypuff, along with two similarly big eyed pokemon that must be related to jigglypuff somehow.

She sobers up remarkably quickly as she looks at her watch and says "Good Afternoon!  Welcome to the Brightwing pokemon center!  How may I help you today?"

She rummages under the counter for a moment, looking for something, but maintains a polite amount of eye contact with both of you.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:20 PM »
Period: Can you heal Theodore?

Theodore wafts up next to Period.

Period: And, um, are you looking for something?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
"Yes, of course I can heal your little Unown."  Her hand clasps onto something and she pulls out a sling shot and a paper bullet.  with deft aim, she turns ninety degrees and fires a paper bullet, which bounces on the far wall and banks into the back room.  There's a small yelp.

"And my sister would be happy to help you if you'd like to buy anything today."

She sets the slingshot down and turns to walk towards the back.  "If you'll follow me Theo, I'll heal you up back here."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »
Theodore follows the lady.  Period goes over to the other lady.

Period: Hello!  I'm Period!  Who are you?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
A woman slooowly emerges.  she has long hair in two buns, which she undoes to reveal black pigtails with teal hair roots.  She wipes her face with her hand and says "Mm Rilly.  Welcome to the shop, I guess."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 11:53:15 PM »
Fiddling with my Pokédex, I discover a "link" option.  I resolve to ask Period if her Classiforum Device has a similar capability, once she's done dealing with the shopkeeper.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
Period: Hello, Rilly!  I don't have anything I want to buy now, because I bought it at the other Pokemon Center, but it's nice to meet you!
Period: Oh, the other center said something about beds.  Do you offer that here also?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 12:00:33 AM »
She nods sleepily.  It appears as though she just came from one of said beds.  "Yeh.  We have"  She yawns. "Beds here.  Curfew is normally at 11, we had a bit of a rush last night though.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »
Period: Oh?  What happened?  Do you need help with anything?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »
"Where were you twelve hours ago~."  she says with a teasing voice, as if they would expect a random trainer to go out of their way to help a pokemon center.  "but the matter has been resolved.  There was a rogue Electrode explosion over at Shinra Co.  Lots of pokemon and people were injured, but we were able to take care of everyone.

She looks like she is more than willing to gossip if you press her, and is only offering token politeness by refusing to going on.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
Period: Oh no!  Tell me more!  What's an Electrode!?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 11:58:24 PM »
She opens her mouth.  then closes it.  She opens it again...  then closes it.  "It's a bit like a pokeball with eyes, it's an electric type and is very powerful, but it is prone to exploding, it's explosions can be quite devastating to areas around it during the blast.  I'm sure there are still people around Shinra if you're really looking to help out.  I know *I've* done my patriotic duty already."

she looks around.  "But you know...  people are saying it wasn't an accident..."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Legendary Member
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »
Period: What do you mean?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Honorary Mod
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 12:07:34 AM »
"Well...  I'm not sure if you're in the know..."  her eyes seem to be lighting up with the glee of a gossiper unleashed.  "But people have been speculating that Shinra's been up to some super hush hush research.  The researchers have been holing up in there for days at a time and nobody talks about anything anymore."
Magic do what you will