Author Topic: Youkaiskin  (Read 2169 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Youkaiskin
« on: March 30, 2019, 12:07:18 AM »
Youkaiskin

"I'm bored. That doesn't mean I want you to give me work to do. It just means I'm bored." -Velouria, Youkaiskin

Youkaiskin may be either humanoids that started developing beastly traits or beasts that started to develop humanoid traits. Either way the result is the same, somebody that can shift their skin between both. That often results them in having both beast and humanoid urges that make them develop unique tastes, likes and dislikes.

MAKING A YOUKAISKIN
Abilities: Depending in their choices, Youkaiskin may rely in different ability scores.
Races: Half-beasts are a natural fit for Youkaiskin, but a great variety of humanoids and monsters take it too.
Alignment: Youkaiskin can be of any alignment, but they usually tend more to the neutral spectrum, usually just minding their own life but may have urges to wander and try out new things now and then.  Evil Youkaiskin are ferocious predators that hunt down more than they need to eat. Good Youkaiskin often set themselves as guardian beasts of places and people. Lawful Youkaiskin either seek a mistress to obey or become rulers themselves. Chaotic youkaiskin often wander far and wide all the time, causing and solving all kind or problems on whims.
Starting Gold: 4d4x10 (100gp)
Starting Age: Young

HD:d10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature Maneuvers Known Maneuvers Readied Stances Known
1 +1 +2+2+0 Maneuvers, Natural Youkai, Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill531
2 +2 +3+3 +0 Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill642
3 +3 +3+3 +1Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill742
4 +4 +4 +4+1Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill852
5 +5 +4 +4 +1Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill964
6 +6 +5+5+2Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill1064
7 +7 +5 +5 +2Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill1174
8 +8 +6 +6 +2Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill1284
9 +9  +6+6+3Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill1394
10+10 +7+7+3Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill1494
11+11 +7 +7+3Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill15106
12+12 +8 +8+4Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill16116
13+13 +8 +8 +4Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill17126
14+14 +9 +9 +4Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill19126
15+15 +9 +9 +5Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill20138
16+16 +10 +10+5Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill21148
17+17 +10 +10+5Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill221510
18+18 +11+11+6Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill231510
19 +19 +11 +11 +6Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill241610
20+20 +12 +12 +6Brutal Beauty, Beautiful Beast, Savage Skill251710

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
Balance, Bluff, Climb,  Concentration, Craft(any), Iaijutsu Focus, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Listen, Move Silently, Profession(any), Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble

Proficiencies: Light armor and any natural weapons gained through this class only.

Features:

Maneuvers: A Youkaiskin learns maneuver from the Tiger Claw, Shadow Hand and White Raven schools plus another martial school of her choice. If the second school demands any special prerequisite (like Ancient Temple needing a feat) the Youkaiskin must fulfill it as well. Her Initiator level is equal to her Youkaiskin level plus half other levels, and she can only learn maneuvers of a level no bigger than half (IL+1).

Whenever the Youkaiskin transforms through  Deceivingly Innocent Form (see below), she may recover all her expended maneuvers.

At 4th level, and every even-numbered level afterwards, the Youkaiskin can swap one of her older maneuvers with a new one she qualifies for from one of her two schools (the new one doesn't need to be of the same level of the older one).

Monster class levels that didn’t already grant maneuvers or initiator synergy fully stack with Youkaiskin for calculating IL.

Natural Youkai : The Youkaiskin gains +10 feet to all movement speeds while not wearing any armor. In addition if the Youkaiskin was an humanoid then they change to monstrous Humanoid (gain Darkvision 60 feet, do not recalculate anything), their looks changing to something completely monstrous like their full body covered in fur or scales, walking on all fours, and lose the ability to speak beyond animalistic grunts and cries and can no longer perform fine manipulation. However they also gain Deceivingly Innocent Form as a bonus feat, ignoring the other prerequisites. If they already had it, then they can transform as a move or swift action.

Cosmetic details such as whetever they gain fur or scales and which color are left up to the player.

Beautiful Beast: At each level the Youkaiskin gains one of the following abilities. Monster class levels count as Youkaiskin levels for any Beautiful Beast limits.
(click to show/hide)

Savage Skill: At each level the Youkaiskin gains one of the following abilities.

(click to show/hide)

Brutal Beauty: At 20th level 1/day as a free action you can gain any one Beautiful Beast option you qualify for that lasts 1 hour.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:51:38 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Youkaiskin
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 12:07:29 AM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Youkaiskin
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:08:03 AM »
One more for luck.

So basically a more animalistic initiator specialized in fighting with natural weapons.