Author Topic: Warmachine/Hordes  (Read 3659 times)

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
Warmachine/Hordes
« on: November 25, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
Anybody here play it?  One of the players in my weekly group just got into it and it sounds pretty cool.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: Warmachine/Hordes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:52 PM »
I have Legion of Everblight, if you want giant eyeless landsharks that is the place to go.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:16:49 AM »
Yup, that's what my buddy plays.  Actually he uses some of those models for his wildshaped druid and animal companion.  I was looking at maybe Trollbloods or Circle Orboros.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 12:30:58 AM »
What type of models are you particually attracted to? Warbeasts? Units?

Circle has some really good beast casters, trollbloods less so. If you want to run a beast heavy list Circle would be a lot stronger. Personally I think the Warpwolf Stalker is one of the best models in the range (plus Berserk is epic against certain things)

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »
That's the issue  :P
If I run trolls, it would be mostly units.  If I run Circle, it would be mostly beasts. 

Also, I haven't decided whether or not I like the painting aspect of the hobby yet - If I don't particularly enjoy painting, I'd be better off running a beast heavy list (fewer models to paint).  If it turns out I really like it, I'd be better off running a unit heavy list. 

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »
Circle can run troops too or a mix fairly well. Trolls just don't run beasts well.

Bear in mind that even a troop heavy list will need 2-3 warbeasts to generate fury from.

Painting is fun on occasion, however I have never met anyone who enjoys painting hordes of models. It is a bit of a chore even if you like painting...

Best advice would be to find someone to split the two player box with if you go circle. Trolls are not so lucky but as far as I am aware their starter box is pretty good if a little redundant.

The Privateer press forums are relatively active and have a lot of good advice on them.

Battlecollege is also a good source of information, it has reviews of every model in the game with a breakdown of each ability. Not something to rely on if you are a tournament level player but for a beginner it is excellent.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:18:40 AM by littha »

Offline McBeardly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »
The battle engines and collosals have provided interesting painting opportunities but can someone answer a question for me.

How hard is if for the throne of everblight to model.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »
Forgot about this thread  :D

The battle engines and collosals have provided interesting painting opportunities but can someone answer a question for me.

How hard is if for the throne of everblight to model.
I'm not sure I understand the question - are you asking how hard it is to assemble/put together?

I got the 2 player Warmachine battle box for Christmas.  Got a couple of them painted, but I tend to go really slowly cuz I'm a little bit of a perfectionist.  I really like the game so far :)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
I played Protectorate of Menoth, then Retribution of Scryah. Scryah is freakin amazing.