Author Topic: Vote 2020  (Read 5693 times)

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Vote 2020
« on: November 01, 2020, 08:22:16 PM »
I voted BUT hoo buddie it was tricky.

I voted in the primary by mail, and helped gramma + grandpa do the same.  There was a check box to receive the application for mail ballot for the general.  We each checked that.  The signature they had on file for me, was from when I was 17 years old = I haven't signed like that in a long time.  I crossed my fingers and waited.  The county commish went on tv to say all ballots were counted.  Bullet dodged.

Our applications never got sent.  Grandpa got grumpy and called.  Oops we'll send those.  Got applications late.  Filled immediately.  I hand deliver all 3.   State vote dashboard says they got them, and processed them same day.  And sent ballots on 10/3.  Gramma + Grandpa got theirs a week later.  Mine no showed.  Deadline approached.  I called party HQ but I didn't qualify for easy access place.  I called county elections, they said wait.  I said I'd been waiting.  They said wait more anyway.  I waited and called again.  Oops come on in and get new ballot, we'll void the other one.  Round in circles.  I get ballot on last day possible for vote by mail, and vote on the spot.  Couldn't expose gramma + grandpa, so I had to jump through the flaming hoops. 

I've never had a problem voting before.  Never.  Voided ballot isn't expected to show on Monday.  It seems to have evaporated.  Ahh the magic of voting.

Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vote 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 08:45:33 PM »
In case you missed it ...
(because you've got a job , family , life , etc.)

The Nebraska odd singleton 1 electoral vote, got called way late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.  It's a smidge complicated for normal news to explain in soundbyte time frame.
Fox News called Arizona before anyone else.  Trump threw a fit, multiple witnesses + sources.  The AP has since called it too, but most of the other majors have not.
Fox joined the others in calling Wisconsin.
And Fox called Michigan at the same time as the other majors, even though the AP didn't call it right away.

That puts Biden at 270 ... and so says Fox.
--- edit --- put sloppily,  IF Biden also wins Nevada THEN the 270 happens.
Nevada said they'll be done tomorrow early.
Pennsylvania is counting mail ins for at least 2 more days.
Biden is favored in both.
Georgia and North Carolina are still counting and while they're very close, Trump will probably keep those.
--- edit --- looks like both Georgia and NC are done counting = ~Trump wins those.

It's all over except the shouting and lawsuits.  Lots of shouting.
Whew.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 09:47:04 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 08:33:47 AM »
This has been a nail-biting last two days.

I voted back in September and mailed my ballot in from Ontario.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 05:58:08 PM »
Because of how long the process is taking, I'm getting pinged regularly by my European relatives wondering what exactly is going on and why this is such a drawn out event. They're all very perplexed, especially when I mention that PA has until Friday to finish counting votes, etc.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »
538 issued a very soft call on Nevada around 12:30pm BUT usually they back that up with real #'s. 

Georgia looks much more close than anyone imagined. (obviously I boo-boo-ed twice above)
Both Senate races are under 50% and will go to a run off ; minor Libertarian true believer spoilers going on.
Here's someone doing an exceptionally granular county count (site generally left)  but these #'s are spot on.
ww.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/5/1993078/-3PM-Georgia-Update
-- edit link off --
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:29:58 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 08:18:16 PM »
Robby and Strat, yeah the expatriot votes and the military votes, used to take pony + boat rides.

My original ballot never showed.  My post office district got a temporary on-time rating of 61%.  It's possible my ballot was returned to the local election office, despite the normal you have to deliver mail to that mail's address thingy // totally illegal oopsy-whoopsy.

Ahh but what's his face told cutie Anakin we shall be patient.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 02:46:40 AM »
Im just happy that my voted counted 5x or more what others do... might be more than 10x... need to double check
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 06:29:34 AM »
Im just happy that my voted counted 5x or more what others do... might be more than 10x... need to double check

By how influential it was?

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 09:11:33 AM »
I'm in Pittsburgh...

PA is a 5x multiplier... per XKCD
states labeled as Other are .5

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 12:57:23 PM »
Because of how long the process is taking, I'm getting pinged regularly by my European relatives wondering what exactly is going on and why this is such a drawn out event. They're all very perplexed, especially when I mention that PA has until Friday to finish counting votes, etc.

The amusing thing to me about this is that our voting counting process always takes this long and it's like everyone forgets about that.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 02:05:44 PM »
the 100k PA ballots for Trump i listed on ebay didnt sell...  :rolleyes

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 04:04:26 PM »

The amusing thing to me about this is that our voting counting process always takes this long and it's like everyone forgets about that.
I blame the fuckers in the media's need to breathlessly treat is as if it was the result of a sportsball game and we'd have the final score after the next commercial break.  Even though official tallies are at least a day after poll closing in all but the most obvious blowouts.
There's a month between Election day and the Electoral College meeting for a damned good reason.  We're American, we no math gud.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 08:41:21 PM »
Oooo , and don't forget real Dog Sledding to get some Alaska votes all the way in.

altP doesn't live in Wyoming ... (thinks)  < this looks like Gollum trying to answer Bilbo's riddles >

The trigger the majors (including fox) used, was PA going above the automatic recount < 0.5% margin.  Lo and behold, that was a tranche from Allegheny County --- also known as the altP infinity value vote deciding the whole entire election.  WooHoo c.o. will really be famous now.

Ahh Keldar, never underestimate the delicious shadenfreude of drip drip water torture on the losers (in this particular case the target was also the most drip tortured, making it all the more delicious) < and vice versa on previous and future votes > . 

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 08:50:43 PM »
I've mentioned 3rd party votes before.

This go round, the LIbertarians were shorn of the Paleos for Trump, and the Pragmatists for Biden.  That consistent 1 to 1.2% around the country, really made a difference.  The Libertarian vote was bigger (!) than the margin between the #1 and #2 vote getters in :  Arizona , Nevada , Wisconsin , Pennsylvania , and Georgia , and also the N Carolina senate race and the Georgia Perdue-Ossoff race.   Noticable effect.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
The mess is very likely to drag out to December, given the pileup of statistical abberations going on that amount to a very solid case to begin investigations. Stuff like some counties having 30% of Biden votes be for just him, all but two of the Bellwether Counties being wrong, massive Benford's Law violations, and the stretching credibility breakdown of votes counted at various times. And once fraud investigations get going, that is not stopping 'till the proper Constitutional election day, at the least. The question is how long they'll take to wrap up after the Electoral College votes are cast.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 03:03:01 AM »
Wow, I must say that it turned out to be pretty much 50-50 in the end.

I followed the impeachment and the political debates up to the elections and this Trump guy has so much bad publicity (even from himself) that I thought that I'd be a landslide win for the other guy, who is equally cringy.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 08:02:16 AM »
Allegheny County <-- me

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 03:53:46 PM »
PA is a 5x multiplier... per XKCD
states labeled as Other are .5
Link?

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2020, 06:59:03 PM »
ty for the assist Nan

Anim-manga still sux.