Author Topic: Need a Bronies help  (Read 7871 times)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
Need a Bronies help
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:18:19 AM »
Someone in my circle of gamers asked me if I could stat up Princess Luna from MLP. He showed me some clips when I asked what all she was / could do. I saw her use "the royal voice" which was just Resounding Voice as far as I saw. I saw her use Control Weather. and I saw her cast Skyrift (turned to night).

Thing 1) Does she have any other powers? (from what I gather, she's really powerful, but I didn't see that much of actual powers.)
Thing 2) Applying the winged template to an Unicorn seems pretty easy, but is there a lower HD + LA way of giving a horse a horn (templates / other equine races)?
Thing 3) Any other recommendations on how to do this? (I have a few ideas, but I am wide open for suggestions at this point.)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Need a Bronies help
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
Well, there's the Unicorn Horn spell...
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »
Thing 2) Applying the winged template to an Unicorn seems pretty easy, but is there a lower HD + LA way of giving a horse a horn (templates / other equine races)?
Do any of the MLP characters ever gore people?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
Do any of the MLP characters ever gore people?

I don't know if they do, but it might happen.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
  • My personal text is impersonal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
I would quite imagine that every adult unicorn can use telekinesis.
She animated a bunch of spiders in an early season 2 episode.
Together with her sister, she used the Elements of Harmony to defeat some kind of chimera known as Discord. He has reality altering powers, so the ability to use the elements of harmony seems quite powerful.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »
Somewhere (and don't ask me why) I have pathfinder states for an "Earth Pony" for MLP.  It is LA 0, and you can slap on wings and a horn from there.  I'll try and find it for you when I go home in 12 hours.
Mudada.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »
Well, the princesses are supposed to move the sun and the moon but I have no idea how big these are in their world. It seems to be like a very high level "weather control" rather than telekinesis.

But yes, standard telekinetic powers. A lightning bolt. teleportation.

Luna showed the most in the first episode, where she was the villain. She could teleport, turn into a cloud of quickly moving vapour/darkness and use it to take other shapes - at one point she pretended to be a group of ponies.

She temporarily turned a basket of stuffed toys into real spiders that did her bidding and wore a dark cloak that turned into live bats. I am not sure how real they exactly were. I am thinking something akin to a shadowcraft mage?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:34:33 PM by Braininthejar »

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Having thought about it, it should probably be psionic - the pony magic clearly depends on how much energy the user has available (this is most visible in the second season finale, when the Changeling Queen feeds upon Shining Armor's love and gets strong enough to overpower Celestia and later when Shining Armour and Cadence end the invasion by using their mutual power of love for an infinite feedback loop hax and put the resultant energy into his force bubble spell, turning it into a "locate city bomb". )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7U-fmk-D7Q

As for pure power, both the princessess are supposed to be more powerful than any unicorn. The most powerful unicorn in the series is Twilight and at her most badass she could levitate a gargantuan bear for long enough to send it back to its lair, several miles from the village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsVG-yBRxkY&feature=related
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:48:48 PM by Braininthejar »

Offline RetroGamer24

• I wanna be a Bishie.
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »
I have to respectfully disagree on psionics.  It does fit the theme of FiM.  There are many ways to doing the alicorn magic (unicorns too).  I suggest having a CL of around 18 would be fine and add in some immortality to Luna.  Oh and when she was Nightmare Moon the powers are a tad different.  Most she can do is change back into that form but she may have lost some of the powers from it.  My 2 bits.
YES! YES!                     YES! YES! YES!

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
Samuel Clemmins

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
Considering how old this thread is, it was probably already done one way or another by the time I posted.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »
Considering how old this thread is, it was probably already done one way or another by the time I posted.
Nope, the campaign died before his character got his mount, or his followers (all of this was going to be picked up via leadership).

And there are so, so many Bronies around.

So the fact that this thread has been necro'd a few times is really just a testament to the interest in the concept.

I do plan to start watching them at some point myself, just to see what the hubbub is.

But as for this thread, it will live as a continuing project until it is completed.

Personally, I've no idea how to manage the power level or power set appropriately, on a pony/unicorn/alicorn. Of course, a min/maxed full caster who poly'ed into said pony doesn't count.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline dipolartech

• Handy Haversack anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »
Well I've been toying around the idea of statting out 5 factotatum/bard builds based on different colored elements all with wild cohort and giving them awakened ToB class level unicorn/pony mounts. Power Rangers riding My Little Ponies?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »
Well I've been toying around the idea of statting out 5 factotatum/bard builds based on different colored elements all with wild cohort and giving them awakened ToB class level unicorn/pony mounts. Power Rangers riding My Little Ponies?

The person who was going to be riding Luna had been reincanated as a Warforged.
He was Robocop.

Robocop was riding a unicorn alicorn LUNA! to solve all of our problems.  :cool

Normally, I hate crap like that in D&D ("My character is basically me + Sephiroth"), but this was just too hilarious to pass up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:08:33 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »
Personally, I've no idea how to manage the power level or power set appropriately, on a pony/unicorn/alicorn. Of course, a min/maxed full caster who poly'ed into said pony doesn't count.

There was someone (on the old board I think) who tried to make full rules for that, with mixed success.

Note that most unicorns only have one or two powers, themed to their job/special talent. Proper "wizards" like Twilight are rare. They do all get at will telekinesis though, which would qualify them for master of unseen hand  :plotting

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
  • Chara did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
    • Kristof Imperator YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
Left side is relevant to this discussion.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:48:50 PM by ImperatorK »
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"
My YT channel - LoL gameplay

Offline Prak

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
If a player asked me to stat up Princess Luna, I would initially be inclined to simply stat her as a god. Give her a symbol (her cutie mark), some domains (night, darkness, magic, good [if Luna]/evil [if Nightmare Moon]), a portfolio (Night), and something like average Deity HD for game world (likely not more than 15-20 for Equestria, but if she's in FR, she should have more) with a couple of special abilities (Commanding Voice, all illusion spells as a 20th level sorcerer).

Offline Karlton

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
Remember the Dungeonbred Monster template from Dungeonscape p. 112. Luna is a pony, and she should be medium-sized.

Other than that, I think that the magical properties of alicorns are best represented by the warlock or sorcerer class, or perhaps as a gestalt or dual advancement PrC between the two. They seem to be able to use some magical abilities at will, but when forced to bring their most powerfu spells to bear, their magic will deplete eventually, as seen in several episodes.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12296.0 is the thread on the old boards that tried to bring MLP into D20.  It's rather wonky though, but you might be able to draw some inspiration from it.

Figuring out their "casting system" is a tough one as far as D&D goes since they effectively get unlimited cantrips unless they use their strongest magic and tire themselves out.  Psionics might work with a recharge trick based on the level of power used.  Lower level powers can fully recharge but if the strongest powers get used and the unicorn has no more PP then it needs to rest to use anything else.

Note that another positive for psionics in this case is it's only a mental activation.  Pony magic doesn't require any somatic or verbal components.

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
  • Chara did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
    • Kristof Imperator YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »
PF has cantrips at will.
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"
My YT channel - LoL gameplay

Offline CaptRory

• Could Get Lost in a Straight Hallway
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 01:40:12 AM »
This might help a bit: http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com/p/my-little-pony-friendship-is-dungeons.html

You could stat the Princesses up as goddesses with portfolios. But still sort of fragile. Celestia gets her ass beat by the Changeling Queen, Chrysalis, in the second season finale.